Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Bump... because fuck Fox. I've now had to send back FIVE of the new Transfer dropper posts out of 15 I've had on my demo bikes. They ALL shit the bed (seals broke) within the first few rides. Sure, the others are flawless... but a 33% failure rate? Jesus.

I thought you'd switched to the PNW posts. Comparison?
    However many are in a shit ton.

A dropper post that requires very little maintenance

Just had my first issue with a 2yo lev integra. Hoping it's just an air pressure thing because it's kind of spongy. Of course I've done absolutely nothing to it over those two years, so it could be user error...
    Last edited by milestogo; 04-23-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I thought you'd switched to the PNW posts. Comparison?
    I've got one of the PNW posts.... I would have purchased them for all of my bikes, but unfortunately (as of now) they only offer them in 150mm travel, which I can't run on my medium and small bikes due to insertion length and height for smaller riders. The one I have on my HD3 is awesome; I've run it non-stop for the last 6-8 months in temps down to about 25* and I haven't had a single issue with it. I'm not a huge fan of the lever, but it works fine and that can be changed easily.

If they sell a shorter travel option in the near future, I'll definitely go with them for all of my demo bikes.

A dropper post that requires very little maintenance

I ditched the Reverbs on both my bikes and got a Fox Transfer and a RF Turbine dropper. So far the RF only comes back up a few inches which drives me nuts bc it's suppose to be the reliable one.

The Fox works great but it's only been a few rides.

One day I'll find a reliable dropper.

Make sure the seatpost clamp isn't over-tightened on the bike that has the RF Turbine... not extending all the way is a common symptom.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I ditched the Reverbs on both my bikes and got a Fox Transfer and a RF Turbine dropper. So far the RF only comes back up a few inches which drives me nuts bc it's suppose to be the reliable one.

The Fox works great but it's only been a few rides.

One day I'll find a reliable dropper.
    Have you checked air pressure on the Turbine?

I've got a transX dropper on my Specialized Fuse, granted it came stock, but about 200 miles later and she drops n locks like a champ.

The old "insertion length" problem. +++vibes+++

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Have you checked air pressure on the Turbine?
    I did, thanks for the tip. It was a little low and I put it up to 50 psi. Now it returns all the way extremely fast. It was up to the right pressure when I installed it so I hope it's not leaking air.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Bump... because fuck Fox. I've now had to send back FIVE of the new Transfer dropper posts out of 15 I've had on my demo bikes. They ALL shit the bed (seals broke) within the first few rides. Sure, the others are flawless... but a 33% failure rate? Jesus.
    Whaaaaaa..... I absolutely love mine. Hope I don't get issues.

How easy has fox been to deal with?
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I've got one of the PNW posts.... I would have purchased them for all of my bikes, but unfortunately (as of now) they only offer them in 150mm travel, which I can't run on my medium and small bikes due to insertion length and height for smaller riders. The one I have on my HD3 is awesome; I've run it non-stop for the last 6-8 months in temps down to about 25* and I haven't had a single issue with it. I'm not a huge fan of the lever, but it works fine and that can be changed easily.

If they sell a shorter travel option in the near future, I'll definitely go with them for all of my demo bikes.
    The just came out with the Cascade Model....125mm travel with a 406mm length? Mid-Tube cable mount.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Whaaaaaa..... I absolutely love mine. Hope I don't get issues.

How easy has fox been to deal with?
    My first one failed and Fox was very easy to deal with.

Good to know.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Yep, they're very easy to deal with, and the repaired posts have been great. My only issue is the high number that need work to begin with.... not cool when I've got trips every weekend and I depend on them to actually work.

My guess is the turn-around time has been about 3 weeks IME.

So my Reverb "seat post cap" (for lack of a better term) is loose. It is the lower fixed part of the saddle assembly. My seat has turned into a sit 'n spin. No way to fix, so new one coming via warranty. I finally ordered a regular seatpost to have as a backup. This is getting old.

I think Steve's scenario is the one to watch. Every post seems like a winner when you're just looking at one post. Troll through enough forums and you'll get the constant back and forth between the losers and the winners who either hate or love their post. It's the same way with most online reviews. "We've been using this single post for several months without any problems. Rain, sun, dirt, you name it this single post is the most reliable post we've ever used"
    But put them on a large fleet that requires reliability and you start to see a better perspective of trends.

Would love to hear about whatever goes on his next fleet and how they hold up.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Worn out brass lower guide bushings on my KS LEV? I put a sharpie black line on the shaft so you can see the rotation play.

^Looks like it.

I replaced the roller bushing and the brass pins in mine. It fixed the problem but I royally fucked something up. I have a huge gouge in my stanchion now.

Still works fine...but be careful.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Do you have any idea what you did that would cause the gouge. I have very minor play in mine but probably isnt far from needing new pins.

you all just need to get boyfriends that fix this shit for you

trust me, my stuff works great all the time
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I think Steve's scenario is the one to watch. Every post seems like a winner when you're just looking at one post. Troll through enough forums and you'll get the constant back and forth between the losers and the winners who either hate or love their post. It's the same way with most online reviews. "We've been using this single post for several months without any problems. Rain, sun, dirt, you name it this single post is the most reliable post we've ever used"
    But put them on a large fleet that requires reliability and you start to see a better perspective of trends.

Would love to hear about whatever goes on his next fleet and how they hold up.
    So far so good (knock on wood) with the V2 Reverbs that are on all of my BMCs... but knowing the reputation, I'm sure something will come up soon.

Next year all of my Ibis demos will have PNW droppers on them. I've got a few running on my bikes this year and I've been impressed so far. Plus, with the size of the company, it's super easy to contact them for anything that comes up (I had a customer eat shit and bend one of the levers, and I got a replacement within two days).

Are we bitching about broken droppers? Good, because my freshly re-built Race Face dropper is leaking air. I swear I'm cursed with dropper seat posts.

Are we bitching about broken droppers? Good, because my freshly re-built Race Face dropper is leaking air. I swear I'm cursed with dropper seat posts.
    Mine also. PITA removing the seat to top it up. Why wouldn't they make the air valve more accessible is anyone's guess

Must be the Hightowers

My static post is due in any day now. I just wish I didn't like the dropper so damn much! I'd just run the static all the time. Keep it simple and save some weight too.