Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Carp

NSFW, how long do you plan on ranting? You're messing up an otherwise great carp thread with your drivel.

Way to bring the stoke to the carp thread SFB!
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

SFB,

I'm no biologist but I can't see carp being good for trout streams. Do you catch and kill or set em free?
    I still call it The Jake.

Men and women out there trying to make a name for themselves in the ski industry don't want to be associated with a place where a thread about herps can be on top for weeks.
    Fuck you.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Hugh would have a field day with the pro-bro branding and forum association angle.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
    Yeah so where is it written the TGR must turn into a shit show in the Summer?
    It is teton GRAVITY research.
    Sure they are making money from us.
    But they are our hosts, and they do have a passion for gravity.
    Plenty of gravity to be researched in the Summer.
    Biking/hang gliding/climbing.
    How about posting some of that KQ?
    Tipp? Any gravity you researched lately?

Fuck all of you that let it be Teton Drama Research.
    GTFO
    Fuck you too. This is the padded room. GTFO.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    No, KQ just likes any excuse to post scantily clad ladies (that aren't herself)...
    NTTAWWT.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Well obviously there are many funny threads and important threads about whisky (not kidding)
    But clearly this is a parallel thread KQ created regarding the herp thread where mtngirl is being baited.
    And unfortunately that shit spills over into the ski forum.

And from my viewpoint, that is what is contributing to less stoke being posted on TGR.

So riddle me this.
    Are more elite pros posting stoke here now or in 2008?
    Why?
    I could give two fucks about elite pros.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Yeah elite pros are not buying flannel in May or $50 t-shirts.

Just wait till Dunfee goes Hollywood and realizes he can link product sponsorships with the videos he pulls from the PR

Giant Tuna Swallows Seagull, Spits it Back Up
    --brought to you by Dongwon Industries, makers of Star-Kist tuna
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Don't you usually post pictures of naked women?

Dunfee could probably throw down stats on how many click the new post button, I do, and I bet most of the regulars do.

So to everyone who clicks the new post button, the thread about herp was the top thread for a few weeks.

Why?

It's a community moderated forum but there's not much moderating going on. A few posters in here have a collective 100,000 posts, yet you can't figure out how to keep a piece of shit like Timberridge from baiting a suicidal girl, out of here?

Obviously if this was really a thread just about carp it would be a different story, and possibly even stoke.

But clearly it is here because of this

Did that really need to be spelled out?

100,000 post x 10 minutes is 1,000,000 minutes = 16,666 hours you few posters in this thread have invested in this forum. Yet you let a thread about herpes be your top thread?

And that obviously is just one example of where mtngirl has been baited lately.

She took the bait on the fat girl stuff but left the other alone in there, so Timberridge tried again

Why?
    It's not about mtngirl, it's about the incessant trolling by Benny STFU and a slew of others. And yes, I think that is main contributing factor on why we don't have content like we used to. Men and women out there trying to make a name for themselves in the ski industry don't want to be associated with a place where a thread about herps can be on top for weeks. There are a few notable exceptions of people either with thick enough skin or had been here long enough. But I don't see a whole lot of new people posting stoke like Hospital Air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I
    And anyone thinks I'm talking about the padded room get a grip.
    Then go fucking post it in those other threads dickhead. Or the 'shit that annoys you thread' if you must bitch about it here.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Clearly, NSFW is simply not a fan of the carp.

when it comes to the poopfish stoke
    i'm an addict and and aspiring pro

#poopfishmatter
    thats sum quality carp pr0n there
    watch out for snakes

Dunfee could probably throw down stats on how many click the new post button, I do, and I bet most of the regulars do.

So to everyone who clicks the new post button, the thread about herp was the top thread for a few weeks.

Why?

It's a community moderated forum but there's not much moderating going on. A few posters in here have a collective 100,000 posts, yet you can't figure out how to keep a piece of shit like Timberridge from baiting a suicidal girl, out of here?

Obviously if this was really a thread just about carp it would be a different story, and possibly even stoke.

But clearly it is here because of this

Did that really need to be spelled out?

100,000 post x 10 minutes is 1,000,000 minutes = 16,666 hours you few posters in this thread have invested in this forum. Yet you let a thread about herpes be your top thread?

And that obviously is just one example of where mtngirl has been baited lately.

She took the bait on the fat girl stuff but left the other alone in there, so Timberridge tried again

Why?

It's not about mtngirl, it's about the incessant trolling by Benny STFU and a slew of others. And yes, I think that is main contributing factor on why we don't have content like we used to. Men and women out there trying to make a name for themselves in the ski industry don't want to be associated with a place where a thread about herps can be on top for weeks. There are a few notable exceptions of people either with thick enough skin or had been here long enough. But I don't see a whole lot of new people posting stoke like Hospital Air.
    fuck you... sking is not about pros or what ever the fuck you think it is. its about sking. it is a singular sport, no one give a fuck what you can do on skis. this is padded room so fuck off

ps. I throw ever carp I catch on the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Now how about some carp recipes KQ?
    Yeah. Carp recipes you've never actually made...

when it comes to the poopfish stoke
    i'm an addict and and aspiring pro
    But do you noodle?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    SFB,

I'm no biologist but I can't see carp being good for trout streams. Do you catch and kill or set em free?
    This may be the carp thread, but suckers suck in streams. Toss 'em in the weeds and leave them for the coons.
    Good fighters though!

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    But do you noodle?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

Now how about some carp recipes KQ?
    I'm game:

Looks like the Mississippi Parks Dept is doing their part to get rid of carp by posting recipes and info:

Note: Before preparing any fish from public waters, please consult your state's Fish Consumption Advisory. In Minnesota, this free pamphlet contains important health information about harmful chemicals which may be present in your catch, and specific suggestions for preparing and portioning fish meals to minimize your risk.

