Page 79 of 92 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2296
    ^^must see tv

Yes indeed, vegan "meat" is a trendy niche. The game changes, though, when it gets significantly cheaper than hormone and antibiotic-laden Real Beef. You don't think that's possible? Okay, yeah, I see your point, seeing as how pea protein is super expensive, as they need to spend a year or two herding it around and feeding it bales of alfalfa... oh wait, actually, growing peas and beets and vegetable oil turns out to be simpler than that. Also, most beef consumed isn't exactly gourmet grade; slather it up with condiments, and all sorts of people who aren't vegan hipsters will like it fine if it's a bit cheaper than the trad product. Oh right, I forgot, ongoing marketing expenses, woo woo scary scary, no way they'll ever be able be able to make money selling 100-gram-or-so lumps of compressed plant ingredients if they need to run promotions once in a while. So yeah, definitely go ahead and short it!

Vegetable oil isn't grown as much as hydrocracked like diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Yes indeed, vegan "meat" is a trendy niche. The game changes, though, when it gets significantly cheaper than hormone and antibiotic-laden Real Beef. You don't think that's possible? Okay, yeah, I see your point, seeing as how pea protein is super expensive, as they need to spend a year or two herding it around and feeding it bales of alfalfa... oh wait, actually, growing peas and beets and vegetable oil turns out to be simpler than that. Also, most beef consumed isn't exactly gourmet grade; slather it up with condiments, and all sorts of people who aren't vegan hipsters will like it fine if it's a bit cheaper than the trad product. Oh right, I forgot, ongoing marketing expenses, woo woo scary scary, no way they'll ever be able be able to make money selling 100-gram-or-so lumps of compressed plant ingredients if they need to run promotions once in a while. So yeah, definitely go ahead and short it!
    shit meat is half the price of beyond burgers regularly near me. it's as low as $1/lb on deep sale. good meat - organic, local, hormone free is the same price ~$6/lb. Now - if Beyond wants to only sell to middle class bay area dickbags they've got you locked up - but that's not volume.

look - I get you don't seem to understand what marketing is in consumer food retail. It's promotions, shelf space, advertisements. None of this shit matters to TGR-douches, but it matters to the bottom line. More broadly - it's paying a sales rep to bust his fucking his ass to get shit in the store and keep it in the store. Once you've got volume check to make sure it looks good, it is good. For a non-meat, but still yuppie brand - Chobani. The reps check to make sure shits ok regularly. It's hard work and people bust their asses.
    Last edited by dunfree ; 05-07-2019 at 09:58 PM.

haaaaaven't you heaaarrrrd, being a dickbagz cool

Name:  nikkkola.png
Views: 240
Size:  741.4 KB

The Tesla site has fairly cheap solar panels, just under $3 a watt installed. But I'm still not seeing the crazy cheap prices (a few said $2 a watt). Given the risk they go out of business and that warranty becomes worthless, the savings doesn't really seem worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    shit meat is half the price of beyond burgers regularly near me. it's as low as $1/lb on deep sale. good meat - organic, local, hormone free is the same price ~$6/lb. Now - if Beyond wants to only sell to middle class bay area dickbags they've got you locked up - but that's not volume.

look - I get you don't seem to understand what marketing is in consumer food retail. It's promotions, shelf space, advertisements. None of this shit matters to TGR-douches, but it matters to the bottom line. More broadly - it's paying a sales rep to bust his fucking his ass to get shit in the store and keep it in the store. Once you've got volume check to make sure it looks good, it is good. For a non-meat, but still yuppie brand - Chobani. The reps check to make sure shits ok regularly. It's hard work and people bust their asses.

Dunfree, you work as a checker or something? Night shift stocker? You seem to be in the grocery biz, or maybe the investment biz?

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    haaaaaven't you heaaarrrrd, being a dickbagz cool
    Most people on TGR dress the same, own the same 3 cars or trucks, have a hunting dog, too many skis, loves grilling, has the exact same tires on their trucks, an acoustic guitar in the corner of their living room, listen to the same music, and are dickheads too.

Loveable dickheads for the most part, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Huh, I presumed those burgers are healthy. They have a shitload of salt! And twice the price of beef. I didn’t realize it’s marketed to save the planet for rich people....those .fucking Tesla owners!!!
    Yeah try being on a low sodium/low fat/low cholesterol diet and finding things to eat other than plain rabbit food. A couple of days a week when I'm on the road working I end up not eating for 8 hours or more because I can't carve out enough time to stop and eat an outrageously overpriced salad because you can't eat that shit while driving. I end up eating a couple of Honey Stinger waffles to get by.

