Page 147 of 253 FirstFirst ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 6315
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    You can tell Elon Musk was born in another country because he has no idea how the first amendment works. We can change the title of this thread since we clearly have our answer.
    He does know, and he doesn't care as someone who is a megalomaniac. All he cares about is himself and owning the libs.

https://twitter.com/duty2warn/status...79372342841345
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

#microwavesofsf
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Lol. If only there was a common fable that captures the vileness of greed with inexcusable, shameless lack of humanity. Bob Cratchit would like a word.

Name:  BobCratchit.JPG
Views: 411
Size:  55.3 KB

There are people out there who will see no problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    There are people out there who will see no problem with this.
    If voluntarily, why is that a problem? Is there anything or anyone in the article that says this was coerced?

Some people have pride/satisfaction in their work/commitments and I would never judge someone negatively if they go the extra mile where I wasn't willing. Most people are slackers and take offense when you point that out to them.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    If voluntarily, why is that a problem? Is there anything or anyone in the article that says this was coerced?

Some people have pride/satisfaction in their work/commitments and I would never judge someone negatively if they go the extra mile where I wasn't willing. Most people are slackers and take offense when you point that out to them.
    every grindset dickrider who spews this dumb bullshit blares a trumpet that they’ve never actually worked hard, don’t understand the world, and think the only way to success is no gag reflex and a willingness to swallow when you hate the fucker

now send another email salesturd

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    every grindset dickrider who spews this dumb bullshit blares a trumpet that they’ve never actually worked hard.
    Do you realize that millions of people do this on the reg during their work day? Millions.

I worked in a shop for awhile. One day they hire a new guy, who immediately starts keeps working through the 30 minute lunch break. A couple of us gave him a few hints to not make other workers look bad for taking a lunch break, but he insisted he wanted to, and didn't take the hint.

Not long after, the owner brought him up as an example in the weekly meeting of someone who put in the extra effort necessary to be a good employee. And not long after that, some of the other workers (immigrants, and desperate for work) started working through their lunch break.

But hey, it was voluntary.

It felt so good when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Do you realize that millions of people do this on the reg during their work day? Millions.
    having worked overnights more recently than you grandpa much less Sirderpsalot , I realize they are hard to staff because it’s a shit shift that people don’t want to work even for more money

The ladies at the massage studio Robert Craft frequented “lived” there. That’s partially why it was called trafficking.

You can probably have beds at a business where it’s not zoned mix but they would need to be permitted and a forth.

LOL, the owner at that shop would love to hire FOB workers from Mexico and various central American countries and immediately lend them money to buy a car to get to work. Then those poor bastards would have to work 60+ hour weeks to pay off the loans and afford to live. That MFer was straight out of a Dickens novel.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    The ladies at the massage studio Robert Craft frequented “lived” there. That’s partially why it was called trafficking.

You can probably have beds at a business where it’s not zoned mix but they would need to be permitted and a forth.
    Talk about going off on a tangent! I would wager Musk is requiring key people to meet deadlines....they are salaried and highly paid and I seriously doubt they are trafficked employees....lol

Talk about going off on a tangent! I would wager Musk is requiring key people to meet deadlines....they are salaried and highly paid and I seriously doubt they are trafficked employees....lol
    Or, they’re H1B’s under threat of term

the h1b’s might as well be, no? i mean they have to put up with it or go home.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Some H1B's might disagree.

Or, they’re H1B’s under threat of term

Perhaps but the author doesn't provide any proof or even speculate that. You are free to provide some however and I could be swayed.

I don't mean to throw shade or endorse over worked people, but in Asia, it is a common thing for restaurant and office workers to take sleep breaks after prep or getting the day started. It's a regular thing.

And Dunfool, I've worked way more overnights than you have on the reg. Probably more in the last month alone than you have in a lifetime. And, get this, I'm probably younger than you. Did you sleep today yet? I haven't. Planning on that 2-3 p.m. power meow nap before the rush hits. I've already got a solid 6 hours under me belt. Want to compare?; then put up or shut (or stay) up.

Edit to add: there are quite a few of us out there that aren't wired to the 8-6 clock. A lot. We actually have fun texting each other at 2, or 4:30 a.m.

Perhaps but the author doesn't provide any proof or even speculate that. You are free to provide some however and I could be swayed.
    It’s not dissimilar to regulating Airbnb. But, tech bros have always begged forgiveness rather than permission.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I don't mean to throw shade or endorse over worked people, but in Asia, it is a common thing for restaurant and office workers to take sleep breaks. It's a regular thing.
    in some countries it is common to stone people accused of cheating, thankfully we make our own rules here ffs.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

How much do you need to be paid for labor laws and human decency to no longer apply to you?

Also reports are that most of the people staying are on visas and have no choice. What’s an ok salary for them to be forced to live at work?

People working for anybody are not just robots, or entries on a spreadsheet. These are actual human lives. Their new apartheid boss clearly doesn’t care about human rights, but we don’t have to dick ride him all the way to hell.

It’s not dissimilar to regulating Airbnb. But, tech bros have always begged forgiveness rather than permission.
    Axe to grind?

https://shop.creamforever.com/produc...e-us-black-hat

Axe to grind?
    What’s that supposed to mean? There’s only one side to your opinion?
    Weak give up?

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    in some countries it is common to stone people accused of cheating, thankfully we make our own rules here ffs.
    ffs, I don't cheat, and I don't get stoned. Each one teach one I suppose. Sorry some cultures are so enlightened that they either allow for a siesta, or let their workers take a solid nap after a family meal.

You're probably 'merican aren't you? You probably have a car payment, a mortgage and kids? Couple cars, grass?

Have you traveled much? FFS? What are you really brokering? Or are you just tied to an exchange trading time?

Serious questions. Have you checked with you union lately? How's your dental?

Serious minds need to know. Otherwise, you are posting like a fucking clown. Or tool if that makes you feel closer to your employer of not really your choice now is it?

It's hump day, and fastfreddie is already stealing your campsite, or possibly your wife, or your tracks if you had the time to lay any of those.

#brokerthat

And I'm glad that, "we make our own rules here". 'MERICA, FKNA! And I'd love to take an American made well seasoned cast iron skillet and dope slap you into reality.