Page 235 of 246 FirstFirst ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,875 of 6133
    So in a thread where TRG talked shit about Musk since 2016, xyz now thinks the shit talking is because Musk recently kinda went conservatard? Do we need to explain calendars to him?
    Want taller, better heel risers for your Marker Alpinists? Check this out

28.5 TransAlp Pro boots for sale.

Well, hyper loops have been known to warp time ........

Name:  Image1701735937.960914.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  249.9 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

One of the docs that I work with is putting a Tesla drivetrain in his 69 Camaro SS.

I really canít wrap my head around the demise of Twitter/X.

Iíve written earlier in the thread that I donít ďgetĒ Twitter, never used it, and we had some good responses about its value during ďpeak Twitter.Ē

So, Musk valued it so much that he by most accounts overpaid in cash and took it private. I realize he has money to burn, but he probably has lost 25 to 30% of his net worth and worst of all, as someone who really valued this platform, heís run it into the ground truly compromising whatever value it had.

I canít believe that he saw this coming. I canít believe itís intentional. It seems to be such an idiotic mistake. Anyone who has tried to moderate any kind of online discussion knows itís terribly difficult. How did the wealthiest man on the planet fuck this up so badly?

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Mormon? Shouldnít you be calling me an alt right, science denying, nazi by now?
    No
    You're confused, ignorant and brainwashed

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post

Iíve written earlier in the thread that I donít ďgetĒ Twitter, never used it, and we had some good responses about its value during ďpeak Twitter.Ē

So, Musk valued it so much that he by most accounts overpaid in cash and took it private. I realize he has money to burn, but he probably has lost 25 to 30% of his net worth and worst of all, as someone who really valued this platform, heís run it into the ground truly compromising whatever value it had.

I canít believe that he saw this coming. I canít believe itís intentional. It seems to be such an idiotic mistake. Anyone who has tried to moderate any kind of online discussion knows itís terribly difficult. How did the wealthiest man on the planet fuck this up so badly?
    Heís just exposing the narrative, itís genius actually if you think about it

Elon does not accept any responsibility for the demise of Twitter. Listen to the Dealbook interview: he blames the advertisers for pulling out and says that "Earth" will judge them for killing Twitter.

It's actually a good listen after he stops talking about Twitter. On that topic he's clearly lost his mind, but flashes of the genius that helped make SpaceX and Tesla household names appear later on. Elon needs a Pepper Potts to intervene when he tries to use his phone.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I really can’t wrap my head around the demise of Twitter/X.

I’ve written earlier in the thread that I don’t “get” Twitter, never used it, and we had some good responses about its value during “peak Twitter.”

So, Musk valued it so much that he by most accounts overpaid in cash and took it private. I realize he has money to burn, but he probably has lost 25 to 30% of his net worth and worst of all, as someone who really valued this platform, he’s run it into the ground truly compromising whatever value it had.

I can’t believe that he saw this coming. I can’t believe it’s intentional. It seems to be such an idiotic mistake. Anyone who has tried to moderate any kind of online discussion knows it’s terribly difficult. How did the wealthiest man on the planet fuck this up so badly?
    Ill break it down again. musk is worth somewhere between 200-250 billion. He paid 44billion for twitter (not cash, partially financed, but lets say cash).

Now lets say he runs twitter into the ground and loses all 44billion. He still has around 200 billion.

Now lets say that his antics make him a social and business pariah to the extent that he loses 99.9% of his wealth. he still has 200 million.

The level of fuckyou money he has is difficult to comprehend and allows him to do and say the things he does. So he doesnt operate by the same logic normal people do- he operates in a mostly consequence free space where everyone usually says "yes" and anyone who doesnt is the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Ill break it down again. musk is worth somewhere between 200-250 billion. He paid 44billion for twitter (not cash, partially financed, but lets say cash).

Now lets say he runs twitter into the ground and loses all 44billion. He still has around 200 billion.

Now lets say that his antics make him a social and business pariah to the extent that he loses 99.9% of his wealth. he still has 200 million.

The level of fuckyou money he has is difficult to comprehend and allows him to do and say the things he does. So he doesnt operate by the same logic normal people do- he operates in a mostly consequence free space where everyone usually says "yes" and anyone who doesnt is the enemy.
    Tl/dr: heís a wealthy narcissist

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Tl/dr: he’s a wealthy narcissist

In his mind, he doesnt understand why the people of earth dont revere him like DPRK reveres kim jong un. I dont think anyone would be surprised if he takes a bond-villain turn.

So many billionaires have fuck you money.

Most don’t say fuck you. Literally. Out loud.

I like that musky musk. Go fuck yourself.
    . . .

The concept of "never fuck crazy" would seem to apply here, and yet ....... how many progeny does Elbert have?? And do they have any kind of sane relationship with him??

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    I usually argue for 90%, but with recent interviews I'm inclined to go for 99%.

See signature if any questions.
    ďThe best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.Ē

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    The concept of "never fuck crazy" would seem to apply here, and yet ....... how many progeny does Elbert have?? And do they have any kind of sane relationship with him??
    can crazy fuck crazy? Does that cancel out? Grimes is pretty nutty too. What was her divorce settlement/alimony?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

This shit is the reason why Trump won: most of his fans didn’t realize he actually was saying ‘Fuck You’ to THEM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    This shit is the reason why Trump won: most of his fans didn’t realize he actually was saying ‘Fuck You’ to THEM.
    That’s the ultimate fuck you.
    You being the citizen.

But yeah. Trump is a marketing genius. Dumb otherwise. But he tapped into the fuck the government and fuck politicians vibe.
    . . .

That’s the ultimate fuck you.
    You being the citizen.

But yeah. Trump is a marketing genius. Dumb otherwise. But he tapped into the fuck the government and fuck politicians vibe.
    ... unless HE'S the govmint/poltickler.

Ultimately, the enablers (rich and poor , smart and stupid ) will be the death of us all because ...... arrogant asses.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    can crazy fuck crazy? Does that cancel out? Grimes is pretty nutty too. What was her divorce settlement/alimony?
    dumbfuck your sociopath was part owner of a sexclub. Fellatting wealthy narcissists makes you a fluffer.

dunfree, the guy who hates the trans community

Look at the Delaware trial transcripts, the trial that forced him to settle. Heís s dipshit

Wow, you got the Neuralink already? You know pretty much all the fuck you money comes from you the taxpayer right? Fuckin' libertarians..... Go fuck yourself.
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    Wow, you got the Neuralink already? You know pretty much all the fuck you money comes from you the taxpayer right? Fuckin' libertarians..... Go fuck yourself.
    Pretty much all fuck you money comes from the masses, whether they pay taxes or not. I donít quite understand the social psychology that makes us tolerate that, or even admire it.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Tl/dr: he’s a wealthy narcissist

Yeah, it's nothing unique. He is high on his own supply and infuriated that others don't worship the ground he walks on. He's mad he's not beloved and thinks he's edgy and cool.

Like many rich people, he largely believes he's infallible and actively overcorrects on any perceived insults/slights as he's so damn insecure. If you looked closely, this is who he always was, it's just the edges were blunted by those around him (such gf/wife, other management etc.). As this has gone on, he's clearly gone to the "yes men only" plan and all of them are making bank smiling and nodding at his bullshit.

Wait til he gets older and less sharp - that could get even more interesting