Alex & Dave recovered.

16 years

Saw that... crazy to think. Must be hard on the families, but then again maybe it's some closure...

Closure for sure, but I'm sure it's accompanied by a lot of strange feelings. RIP again to Alex and Dave. I could hardly believe Alex Lowe died, he was such a superman. I saw him give a slideshow on a K2 climb once, and it's a memory I cherish. The guy exuded fitness and confidence, it was just so obvious, yet he was so friendly and happy. I'm glad the families now have a body to bury or whatever they do. Especially his kids.

I remember moving to Bozeman months before he died. I always wanted to run into him at a local crag but that sadly never happened. Glad they found ya Alex. RIP

RIP Alex and Dave

Peace to their families.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    I remember moving to Bozeman months before he died. I always wanted to run into him at a local crag but that sadly never happened. Glad they found ya Alex. RIP
    Reading Select Peaks of the Greater Yellowstone back when I was in Bozeman, it seems like he and Coombs pioneered a lot of first descents and other routes there in the 90s. Must have been a cool dude.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.