alta plans, new Supreme lift

Just curious concerning the proposed replacement of Alta's Supreme lift. All I have read is they would replace Cecret and Supreme with one HS detachable that will make a turn, ie: Collins angle station.

If this means that when doing labs on Supreme you have to ski all the way back to Alf's to load that sucks. Supreme already has a long run out to reload. All the way back to where CecretCecret c

Oops, All the way back to Cecret would suck. My fear is this will result in lower utilization of Supreme pushing more skiers to Sugarloaf and Collins. Perhaps this includes a midway unloading and loading area to accommodate the beginners that use Cecret currently for the green runs.

Any insight?

Somewhat old news as it looks like the announcement came out this past spring. Construction under way with anticipated completion in November...

http://www.alta.com/blog/the-new-supreme-lift
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

That is really old news

The angle on the new Supreme lift is like the one on the Baldy Ex lift at Snowbird; You are in the air, making a turn. The Collins lift is actually two lifts, each a bottom drive; four bullwheels and two cables independent of each other. The angle station bridges the gap.

So, no, one must go to Alf's to load Supreme. Gonna be weird in a number of ways, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    The angle on the new Supreme lift is like the one on the Baldy Ex lift at Snowbird; You are in the air, making a turn. The Collins lift is actually two lifts, each a bottom drive; four bullwheels and two cables independent of each other. The angle station bridges the gap.

So, no, one must go to Alf's to load Supreme. Gonna be weird in a number of ways, eh?
    sure will make it faster to the top of supreme. Don't know if thats a good or bad thing just yet.

Generally speaking fast lifts means more runs per skier, so more skiers on any run at any given time, so storms get skied out fast.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Generally speaking fast lifts means more runs per skier, so more skiers on any run at any given time, so storms get skied out fast.
    not really "fast" per se, but less rides. if you're at Alf's the ride up cecret was slow, then Supreme was slow. Altas plan is to space the chairs and not run at full speed to control skiers on the hill. Again, TBD if it will work.

Ah, so they plan to install a low speed detachable quad. I've never seen one of those, leave it to Alta.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Makes for long runouts if you're lapping supreme.

Stuck in the Live Music Capital of the World
    I'll be spending even more time in Catherine's

no lift lines, because they have 550 people on the chair.....

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Ah, so they plan to install a low speed detachable quad. I've never seen one of those, leave it to Alta.

Last spring Alta said that with a HS chair they will be better able to control skier density. Supreme has limited terrain and also the issue of having to keep Rock & Roll closed until control work is completed in the East Castle. There will definitely be a need to slow things down on busy days. The wild card is will they do more grooming. Challenger, #9 Express and Upper Sleepy Hollow do not get groomed every day. If they can grooms these runs each day that will help spread people out. They will no longer need to groom the Supreme access cat track that cuts through from Sugarloaf so maybe they use that time on more run grooming. They can groom all the runs they want on Supreme but unfortunately everything feeds into the long run out.
    FWIW at a very moderate speed it takes about 35 seconds to reach the new loading point from where Supreme previously loaded.

I heard they are putting a magic carpet from the old Supreme base to the new one...should speed the commute up on slow snow days...no passing on the carpet!
    Last edited by telefreewasatch; 07-28-2017 at 11:44 AM.

That would set the record for the worlds longest downhill magic carpet

test
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    test
    lol @ the new av, very nice

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    lol @ the new av, very nice
    Thanks! Been trying to figure the profile thing out for a while. This stuff doesn't come easy for a FOG.
    It took help. Maybe I can actually pm now, too?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

thanks TFW, so Alta isnt getting a new Supreme lift then?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    thanks TFW, so Alta isnt getting a new Supreme lift then?
    It's done last season

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app