Interesting breakdown of the "veggie" burger. Local chain supermarket supposably has sausage in stock, I should grab some to bring to Killington tomorrow and put them to the Mag review.

womenshealthmag beyond-meat-burger-ingredients/
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Most people on TGR dress the same, own the same 3 cars or trucks, have a hunting dog, too many skis, loves grilling, has the exact same tires on their trucks, an acoustic guitar in the corner of their living room, listen to the same music, and are dickheads too.
    Yeti (as in the cooler company) dads.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Yeah try being on a low sodium/low fat/low cholesterol diet and finding things to eat other than plain rabbit food. A couple of days a week when I'm on the road working I end up not eating for 8 hours or more because I can't carve out enough time to stop and eat an outrageously overpriced salad because you can't eat that shit while driving. I end up eating a couple of Honey Stinger waffles to get by.
    Yeah, I fell ya, my mom has had heart issues and been living with us for a bit, I was kinda shocked looking for food for her. Worst thing I've found so far is frozen pizza. A big bag of Ruffles has less salt, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Interesting breakdown of the "veggie" burger. Local chain supermarket supposably has sausage in stock, I should grab some to bring to Killington tomorrow and put them to the Mag review.

womenshealthmag beyond-meat-burger-ingredients/
    They didn't even mention the high amount of salt in them. Maybe nobody cares about salt except people over 50, who are starting to eat healthy so they can live longer, and have the income to afford these burgers besides bay area bros.

Yeti (as in the cooler company) dads.
    Ha, somewhat accurate, and that's fine ( I have the generic version, I must be #GenericDad).

And if they post on Instagram 'getting after it', they are #raddads
    Last edited by muted; 05-10-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Good times

musk-lawsuit

(Reuters) - A U.S. judge on Friday said Elon Musk must face a defamation lawsuit by a British diver who said he was falsely branded a pedophile and child rapist by the chief executive of electric car company Tesla Inc.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Yeah, I fell ya, my mom has had heart issues and been living with us for a bit, I was kinda shocked looking for food for her. Worst thing I've found so far is frozen pizza. A big bag of Ruffles has less salt, ha.

They didn't even mention the high amount of salt in them. Maybe nobody cares about salt except people over 50, who are starting to eat healthy so they can live longer, and have the income to afford these burgers besides bay area bros.
    Even bread is difficult. I mean, I get it, the main ingredients in dough are flour salt and yeast but it makes having something as simple as a sandwich challenging. Whole Foods makes sodium free bread but it ain't cheap and you usually have to order it two days ahead of when you want to pick it up. I'm really starting to miss cold cuts...

Just drink more beer, it dilutes the salt.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2019/05...a-crash/?amp=1

Since late 2016, Tesla vehicles have shipped with a second-generation Autopilot system that Tesla developed in-house. By the time of Banner's death, Tesla's engineers had had more than two years to improve the system and avoid a repeat of the situation that led to Brown's death.

Adaptive cruise control systems like Autopilot traditionally rely mostly on radar to avoid running into other vehicles on the road. Because radar can detect Doppler shifts, it is good at detecting moving objects. But it is not good at recognizing stationary objects (or objects, like a truck crossing the road, that are not moving in the car's direction of travel). Radar systems lack the angular resolution to distinguish a truck crossing the road from a large street sign suspended over the road, so they tend to simply ignore stationary objects. That has led to Tesla cars (and cars from other manufacturers) plowing into parked cars and concrete barriers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Just drink more beer, it dilutes the salt.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Bigger worry is the possible substantiation of the whistleblower claims that tesla's reselling returned vehicles as "new".

Bigger worry is the possible substantiation of the whistleblower claims that tesla's reselling returned vehicles as "new".
    And vehicles with accident reports on CarFax as "new".

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    And vehicles with accident reports on CarFax as "new".
    yes. weirdest thing about TSLA is for a "premium" brand there's all kinds of weird shit that people just don't fucking tolerate from existing brands. Which imo shows the power of the product & brand, and just how shitty the current execution is.

Without a doubt my favorite odd case of TSLA service is the one where they wouldn't accept payment from a buyer of a M3 (but delivered the car). There is truly some weird stuff that goes down between TSLA & its consumers, many of them being blatantly illegal and/or unethical. Their reputation in Scandinavia has fallen off a cliff, Europe not far behind, China boycotting team-USA, and loads of shenanigans state-side. I suppose we'll find out what happens when an insolvent firm is prohibited from filing for bankruptcy by unethical & desperate leadership. A complete Gong Show for anyone with open ears.

Shorts must be doing ok.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 8.34.57 AM.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	283265
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

I'm still baffled that they haven't replaced Musk yet as CEO! There's no reason that he can't still be the "ideas guy," but they obviously need a more nuts and bolts guy to get in there and whip that place into shape if they're going to survive. It's frustrating to see because so many of us REALLY love the product, but I'm not so sure how viable they can be with all the odd things going on over there.

Even if they don't replace Musk, how is it that the board has not DEMANDED he surrender his Twitter account FFS!!! That alone would give the stock a hudge boost. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Shorts must be doing ok.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 8.34.57 AM.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	283265
    Hit my short target yesterday...
    [quote][//quote]