Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    www.startavern.net/ #endofdiscussion

whatever happened to wicked good pizza in ludlow? That place made a decent pie when they first opened.
    nothing good has ever come out of ludlow

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    An abomination. New Haven is a shithole.

Your inner Trump speaking?

My Big Fat Jersey Wedding. Lots of legendary wedding palaces to choose from.

where's the cheese? no self respecting pizza should be seen without cheese.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

There's a couple of decent pizza spots in CT but ehh, nothing all that special. There's no good pizza in VT.

New Yawk is the eye of the pie. Lots of really interpretations as you spiral outwards but...ya know.

Congrats Nate.
    Last edited by FLS; 05-22-2018 at 05:33 PM.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

as I said the early days I recall pies were pretty decent, but they brought that ny attitude along - $75 pie! yeah ok! chiselers!

wicked good was always my parents' go-to. Price was never a consideration for me since they were paying. I thought it was a serviceable pie, certainly nothing I remembered fondly.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    nothing good has ever come out of ludlow
    there's a couple of sound maggots that bring it, year in, year out

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    ouch. if we're talking about that time frame we should touch on Black river brew pub - hangover beer if there ever was. spent many a night zig zagging back over the hill to weston from there.....
    I knew it as South Hill. It was a more dirt than gravel road back in the day. Only paved about 2000 yards out of town and then about a mile (maybe a little more) before the left at the monastery. I've seen shallower whoop-dee-doo's on a sanctioned motorcross track
    Last edited by Gepeto; 05-22-2018 at 05:28 PM.
    ​I am not in your hurry

i moved to new jersey

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    There's a couple of decent pizza spots in CT but ehh, nothing all that special. There's no good pizza in VT.
    Goodman’s American Pie in Ludlow is damn good pizza.
    Veritas in Burlington is also really good. I’m surprised you don’t know this, large one.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I left NJ 22 years ago. Did spend quite a bit of time going back 3-4 times a year, as the company I used to work for was based in Princeton. It's not as bad a state as many who have never been there say it is, and it's not even close to as good as people fool themselves into believing it is either. But it beats Mississippi by a long shot...
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Doesn't get much better than Princeton.

Delorenzo's in Hamilton (formerly Trenton) would get my vote for best bar pie. They have been in business for 80yrs and every time I go back it's as good as I remember. Conte's in Princeton is a close second.

Some decent pie in VT, Verita is very good but overpriced and I prefer Folinos. Hard to beat very good pie and fresh Fiddlehead in the same building.

ive yet to be truly blown away by any ny pie

Quote Originally Posted by nateski View Post
    ive yet to be truly blown away by any ny pie
    You're doing it wrong

Plenty of great pies in NY. For nostalgia NY style, John's on Bleeker is hard to beat. Part of that Lombardi offshoots from back in the day. Patsy's, Grimaldi's (screw that line though) et. al of the same ilk. Roberta's in BK...

I do love a tomato pie from Trenton though.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Speaking of Jerzzz
    RIP to Paulie.

Greenwood Lake - good bass fishing - LOL - what a fuckin' dump as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Speaking of Jerzzz
    RIP to Paulie.
    Sopranos?
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Sopranos?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Yep.
    Ahh, bummer but he was 79 and I imagine had lived a fulfilling and good life.

The NY Times did a great article on him. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/08/a...rico-dead.html
    dirtbag, not a dentist

I think when famous people that we have watched over the years pass is a wake up call to our own mortality and that's what really makes us feel sadness. It's crazy how fast time goes as we age. Meadow (Jamie-Lyn Sigler) is 41 years old now!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Here in Ocean City right now, about to drive up to my dad's in Hunterdon for his 70th. Been great showing my GF the shore etc. I think she will be blown away by how pretty dad's place is. Mile long gravel drive etc. Not what most people think of in NJ. That said, I'm still glad I don't live here anymore.

The Shaw? Fuhgettaboutit! Greatest place in the world.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

I built my first home on Black River Road in Long Valley in 1994. Right on the Hunterdon County boarder. 400' gravel driveway. 5 acres. I planted 75 fruit trees and at least 35 spruce/firs. Brambles up the ass (enough each year to yield 30+ jars of preserves. It was really nice, but after 5-6 years, I just couldn't handle to 50 min (now probably 1.25 hr.) commute to work. Califon, Hackelbarney State Park (Sopranos reference), Ken Lockwood gorge, S. Fork of Raritan River and Musconecong (ph.) all had great trout/bass fishing. I can argue that the Jersey coast, with all its jetties, has some of the best striper, fluke and blue fishing in the NE. Not everything in NJ is the likes of Newark, Jersey City, Atlantic City, Paterson, Union and West Orange
    I'm still glad that I live in UT. Taxes in Essex, Morris and Monmouth counties are out the ass.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Here in Ocean City right now, about to drive up to my dad's in Hunterdon for his 70th. Been great showing my GF the shore etc. I think she will be blown away by how pretty dad's place is. Mile long gravel drive etc. Not what most people think of in NJ. That said, I'm still glad I don't live here anymore.
    I'm in Jersey too now. Went to Island Beach State Park on Wednesday and the water temp was 59 degrees!! Wtf