Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2296
  1. #2076
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,833

    Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

    Raising the bar:

    @elonmusk

    Jul 21
    Next year’s
    @Hyperloop
    competition will be in a 10km vacuum tunnel with a curve

  2. #2077
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    10,973
    And a hill???

















    Sorry, couldn't resist, I know that is the 2025 challenge.
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  3. #2078
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Nice that Elon is using the young innovators to push tech in this area
    It's a scam. The young idiots provide free engineering to Elon, Elon does fuckall for them. Dumbshits like 4matic suck Elon's dick for work Elon never did.

  4. #2079
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,129
    You guise may not believe me but a few weeks ago I flew 2,000 miles in a few hours for a weekend & came back early Monday. Spent the weekend on the other side of North America & didn't miss a day in the office. Safe, inexpensive & robust network schedules.

    Unreal!

    Name:  jets.JPG
Views: 233
Size:  38.1 KB

  5. #2080
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,833
    Was cool to watch

  6. #2081
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    2 hours from anything
    Posts
    7,977
    Obviously fake, because Elon's a con and the earth is flat. duh

  7. #2082
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,337
    Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Obviously fake, because Elon's a con and the earth is flat. duh
    Not only is he a con, but he's an immigrant trying to convert us to the metric system.

  8. #2083
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,970
    One year ago Musk said he was going to take Tesla private at $420 a share.

    Here it is a year later still public but at $228/share.

  9. #2084
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,129
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    One year ago Musk said he was going to take Tesla private at $420 a share.

    Here it is a year later still public but at $228/share.
    Get with the times man, corporate malfeasance is ok if you dazzle people with pretty colors in the sky.

  10. #2085
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,833
    China Factory looking good:


    Tesla could open its Chinese factory sooner than expected, Morgan Stanley analysts told clients on Wednesday.

    "Our China team just returned from a visit of local Chinese suppliers with some fresh feedback on Tesla's progress with its currently under-construction Gigafactory 3 in Shanghai," the team said in a research note. "If they're right, Tesla may be able to ramp China production faster than we have currently anticipated in our model."
    Last edited by 4matic; 08-07-2019 at 09:37 PM.

  11. #2086
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,833
    Motortrend Ultimate Car of The Year 2019. Tesla Model S

    https://www.motortrend.com/news/2013...r-of-the-year/

  12. #2087
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,129

  13. #2088
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,970
    lol, it's great TSLA can funnel US subsidys into china tax sooner

    bizspeak and techspeak cosplay for upper class assholes. Oh, like that dumbshit pattern matching assclown 4matic who thinks I'm spook.

    Elon is a fucking con. There's a SEC document where he says he is. Like I said before, it's trump for assclown liberals. So fuck you.

  14. #2089
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    seatown
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Raising the bar:

    @elonmusk

    Jul 21
    Next year’s
    @Hyperloop
    competition will be in a 10km vacuum tunnel with a curve
    my dad is convinced that the best way to get to mars is a hyperloop of sorts, built on a track with the right ramp and good planning.

    he was drunk both times he explained the science and scientific i am not, but for some reason i like it. i want elon to be the real knievel.

  15. #2090
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,076
    Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    my dad is convinced that the best way to get to mars is a hyperloop of sorts, built on a track with the right ramp and good planning.

    he was drunk both times he explained the science and scientific i am not, but for some reason i like it. i want elon to be the real knievel.
    I mean its doable I guess. Just not so healthy for the meatbags attached.

    This guy hit 46 g's though. So maybe you just need a good support harness
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Stapp

  16. #2091
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    16,592
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    lol, it's great TSLA can funnel US subsidys into china tax sooner

    bizspeak and techspeak cosplay for upper class assholes. Oh, like that dumbshit pattern matching assclown 4matic who thinks I'm spook.

    Elon is a fucking con. There's a SEC document where he says he is. Like I said before, it's trump for assclown liberals. So fuck you.
    you're not spook?

  17. #2092
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    36,409
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    China Factory looking good:


    Tesla could open its Chinese factory sooner than expected, Morgan Stanley analysts told clients on Wednesday.

    "Our China team just returned from a visit of local Chinese suppliers with some fresh feedback on Tesla's progress with its currently under-construction Gigafactory 3 in Shanghai," the team said in a research note. "If they're right, Tesla may be able to ramp China production faster than we have currently anticipated in our model."
    Brilliant! Just in time for even more tariffs and the Chinese credit implosion that will drag the world into deep recession. Musk is a genius.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  18. #2093
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    2 hours from anything
    Posts
    7,977
    I think that plant will build cars for the Asia market, not the US. So tariffs are irrelevant but the potential recession is relevant.

  19. #2094
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,337
    China is embracing the electric car market.

    People, like some here, are just worried about their personal returns and not the big picture of vehicles getting the equivalent of 100+ mpg.

  20. #2095
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    36,409
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    China is embracing the electric car market.

    People, like some here, are just worried about their personal returns and not the big picture of vehicles getting the equivalent of 100+ mpg.
    Well, they certainly don't seem to care about the quality of air in so many places with so many coal fired plants running hard to charge the things. But then again, give us a few more years of this EPA, and they'll be choking up junk in many places in America soon, but Iron Man will be so proud that more of his upper class toys will be on the road, as he prepares for his escape to Mars.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  21. #2096
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,129
    China focused on EVs because they lack domestic energy supplies. It's geopolitical statecraft; they dgaf about the environment.

  22. #2097
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    36,409
    Yeah, but, the war they start will be over water. Then oil.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  23. #2098
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,129
    They can't even control the South China Sea. Much less dominate Japan or India. They're a regional power boxed in by rivals.

  24. #2099
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    China focused on EVs because they lack domestic energy supplies. It's geopolitical statecraft; they dgaf about the environment.
    it's also easier for your nascent industry to leapfrog rivals with "disruptive" technology - and China is about owning industrial production & design

    the china factory is there because it can prolong the growth narrative with the least potential outside oversight. elon can post fraudulent pictures and status updates and nobody is there to say it's bullshit. narrative control is key to the tesla "story" which is key to the tesla stock price and the stock price is the only thing that matters.

  25. #2100
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    18,388
    This thread is kind of a bummer.

    China's gonna bomb us for the Great Lakes?
    I still call it The Jake.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •