Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    On a related subject, pedestrians and cyclists should check their state codes, but in California, pedestrians using bike lanes where there is no sidewalk are required to walk facing traffic (which is only common sense) and step out of the bike lane to yield to cyclists when possible to do safely. Cyclists are required to ride as far to the right as safe in the absence of a bike lane, which doesn't mean 2 or more abreast. When it comes to sharing the road, pedestrians and cyclists are at least as bad as drivers (I am all three).

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    No one cares about your Strava time.
    Shut your whore mouth when you're talking to me - everyone cares about my Strava times because I'm KOM
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I think whatever user group originally built the trail should get the right of way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Notchtop View Post
    ^^^ I like it. Around here that would mostly be elk, the Crow Tribe, and the Cavalry. I can yield to that.
    I think a lot of the well constructed trails--the ones with water bars, rock retaining walls on steep switchbacks, etc--were built by the CCC during the Depression. Nowadays trails around here--like the Tahoe and Donner Rim Trails--are built by volunteers with no one asking if you're a hiker, biker, or horsey back rider. The Donner Rim Trail is multi use except where it uses existing restricted trails--essentially the PCT.