Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico in Flag View Post
    For 2 years+ I've been running a Giant Contact.
    So, 2nd Gen? See my post from a few days ago. Call the Giant store in Vegas and order a replacement cartridge while you still can. They are discontinued and limited stock remains. The cartridge will die eventually and they are not cross-compatible with newer models, so you're only option when that happens will be to buy a whole new post. I think the cartridges are about $50.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    So, 2nd Gen? See my post from a few days ago. Call the Giant store in Vegas and order a replacement cartridge while you still can. They are discontinued and limited stock remains. The cartridge will die eventually and they are not cross-compatible with newer models, so you're only option when that happens will be to buy a whole new post. I think the cartridges are about $50.
    Shit! Thanks for the info!

Received my pnw components cascade dropper today. Didn't bother looking at set up instructions. Super ez set up. I can't imagine it being any easier. It's external cable from the collar and the cable is tightened at the lever so just feed the cable and housing from the post to the lever . Pinch it with the set screw. Barrel adjust at the lever allows you to tighten or loosen the tension perfectly. 2 bolt seat clamp and they're 5mm screws(most are 4mm). Everything was lubed nicely(stanchion/slider and external actuator). Took it for the inaugural ride and it just works. Easy push on the lever. Smooth as. Only thing I'd prefer is a shifter style lever by the one supplied is a nice shape and works well. Shifter style would be better placement for my thumb.They have a 150mm stealth model but this is on my "one" bike(ATM) so it'll be really ez to peal off(2zipties and one screw for the lever and one screw for the seatpost collar on the bike), don't have to take off grips or brake lever or shock. Then I can change to my standard dh seat/seatpost for park or shuttles. At this point, looks and feel seem like a quality product.If the durability is on par with the set up ease, price, and function , I'll definitely consider the 150mm stealth model for my possible scout purchase

Wow, those prices are amazing. Looks like a Lev for about $100 less!
    Although bc.com sold Levs for about$260 last year at one point. How I got mine. Must have been an error.
    The PNW has a nicer looking lever.
    Their (mobile) website seems to lack some important details like weight and other things.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Those of you running Bachelors and Revives... any issues yet? Also, anyone know what the actual weight of the 150/31.6 post without lever?

I hate my Reverb with a passion. It hasn't failed (other than not working in low temps), but it's slow as shit going up, and takes too much force going down. It also sounds like something is grinding in the stroke, but my LBS mechanic took it apart, replaced the seals and brass keys and said nothing's wrong with it.

I want something that is: reactive, light weight, and ultra reliable. I don't have time or desire to spend a few hours on the weekend servicing my dropper every couple months, nor do I want to buy a bunch of special tools for it (looking at you Reverb). I've narrowed my search to the Transfer, Revive, and Bachelor. I'm leaning to the Revive because of how it's been designed ground up for reliability, and it has the easiest system for bleeding air. It's also pretty good weight (around 550 for dropper only). I'm putting a Wolf Tooth remote on whichever I get, so I don't care how good or bad the stock levers on these are.

Wow, those prices are amazing. Looks like a Lev for about $100 less!
    Although bc.com sold Levs for about$260 last year at one point. How I got mine. Must have been an error.
    The PNW has a nicer looking lever.
    Their (mobile) website seems to lack some important details like weight and other things.
    565g for the bachelor. Not the lightest but competitive. I don't see a weight for the cascade and I didn't weigh mine. Felt roughly the same as the turbine it replaced and half the price of the turbine, with the code from smmokan

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    565g for the bachelor. Not the lightest but competitive. I don't see a weight for the cascade and I didn't weigh mine. Felt roughly the same as the turbine it replaced and half the price of the turbine, with the code from smmokan
    Do you know if that's the 30.9 or 31.6? Usually manufacturers pull some BS in listing weights for the narrowest, shortest stroke post model.

