Inflateable SUPs?

Thinking of getting one to mess around on flat or very slowly moving water. Needs to be beginner friendly and suitable for one (if not two) kids on the front.

Prefer idea of inflateable for storage.

Please school me on pros/cons. Any recommendations? Any good review sites?

Read a bunch online but most of its 'manufacturer sales pitch' not 'independent review'.

Ones I'm considering so far are iRocker 11', Tower adventure 2 and isle airtech.
    Why those? Cos a google search popped them up near the top.

Seriously if its not already obvious i know jack shit about these so please help!

We have 2 of the Isle inflatables. The explorer and the touring model. So far a year of heavy use and no issues. Lakes, salt water, rivers. The touring model is a touch thinner and longer. A but quicker and less stable than the explorer. The explorer is more stable. I've caught a ton of fish on it including salmon in the salt. Great company to deal with. I don't struggle to keep up with people on hard boards.

Mrs. LS and I have NRS Earl 4 and 6 SUPs. They seem to work pretty good. We have used them in rivers, lakes and the ocean. They are stable enough to allow our 60lb dogs to ride on them with us, even when crossing boat wakes or dealing with small waves or rapids.

Get a good pump, your arms will thank you. Also, inflate to max recommended pressure unless you're leaving them in the sun, the more rigid the paddle board, the easier it is to balance.

Check out redpaddleboards they use pressures that are twice the others

Good thing about indlatable is you can drop them and no damage
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I have a couple Halas. Hoss BT and a Nass. Both 6" thick and really durable. Very stable. They have more stringers than most too so they are more rigid. Get great reviews. The Hoss can easily fit my dog and some gear and it's wide enough to be very stable. I paddle on really cold water so don't feel like falling in most days.

I've heard the Red board are good too but no experience.

Inflateable SUPs?

Get the biggest (highest weight rating) SUP you can if you are putting dogs/kids on it. No good if they are folding/creasing from too much weight.

Hala Hoss & Straight-Up for the wife here. Love em. Comes with pump for the car and finishing pump and a great bag to carry it all in.

Definitely go with one that's 6" thick, not the thinner ones. They will tend to buckle.

Slingshot makes a really solid one. http://www.slingshotsports.com/2016-...0#.Vzf8PxWDGko

Red uses twice the pressure of other inflatables and battens in the side rails so you don't get sag on a 4" thick board, comes in a piece of nice luggage with wheels if you wana fly it somwhere for vaca

They have a vid on their site where they thro a board off the roof of a building and run over it with a tractor, board is not damaged ...which is a good reason for an inflatable

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    pretty stoked on the dozen days i have on the boardworks mcit bad fish model

definatey an upgrade from the imagine surf green machine which took a hdpe lickin and keeps tickin

in weight ,manuverability, rocker, and about as stabile
    haven't gotton er on the rivers yet but stoked on it as a fishin platform
    kinda wish i'd gone badfisher model but rei didn't carry that model and i wanted the return every item option
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Are there any inflatables made that are practical with lots of volcanic rocks on shore, zero beach landings?

Are there any designed with a hard protective bottom and sides?
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

That would be a hard board and they all get damaged by hitting stuff or getting dropped usually off the roof of the car

Inflatables are made of the same material more or less as a ww raft which gets run over rocks and landed on rocky rivers so pretty tough, if you wana drag it home tied behind your car mebe not so much

Sup is the hands down best way to meet women, that and yoga

Double down and take one of the SUP based yoga classes

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    That would be a hard board and they all get damaged by hitting stuff or getting dropped usually off the roof of the car

Inflatables are made of the same material more or less as a ww raft which gets run over rocks and landed on rocky rivers so pretty tough, if you wana drag it home tied behind your car mebe not so much

Sup is the hands down best way to meet women, that and yoga
    Thanks dude. Yeah, I did not think about it being actual raft material, sweet.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Dog food, vet bills chew toys ... Sup will work out way cheaper AND more fun to paddle