Page 78 of 92 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2296
  1. #1926
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    46,934
    Now you can burn coal in cars.

  2. #1927
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Don't forget all the electricity to charge the millions of EVs in the road. "No fucking way you're putting a nuclear reactor in my hood, bro."
    you and fred are a dream team.

    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Now you can burn coal in cars.
    Technically my car is powered by coal, that's how most electricity is generated in Utah. Puts those wimpy diesel trucks to shame. I'm a real man who rolls REAL coal every day, diesel owners are sissys.

  3. #1928
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Now you can burn coal in cars.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  4. #1929
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    But let's ignore that and focus investment on insolvent battery companies.
    Oh but that it were just batterys. Or electric cars. No, we're malinvesting in Tesla creating body shops, service centers, service vehicles, delivery truck lines & collision insurance. Because somehow the existing people just don't know as much as Silicon Valley.

    Nice side benefit is we can watch muted shit on benny and root for injurys in TGR bumfights 2019.
    Last edited by dunfree ; 05-03-2019 at 06:49 PM.

  5. #1930
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    36,252
    Hey, so, who in this thread owns a Tesla?

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  6. #1931
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Hey, so, who in this thread owns a Tesla?
    .................

  7. #1932
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,835
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D4B675B-684E-4EAD-B29F-AA03322B3070.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	559.9 KB 
ID:	281286

  8. #1933
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    1,698
    so the economy is destine to crash when all the 1% and 10% decide to stop dumping all their money into scams like tesla, ride sharing companies that don't make any money, and fake meat that probably has nasty side effects we don't know of yet (like men growing a vagina)

    since the banking, insurance, and investing was all deregulated, a massive hurricain on the east coast, another somewhere in the gulf coast, and a massive earthquake on the west coast all within a few months of each other will bankrupt the insurance industry which is now run and being bled dry by the banking industry, the goverment will need to bail them out, but we are already trillions in debt

    meanwhile at the same time people will relize that these tech companies who produce or make nothing tangible are really worth nothing more than a pile of dog shit, tech bubble bust #2

    finally the millenials will call out the boomers out on their life long selfish yuppie pursuit of the free market and making themselves rich and comfortable while 60% of the population is one step away from bankruptcy

    but hey I have a tesla and I'm cool, my hands are soft, my dick is alot like a pussy, and I know my way around an app, but couldn't dig a hole in the ground if I tried

    get ready it's coming and it'll be better than 2008

  9. #1934
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,312
    This thread

  10. #1935
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,821
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    get ready it's coming and it'll be better than 2008
    What risks do you see? Globally I would say oil at $100 and the dollar index over 100 simultaneously could trigger a major slowdown.

    Back on topic. With PGE prices going up and gas already $4 Tesla products are attractive.

  11. #1936
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Hey, so, who in this thread owns a Tesla?
    Name:  2JH5.gif
Views: 212
Size:  601.9 KB

  12. #1937
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    What risks do you see? Globally I would say oil at $100 and the dollar index over 100 simultaneously could trigger a major slowdown.

    Back on topic. With PGE prices going up and gas already $4 Tesla products are attractive.
    lots, talk to the average poor person
    insurance costs are skyrocketing but since so much health ins. is paid for by the gov't or an employer people don't notice it
    cost of living with wages lagging
    tech and companies like tesla who are over valued
    gov't debt

  13. #1938
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    36,252
    We had the crash over ten years ago. If you survived it, you are where you are. Unless they think up some new subprime credit scam that can be chopped up into securities and sold to bigger fools, this is it until a catastrophic event, like war or stray asteroid or a game show host elected president. Oh, wait.....

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  14. #1939
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    We had the crash over ten years ago. If you survived it, you are where you are. Unless they think up some new subprime credit scam that can be chopped up into securities and sold to bigger fools, this is it until a catastrophic event, like war or stray asteroid or a game show host elected president. Oh, wait.....
    That's already been done this cycle. Meet the covenant-lite leveraged loan market.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/leve...nt-lite-2019-2

  15. #1940
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    And the Beyond Meat IPO boggles my mind as well.
    Beyond Meat is one of those companies whose R&D and marketing expenses are heavily front-loaded, which is why huge losses aren't at all the right metric for evaluating the company's value. With ingredients like pea protein, it's a no-brainer that they can manufacture their product, almost without doubt ARE manufacturing their product, at a healthy gain versus marginal costs, and at huge volume, their actual costs should approach marginal costs. This is a food niche with the potential to go massively mainstream long-term, and Beyond is one of the two top players. A very speculative kind of stock, but not one that I'd bet against.

  16. #1941
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    36,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    That's already been done this cycle. Meet the covenant-lite leveraged loan market.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/leve...nt-lite-2019-2
    Yeah, but, who's buying that crap?

