Page 100 of 254 FirstFirst ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 6340
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Sam Waltons estate paid zero tax at his death. He put his shares in a family LLC or something decades before. So many loopholes to close before destroying people while they are alive.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Oh yes, the poor billionaires will be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    You know better than I, but wouldn’t they have lost something if they did not exercise? And what good is it to them if they never sold anyway?

If they didn’t exercise their options they never owned stock and the options expire worthless. Just like exchange options. RSU’s are a bit different as they vest automatically generating an immediate tax bill on their value and companies will withhold. Either way the recipient knows the tax outcome.

There’s an option when you exercise ISO’s to do an immediate sale. The greed part is they exercised options and held hoping to get taxed at a lower rate.

Why not go full Godwin and say Hitler was pretty smart too???
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    If he'd pay his fair share of taxes a lot of the other asshattyness wouldn't ruffle so many feathers..
    I support a wealth tax and disagree with our current system for capital gains. That said, isn’t his tax bill approx $11 Billion in 21? Not exactly the time to say he isn’t paying.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Lol. “He’s a genius because he’s a genius, not that I can actually point to anything concrete, but your view is limited”

if there is one space in the world Elon’s genius is least questioned, it’s the internet
    You and I must have different definitions of genius and concrete. Taking Tesla and SpaceX to their current states is pretty good on both counts, especially when you see how involved he was with many of the strategic and technical decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    You and I must have different definitions of genius and concrete. Taking Tesla and SpaceX to their current states is pretty good on both counts, especially when you see how involved he was with many of the strategic and technical decisions.
    Yes, operational dysfunction at Tesla shows he’s not a super genius engineer. “Make more decisions faster” “I want falcon wing doors because they look cool” He’s great at stock fraud though. But this is just super online millennial knob slobbering over a cartoon in a binary world.

4/20 looks like a reckoning day. The PE firms all dropped out so the TWTR board can just stay quiet for now with the stock $10 below the offer.

This doesn’t sound like a slavelike labor camp at all, nope.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-chin...m-details/amp/
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

I support a wealth tax and disagree with our current system for capital gains. That said, isn’t his tax bill approx $11 Billion in 21? Not exactly the time to say he isn’t paying.
    Is that his PERSONAL tax bill or Tesla/Space-X/etc's tax bill? I'd wager is personal effective tax rate is below mine..

TSLA earnings today. TSLA and TWTR are both sitting on daily chart support. 10% down in both would not be a surprise.

There are no other bidders for TWTR. There’s no value and too much noise for take over investment. Musk might be forced to buy it.

I heard an interesting take today on Elon's ability to purchase. If most of his actual money is tied up in Tesla stock and he is only able to sell a specific portion at any time (apparently no more than 25%) where does the purchase cash come from? Can he actually do it or is it a just an Elon promo moment?

He could easily borrow against equity but the finance rates would crush any chance at financial success. It would basically be junk financing. Although, I suspect he’d still have to come up with some cash.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    He could easily borrow against equity but the finance rates would crush any chance at financial success. It would basically be junk financing. Although, I suspect he’d still have to come up with some cash.
    he’s already near enough his gimp board borrowing limit to preclude this dipshit

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    dipshit finds dipshits 25% of shares

^ if Elon, BTC, everyone on this board, all media, any report etc are all dipshits, who in your esteemed world, is not a dipshit?

Seems like everyone and everything in the known universe is a dipshit, does this include you?

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    ^ if Elon, BTC, everyone on this board, all media, any report etc are all dipshits, who in your esteemed world, is not a dipshit?

Seems like everyone and everything in the known universe is a dipshit, does this include you?
    I understand for a dude who thinks a dream life is jerking off in a van and showering with the village people is living his best life facts are an inconvenience, but elons cuck board set a 25% borrowing threshold.

hey, don’t you have widows to fleece? Or it orphan week?

Please illuminate us on what you consider solid, non dipshit people etc. Does not seem you have anything to add to any topic. You sound like a coward.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Is that his PERSONAL tax bill or Tesla/Space-X/etc's tax bill? I'd wager is personal effective tax rate is below mine..
    That’s his personal tax bill for exercising option which are taxed as income. So for 2021 his effective tax rate on Income will be much higher than yours. However, this amounts to roughly 3% of his total net worth.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/12/20/...this-year.html

That’s his personal tax bill for exercising option which are taxed as income. So for 2021 his effective tax rate on Income will be much higher than yours. However, this amounts to roughly 3% of his total net worth.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/12/20/...this-year.html
    Wow he needs a better accountant.. Is that just US or global?

So you want him to pay taxes on his enormous wealth but you also want his accountants to use loopholes so he doesn’t pay as much taxes on his enormous wealth?

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Please illuminate us on what you consider solid, non dipshit people etc. Does not seem you have anything to add to any topic. You sound like a coward.
    Uh, I added fact moron. Now shouldn’t you be pumping in the buttcoin thread?

Musk is undoubtedly very smart but what sets him apart from other very smart people is his megalomania and ambition. This is really the same for the other billionaires, lust for power and recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Musk is undoubtedly very smart but what sets him apart from other very smart people is his megalomania and ambition. This is really the same for the other billionaires, lust for power and recognition.

Yeah. To be successful in some roles you have to be a bit of a sociopath. Do we need these people? Kinda….
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Yeah. To be successful in some roles you have to be a bit of a sociopath. Do we need these people? Kinda….
    Do we? Putting the spotlight on these people ignores the countless people that enabled these people to achieve their level of “success” and the people like Musk, Bezos, Zuckerberg etc. rarely if ever acknowledge that fact. They may have had a great idea but it’s nothing without the labor and intellect of others. Why do so many people idolize the super rich and fail to realize that they are nothing without us?