A dropper post that requires very little maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Do you know if that's the 30.9 or 31.6? Usually manufacturers pull some BS in listing weights for the narrowest, shortest stroke post model.
    No idea. Just saw it listed. Most likely it's the 30.9 but bachelor only comes in 150mm so shouldn't be too much variation . I have the cascade. Should have weighed before I put the seat on. Dependability is what I'm looking for so I'll updTe if there's any issues.
    I like the clean cable routing with this. The actuator on the collar is at 10 o'clock , so just a nice bend to the guides under the tt and nice bend to the lever. Before it went under the shock and then the bend went up above to bars a bit

Last edited by grinch; 06-24-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Those of you running Bachelors and Revives... any issues yet? Also, anyone know what the actual weight of the 150/31.6 post without lever?

I hate my Reverb with a passion. It hasn't failed (other than not working in low temps), but it's slow as shit going up, and takes too much force going down. It also sounds like something is grinding in the stroke, but my LBS mechanic took it apart, replaced the seals and brass keys and said nothing's wrong with it.

I want something that is: reactive, light weight, and ultra reliable. I don't have time or desire to spend a few hours on the weekend servicing my dropper every couple months, nor do I want to buy a bunch of special tools for it (looking at you Reverb). I've narrowed my search to the Transfer, Revive, and Bachelor. I'm leaning to the Revive because of how it's been designed ground up for reliability, and it has the easiest system for bleeding air. It's also pretty good weight (around 550 for dropper only). I'm putting a Wolf Tooth remote on whichever I get, so I don't care how good or bad the stock levers on these are.
    Been running a Bachelor for about 9 months, consistently, with zero issues. I just put one on my personal bike and s couple demos with no problem there either.

Shoot me a PM and I can hook you up with a nice little discount on PNW stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    No idea. Just saw it listed. Most likely it's the 30.9 but bachelor only comes in 150mm so shouldn't be too much variation . I have the cascade. Should have weighed before I put the seat on. Dependability is what I'm looking for so I'll updTe if there's any issues.
    I like the clean cable routing with this. The actuator on the collar is at 10 o'clock , so just a nice bend to the guides under the tt and nice bend to the lever. Before it went under the shock and then the bend went up above to bars a bit

I see your problem there, you're using a women's saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I see your problem there, you're using a women's saddle.
    Panties don't bunch up. It's nice. Scent of lavender too

Please, everyone, keep buying expensive and unreliable hydraulic/pneumatic posts while the people who invented the damn things in the first place (gravitydropper.com) continue to make mechanical dropper posts that work, don't break, and are serviceable at home with all parts for all generations still available from the manufacturer.

Seriously, I will never understand why people have such an inexhaustible appetite for expensive, unreliable crap when the best solution came out first, remains available today, and is made in America.

Like I said, if you're a cheapskate, you can get one of the Asian TMARS clones off ebay for $80-90. Get the latest version with the push lever (not the stick lever), 110mm drop, and the cable that comes out of a small right-angle box vs. going directly into the post. Mine's going on two seasons and I've literally done nothing to it besides install it and tension the remote cable.

The return on an undamped post is terrifying.
    No longer stuck.

Posts like this ^^^ are why people think you're Creaky Fossil. It's like now you're trying to get us to call for an un-banning! Are you seriously incapable of either a) hitting the lever while seated and standing up or b) getting all the way out of the way?

Terrifying? Come on man. Air springs are for suspension. And even there it's not what anyone should call low maintenance.

Those of you running Bachelors and Revives... any issues yet?
    Running one Revive in our house now for a couple months. Zero issues. One buddy has one too, and zero issues with his. Obviously not big enough sample or block of time to call it scientific.
    Wicked smooth action. Very light effort to drop it down all the way. Snaps back up like a boss. The lever is nice, but designed for iSpec or whatever the fuck Sram uses. So it rides a touch further inboard than ideal. Might try it with a SouthPaw for a while.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Posts like this ^^^ are why people think you're Creaky Fossil. It's like now you're trying to get us to call for an un-banning! Are you seriously incapable of either a) hitting the lever while seated and standing up or b) getting all the way out of the way?

