Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    I was born and raised here. I hate what has happened to Colorado.
    So what you are saying is that you were here the whole time and let this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^not core enough for ya?
    Breakfast buffets were lacking. They don't even have lunch meats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

In 96' skiers weren't allowed in the terrain park at Breck. I got chased by patrol, boarders claimed I was ruining their pipe (which was before they had a pipe-dragon mind you)...so Breck has that stuck in my mind and frankly I have no interest going back. I do have some pretty fond memories night skiing at Keystone and spring days at A-basin. After exploring the state, my go-to is the Telluride/Silverton combo anytime of the year, although it is quite a pain to get to.

You should see that park today. Madone. Surprised they don't have a paraplegic a week come out of that thing. Amazing.

Colorado is cool! Utah sucks! world class terrain well I was just in CO and there is some world class stuff up Deer Creek / Little Alaska, Berthoud pass is fun place to tour. Also RMNP kicks ass. Boulder does have a large yippie population.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You should see that park today. Madone. Surprised they don't have a paraplegic a week come out of that thing. Amazing.
    You sound disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    So what you are saying is that you were here the whole time and let this happen?
    Your totally right, we allowed all of these a##holes into the state. And see what happened.
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

I was born and raised here. I hate what has happened to the Earth.
    fify
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Your totally right, we allowed all of these a##holes into the state. And see what happened.
    Yeah, but I bet your paycheck is bigger now.... Sellout.

I never knew about this hatred- I always views summit county etc as brethren mountain areas -different yet unique and enjoyable in their own ways
    have I been living in a bubble and never realized this skiracism?

Why does everyone hate Summit County / Eagle County and Denver?

I don't really see any hate either. I guess I tune it out? I'm good at tuning out negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Stick to offload ramps bunny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I hate what has happened to Colorado.
    Colorado, it's the new California.

Summit has been a clusterfuck for a long time. But when I get up high, there are shining mountains as far as the eye can see. For that, I'll always love it.
    "The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." - Rancid Crabtree

"never buy anything you can't fuel with a salami sandwich" - XXX-er

Name:  conative.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  61.4 KB

Disregarding the traffic and all of the people there the fact is the skiing in Colorado, especially off I-70, is really not that good. The terrain is mild and what isn't doesn't really fill in until really late in the season. It doesn't snow that much and even when it does it gets blown to Kansas anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hofman View Post
    Disregarding the traffic and all of the people there the fact is the skiing in Colorado, especially off I-70, is really not that good. The terrain is mild and what isn't doesn't really fill in until really late in the season. It doesn't snow that much and even when it does it gets blown to Kansas anyway.
    Kansas really does have the best skiing

Why does everyone hate Summit County / Eagle County and Denver?

The thing I don't get is people complaining about gapers all over Summit or Eagle. You're obviously skiing in the wrong spots. And why does it bother you? Who fucking cares; don't let them bother you.

As for mild skiing...if you can't have fun on places like the East Wall or Lake Chutes, or skiing off a 13er inbounds into Rock Chutes, I don't know what to tell you other than move.

Quote Originally Posted by hofman View Post
    Didn't Loveland record 700 inches in 2011?
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    I never knew about this hatred- I always views summit county etc as brethren mountain areas -different yet unique and enjoyable in their own ways
    have I been living in a bubble and never realized this skiracism?
    First summer on TGR?

Yep, LEast Coasters will ruin anything and everything if you let them.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Didn't Loveland record 700 inches in 2011?
    I had to look! 568" in 10/11. All time is 586"

CO doesn't get as much snow as other places, but it stays good for days after a storm and lasts well into spring. It's consistently mediocre. While other places can have a really good season, or a really bad season where resorts never even open.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    CO doesn't get as much snow as other places, but it stays good for days after a storm and lasts well into spring. It's consistently mediocre. While other places can have a really good season, or a really bad season where resorts never even open.
    Said another way, the bad skiing in Colorado is better than the bad skiing anywhere else. Which is true.

I honestly can't think of one person who lives in the front range or I-70 mountains who's number one priority in deciding where they reside is quality of skiing. Life is a series of compromises and imperfect choices. Hopefully, wherever the fuck you live works for you.

People hate Summit/Eagle/Denver for the same reason they hate Portland (on either coast), or they hate beginners at any activity at which they are not a beginner: stuck up hipster pride and the unfailingly self-centered notion that they were "here first" and somehow have more claim than the rest of the population. "Boo hoo, other people moved to this mountain paradise that I live in, and now there are more people living here than I would prefer," go cry about it in Beijing. People keep fucking, that makes more people, they all gotta live somewhere. So I guess we all stop fucking, or some of you crusty fucks have to stop bitching about other people *gasp* enjoying the same activities / parts of the developed U.S. that you do!

Although in fairness, I70 is pretty bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Said another way, the bad skiing in Colorado is better than the bad skiing anywhere else.
    Where is anywhere else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........