Throughout the world and down through history, the carp has been both the most widely eaten freshwater fish, and one of the most esteemed. Only in North America does it fail to be well-regarded, accused instead of being unhealthy, nasty tasting, and difficult to prepare.

People who regularly eat carp, however, insist that this poor reputation is unwarranted. For one, it is less susceptible to parasites and bacteria than most native fish because it is an exotic species. Moreover, few fish, rough or sport, are palatable when caught in foul water -- most carp don't taste very good simply because they are caught in polluted waters, of which they are more tolerant than most fish. If caught in turbid or polluted water, their flavor can be clarified like that of any other fish by placing them in clear running water (in a bathtub, for example) for a day. Simple preparation methods, taking care to remove all the blood, flesh, mud vein and dark meat, will also minimize any muddy flavor.

With a little bit of searching, canned, smoked, and pickled commercial carp can be found at the occasional deli and market; you may even encounter the occasional large carp on ice at your local fish wholesaler.

The following recipes are taken with permission from "Fishing for Buffalo - A Guide to the Pursuit, Lore and Cuisine of Buffalo, Carp, Mooneye, Garand other Rough Fish," available from the University of Minnesota Press.

"If you have any trepidation about eating carp for the first time, try deep-frying pieces of fillet cut to the size of dominoes. Eat the golden tidbits with beer and french fries. There's no one on earth who doesn't like this."

Pickled Carp
    Vinegar softens the bones, so fillets do not have to be scored. Cut carp fillets into domino-sized pieces, and put in canning jars. Soak overnight in a solution of 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water. Drain and place in a boiling solution of 3 cups vinegar and 1 cup water. Add cloves, allspice, mustard seed, salt and pepper, and lemon slices. Boil fish until done. Saving the liquid, place pieces in a sterilized jar and cover with sliced onions. Pour the boiling solution into the jars and seal.

Carp Dumplings
    In a 2 quart pot, make a bouillon: in 1/4 cup butter, brown 1 onion, 2 stalks celery, and 1 carrot, all chopped. Add 2 pints hot water, 2 tablespoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon white pepper. Boil 30-40 minutes.

Prepare the fish mixture by putting 1 pound carp fillet, 1 onion, and 2 small pieces of celery through a grinder. Mix together with 4 slices white bread, trimmed and rubbed to fine crumbs, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon white pepper. Add 3 well-beaten eggs, and mix.

Drop by spoonfuls into the boiling bouillon, and cook until done (about 5 minutes). Serve with chile sauce.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

And we have google!

lived in MO for 10 yrs, ive noodled. never again, not ashamed to say scared the shit out of me. got some good hillbilly friends, they love that shit. im the guy tossing beers keeping eveyone hydrated

Looks like Texas is getting in on the action too. Who knew there was such an interest? Learn something new everyday! One of many you'll find on the Texas Parks and Wildlife page:

Carp in Beer
    2 pounds carp
    2 12-oz. cans dark beer
    1 medium onion
    1 stalk celery, chopped
    1 bay leaf
    1/2 teaspoon thyme
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 sprig parsley
    1/4 pound butter
    1/2 cup gingerbread crumbs
    Mince onion, add celery, bay leaf, thyme, parsley, beer and salt. Bring to a boil. Cut carp into pieces and place in the sauce. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes on low fire. Remove carp from sauce and thicken sauce with gingerbread crumbs. Strain sauce and stir in butter. The sauce must be creamy and hot; pour it over the carp.

I'm a big fan of catfish wouldn't these giant carp be similar? A little butter, a dusting of cornmeal and flour, pan fry it up with some capers. Serve with tarter and a side of hushpuppies. Yum!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    bottom feeder thread
    thats why you're here
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Good work.

That Australian carp herpes thing has me confused - is that strain fatal to the fish, or does it just make them feel bad about themselves?
    I read about that. Intruducing another foreign organism to Australia. What could go wrong?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    This may be the carp thread, but suckers suck in streams. Toss 'em in the weeds and leave them for the coons.
    Good fighters though!
    Please don't 'throw them in the weeds' Throwing suckers/carp on shore has negligible effect on population but it does turn the shoreline into a stinking garbage pit with foraging flies everywhere. My dog always beelines for the damned things and rolls in them. DNR here just wants you to throw them back alive or if you must kill them take them home and bury them in your garden or throw them in the compost bin/yardy. They can and do write tickets for people that litter by throwing them on the bank or worse slit them and throw them in the water which leads to obvious water quality problems for other fish and users. Lots of people around here like carp and smoke them so finding someone who considers them a resource is also an option.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Please don't 'throw them in the weeds' Throwing suckers/carp on shore has negligible effect on population but it does turn the shoreline into a stinking garbage pit with foraging flies everywhere. My dog always beelines for the damned things and rolls in them. DNR here just wants you to throw them back alive or if you must kill them take them home and bury them in your garden or throw them in the compost bin/yardy. They can and do write tickets for people that litter by throwing them on the bank or worse slit them and throw them in the water which leads to obvious water quality problems for other fish and users. Lots of people around here like carp and smoke them so finding someone who considers them a resource is also an option.
    Are you talking about a very small body of water? Slitting the belly and tossing in the water adds vital nutrients to the water system. Crayfish feed on the carcass as well as other aquatic species. All the bio and game wardens I have ran into while carp bow fishing asked us to do just that with our carp. We would shoot hundreds of the things in a day.

Back to raising the stoke bar here with an epic carp feeding shot. My girl sending some delicious bread crumbs switch to the river.