Free: DT Swiss E540 Wheelset (pick up or +ship)

I've been keeping these around as a set of spares after upgrading my wheels to Stan's. Finally coming around to the realization that my shoebox in San Francisco simply isn't big enough for me to keep things that I don't really need.

Wheels have been well used with typical dings and scratches but have tons of life left. Hubs spin smoothly and no broken spokes. QR front and back and not sure if the front hub can be converted to anything else.

I'm sure someone on here needs a pair of beater wheels more than me, so offering these up for free. Either pick up in San Francisco, meet up for a ride around the bay area, or pay for shipping costs (preferably somewhere in the US).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1288.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	182727

are they DT hubs too? (swapable to almost any other wheel size)

I dont need the wheels, and too much money to ship, but if you wanted to ship hubs only (and they are DT hubs) I'd be happy to pay for that and beer.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post

I dont need the wheels, and too much money to ship, but if you wanted to ship hubs only (and they are DT hubs) I'd be happy to pay for that and beer.
    I could Possibly pick up and arrange a handoff for those dynastars

Whats the internal width of the hoops?

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post

Yup, DT hubs too. I don't think I want to take the wheels apart (I'd be stuck with rims that I don't need that would probably then go to the landfill), but if we could work something out with abraham, I'm all ears. PM me?

Quote Originally Posted by zlatham View Post
    Whats the internal width of the hoops?
    Quick google search says 28mm rims.

ya, I dont need the rims at all, If you are willing to cut spokes, and ship hubs only, great. I would also prefer if you sell/give them away locally, as a full unit.

But if that doesn't work, let me knwo?

Enzo,

My 12-year-old would love some decent wheels to replace the twisted wreckage he's currently riding on. If they aren't already claimed by mntlion or others, I'll take them.

Will provide $ for beer and shipping to Grass Valley. Also, will be in the bay area in about two weeks if that's easier

Quote Originally Posted by zackw View Post
    Enzo,

My 12-year-old would love some decent wheels to replace the twisted wreckage he's currently riding on. If they aren't already claimed by mntlion or others, I'll take them.

Will provide $ for beer and shipping to Grass Valley. Also, will be in the bay area in about two weeks if that's easier
    Still available and sounds like a perfect use for these. PM'ing now.

good home for them!!

Almost thought about taking these, but sounds like zackw's 12 YO is a better home.

enzo, if that doesn't work out, I'll take them off your hands. My old Mavics have corroded spoke nipples and I'd like to replace them, but with an impending bike purchase (next year?), I don't want to put much cash into 26" rims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Chen,

I sent a few PMs this morning, but not sure if they went through. Please let me know if you didn't get them. Shipping probably best, unless your passing through the Sac/Foothills area in the next few weeks. Ben (son) says thank you very much

mntlion and LightRanger thanks for supporting the next generation of maggots :-), I appreciate your generosity