Terrifying? Come on man. Air springs are for suspension. And even there it's not what anyone should call low maintenance.
    When the local Spesh shop needs a sign asking people to ease not hit the return lever on their seatposts because of how they shoot up and go bang, yeah, I think it's pretty fucked up.
    I've done nothing to my Lev.
    I wouldn't really expect to have had to with it being maybe a year old, but it shows no signs of wabble, sag, or anything else. BC.com must have made an error they were selling so cheap.
    Also, I was being a little tongue in cheek.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Running one Revive in our house now for a couple months. Zero issues. One buddy has one too, and zero issues with his. Obviously not big enough sample or block of time to call it scientific.
    Wicked smooth action. Very light effort to drop it down all the way. Snaps back up like a boss. The lever is nice, but designed for iSpec or whatever the fuck Sram uses. So it rides a touch further inboard than ideal. Might try it with a SouthPaw for a while.
    Cool, I'd already ordered one but this helps re-affirm my choice. I've already got a Wolf Tooth lever I'll use with it, so not worried about the stock lever. I would have had them not include one with my order if that was an option, but w/e.

I'm giving my rockshox reverb to a sweaty arse fat ginger kid. I'm sick of the thing fucking up.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Update: after nearly three years of use, the actuator cable on my $80 ebay TMARS Gravity Dropper clone finally broke, right where it comes out of the handlebar lever. 5 minute repair and it's back in business. How's your expensive dropper post doing?

Bonus: price is down to the low $70s now because someone's finally stocking them in America instead of shipping them from Israel. Search Ebay for "TMARS 419S" and you'll find both the correct version of the seatpost (there are older versions that aren't as good) and the bushing/maintenance parts kit.

Or support the original Made In America http://www.gravitydropper.com if you're not a cheapskate.

Took a fall over the weekend that pulled a number on my Bontrager Drop Line. The stanchion/post is stuck all the way down. My first thought was that maybe the air cartridge was damaged, so I took the whole thing apart. After cleaning and reassembling, the stanchion still won't release - I'm thinking maybe it is slightly bent.

Does anybody have recommendations on where to find a replacement stanchion, or thoughts on how to troubleshoot the issue with more confidence? Would it be cheaper to just replace with a new dropper? I'd prefer not spending $400...

I've had my Revive for over a year now (about 1000 miles). So far the only maintenance consisted of replacing the dropper cable (apparently I got enough water down the housing that it rusted in place at one point midwinter), and did the lower service after a year. I didn't *need* to do the service, but it was becoming fractionally slower than when it was brand new. Lower service consisted of watching their Youtube video, 30 minutes, and half a beer. I didn't even have to release the air. Feels like new now.

Had my Revive for just over a year now. Have released the air exactly one time so far. Only other issue is the seat seemed to turn on me. Emailed Bikeyoke, and they replied within a couple hours on a weekend saying that the top of the post can unscrew - just twist/tighten it down and then re-position the post in the seat tube if necessary. No issues since, post has been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Took a fall over the weekend that pulled a number on my Bontrager Drop Line. The stanchion/post is stuck all the way down...

Does anybody have recommendations on where to find a replacement stanchion, or thoughts on how to troubleshoot the issue with more confidence?
    I don't know whether they have Bontrager parts, but I purchase new parts for my KS supernatural from eBay, but I was originally looking at Universal Cycles. There seems to be a few places online. For me, it was finding online help in the form of tutorials as KS was unwilling to help. I don't fault them for this. I probably would do the same thing if I were in their shoes.

Seth

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

FWIW - most of the issues I've seen and experienced with the Reverbs had to do with that button remote leaking slowly (or quickly) over time. The paddle remote has been rock solid and I haven't had to do a single bleed on it after a few thousand miles. They should just retire the button remotes altogether. Paddle is way better to use anyway, especially if you don't have a front derailleur.

Anyone tried the Wolf Tooth cable remote for Reverb? Wondering if that will help with my wife's post or if I should just replace the whole thing with a PNW. Not really interested in installing another hydraulic remote.