WTB: Burly 3L W/B shell

My son has a quiver of lightweight backcountry shells, but he needs something for work in a size large. He's an arborist, so he wants something that will hold up to abuse, which usually means something 3L with thicker outter fabric. Weight isn't an issue, and it doesn't have to be something new and flashy. In fact he'd prefer something in good shape but inexpensive. He doesn't like bright colors, prefers earth tones, gray or black. Anybody have anything hanging in the back of the closet?
    Last edited by hopelesslyadolescent; 05-08-2016 at 07:10 PM.

I have an older Marmot MemBrain jacket that is tan, mens L. It has a liner, cut a little big as was typical 10y ago.

If that could work I can try to scrounge up a photo.

Quote Originally Posted by skis_the_trees View Post
    I have an older Marmot MemBrain jacket that is tan, mens L. It has a liner, cut a little big as was typical 10y ago.

If that could work I can try to scrounge up a photo.
    trees, does your shell have a pretty stout outter fabric? What kind of shape is it in? Still shed water pretty well? Color is right, if you've got a pic that would be great. Thanks for the offer.

Anybody?

Ive got two 3L large Patagonia Jackets I can part with. One is the grey mountaineering jacket with the rubber on the cuffs. I used it for a season skiing and its been in the closet every since, still waterproof, no rips or tears, $150 shipped is the best I could do. The other is an almost brand new black Patagonia Pow Slayer (I think, its the 3 layer Gor-tex ski jacket), Ive worn it 10 times. No rips or tears in this one either, also still waterproof. I actually bought an identical jacket off here in bright green and wear that every day. I was going to keep it for when the green one died, but Id sell it for $200.

Let me know if you are interested and Ill get you pictures.

Hey, sklbrd, please send pics and I'll pass them on to see if he's interested. Thanks.

Buy TGR.

Contact Michael at Freeride Systems
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.