    08 was based on almost the entire U.S. and a lot of the Euro RE market. That was big, and memories are long.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  17. #1942
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah, but, who's buying that crap?

    08 was based on almost the entire U.S. and a lot of the Euro RE market. That was big, and memories are long.
    Investors starved for yield by domestic QE programs that crowd them out of government debt.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.ae9d750ff686

  18. #1943
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,821
    David Einhorn says musk talks horseshit. Einhorn stock GLRE is down 80% in two years. Talk is cheap.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  19. #1944
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Beyond Meat is one of those companies whose R&D and marketing expenses are heavily front-loaded, which is why huge losses aren't at all the right metric for evaluating the company's value. With ingredients like pea protein, it's a no-brainer that they can manufacture their product, almost without doubt ARE manufacturing their product, at a healthy gain versus marginal costs, and at huge volume, their actual costs should approach marginal costs. This is a food niche with the potential to go massively mainstream long-term, and Beyond is one of the two top players. A very speculative kind of stock, but not one that I'd bet against.
    marketing is not heavily front-loaded for branded consumer food products. It's a continuous expense of a non-trivial nature. no matter how good the food "tech" Beyond's still competing in grocery stores, TarMarts and food service with everyone else and competitions tough. it's a food company.

    much like Tesla. It's a car company. no amount of bullshitting turns it into a software company.

  20. #1945
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,374
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    marketing is not heavily front-loaded for branded consumer food products. It's a continuous expense of a non-trivial nature. no matter how good the food "tech" Beyond's still competing in grocery stores, TarMarts and food service with everyone else and competitions tough. it's a food company.
    Is there anything as tasty as their product in grocery stores that they are competing directly against? If not, they are not simply competing with 'everyone else' in a tough market. And they are one of the first in the market. I'd hate to be the 4,343rd energy drink, but it's different for one of the first non-meat products that (supposedly) tastes good. I wish them luck, if it tastes good I may buy it occasionally.

  21. #1946
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Is there anything as tasty as their product in grocery stores that they are competing directly against? If not, they are not simply competing with 'everyone else' in a tough market.
    Yeah. Meat. In the fake-meat? Impossible Burgers. In the Veggie Burgers? Boca Burgers. Beyond is competing against all those for dinner plate space and shelf space in the store - and that's their bull story - that they will compete well with all of those - not that they are going to be a niche vegan fake-meat sold in granola-y grocery stores. Energy drinks made money stealing market share from soda.

  22. #1947
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,374
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Yeah. Meat.
    Touche

    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    In the fake-meat? Impossible Burgers. In the Veggie Burgers? Boca Burgers. Beyond is competing against all those for dinner plate space and shelf space in the store - and that's their bull story - that they will compete well with all of those - not that they are going to be a niche vegan fake-meat sold in granola-y grocery stores. Energy drinks made money stealing market share from soda.
    So just one major competition then: Impossible burgers. IMO Boca burgers are fucking average tasting and for vegetarians. Beyond burgers are going after people who eat meat too, as you know. They better have good marketing if they can convince millions of Americans people to switch though, ha. Even if their shit better tastes like heaven that will be an uphill battle. Anyways, they probably package themselves as a tech company to get ridiculous investment money. Then somehow pump up the valuation like a tech stock so the C-Suite dinks and all that can make bank on the IPO. Shit is weird.

  23. #1948
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    36,252
    Elon Musk owes $507 million to banks helping Tesla raise capital




    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...m_source=twitt

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  24. #1949
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,374
    Huh, I presumed those burgers are healthy. They have a shitload of salt! And twice the price of beef. I didn’t realize it’s marketed to save the planet for rich people....those .fucking Tesla owners!!!

  25. #1950
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Beyond burgers are going after people who eat meat too, as you know. They better have good marketing if they can convince millions of Americans people to switch though, ha. Even if their shit better tastes like heaven that will be an uphill battle. Anyways, they probably package themselves as a tech company to get ridiculous investment money. Then somehow pump up the valuation like a tech stock so the C-Suite dinks and all that can make bank on the IPO. Shit is weird.
    I don't get the beyond stock valuation - but most everything else ain't bad. beyond seems to be putting money where it matters - in their salesforce. The sales force head is making good money and they've 40 people on the team. And at the retail level sales force matters. A good, free, endcap for a week or two at TarMart can double you annual store sales. Getting the store "team" onboard for channel stuffing can double your return on a promotion weekend. Their product ain't bad (aside from being not that healthy and currentyly expensive). I'm not betting it'll take decent market share, but I'm tired of underestimating the stupidity of the US consumer. Oh, and Cargill has a pea-protein partner

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •