Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Coconut Oil Coffee

anyone doing this? I have a friend who does it. Thought it was just a her being extreme fad-ish as usual but I just Googled it and found this nugget of info on it. Sound a little too good to be true and makes me wonder when the anti-coconut oil study is going to come out.

3 Reasons To Add Coconut Oil To Your Coffee

1. Coconut Oil Increases Your Energy

As I mentioned above, coconut oil gives you energy! How does this work? Well, coconut oil is made up of MCTs (Medium Chain Triglycerides). MCTs are more rapidly absorbed by the body and are quickly metabolized as fuel (not stored as fat).

2. Coconut Oil Speeds Up The Metabolism

When you eat MTCs (like in coconut oil) this results in accelerated metabolic conversion! That is, instead of being stored as fat, the calories contained in MCTs are very efficiently converted into fuel for immediate use by the body.

According to this study, researchers assembled 40 female volunteers between the ages of 20 and 40 who suffered from abdominal obesity. Over a 12-week period, the women were given a daily dietary supplement comprising of 30 milliliters of either soybean oil or coconut oil. At the end of the 12-week study, the researchers found that the women who were given the coconut oil experienced a significant reduction in both BMI and waist circumference, as well as an increase in “good” HDL cholesterol. These results were not found in the group that was given soybean oil. “It appears that dietetic supplementation with coconut oil does not cause dyslipidemia and seems to promote a reduction in abdominal obesity,”.

3. Coconut Oil Boosts The Immune System

Almost 50% of the fatty acids in coconut oil is Lauric Acid (aka the super healthy fats found in human breast milk). Lauric acid is potent in antimicrobial properties. According to WebMD lauric acid is used for treating, “viral infections including influenza (the flu); swine flu; avian flu; the common cold; fever blisters, cold sores, and genital herpes caused by herpes simplex virus (HSV); genital warts caused by human papillomavirus (HPV); and HIV/AIDS. It is also used for preventing the transmission of HIV from mothers to children.”

Now that you know how amazing coconut oil is for your health let me show you how to make it taste fabulous in your coffee! Coconut oil coffee is amazingly delicious!

Taken from: The Coconut Mama
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I'll do it occasionally when I have early CC's at work and I know I wont be able to get any breakfast
    it's not bad- also do it with butter sometimes and have seen some that put an egg in the coffee and blend it up (blech)

my other half is ALL about coconut oil right now
    he says it can also be used in the bedroom.... but sounds like a recipe for greaseyness

I've had a sample of coconut coffee at Costco and I have to say it was pretty tasty. I'm a lot more likely to drink it than coconut water which I find repulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    he says it can also be used in the bedroom....
    Polishing the night stands?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I've had a sample of coconut coffee at Costco and I have to say it was pretty tasty. I'm a lot more likely to drink it than coconut water which I find repulsive.
    Yeah I hate that shit.

The coconut oil in the coffee was kinda meh. Guess i should give it a go for a longer period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Yeah I hate that shit.

The coconut oil in the coffee was kinda meh. Guess i should give it a go for a longer period of time.
    if you blend or use a frother I think its a bit better too

"Froth" is IMHO the one word in the English language that is more disturbing than "moist."

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Polishing the night stands?
    lol exactly

"Froth" is IMHO the one word in the English language that is more disturbing than "moist."
    I hear you
    makes me think of the santorum (guh )

What about "schmear"?

We use a lot of coconut oil in cooking, it's great and doesn't go rancid. My ex was a soap maker and left a 5 gallon bucket and another half bucket of coconut oil when she moved out. You'd be surprised at how long it takes to go through that much oil.

he says it can also be used in the bedroom.... but sounds like a recipe for greaseyness
    Be careful as it will eventually break down rubber and polymers. Leaving residue in places you would rather not and ruining your collection of ?. Aqueous based lubricity is where it's at these days - AstroGlide

I do make a whole lotta popcorn with the stuff - coconut oil that is.

I tired coconut oil in the coffee it was OK but I didn't keep doing it ... unremarkable
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Your BF is wise beyond his years. I use it for everything nowadays; Skin, scalp, beard, cooking, playdate time...Might as well put it in my coffee too
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

It's a great massage oil, but recommended for external use only.

You make that sound like a bad thing. Pro-tip: Keep a set of old sheets around for those fun nights.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Your BF is wise beyond his years. I use it for everything nowadays; Skin, scalp, beard, cooking, playdate time...Might as well put it in my coffee too
    I think you are his beard idol too so I'll mention those uses
    skid luxury

I hear you
    makes me think of the santorum (guh )
    How do you remove Santorum?
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You make that sound like a bad thing. Pro-tip: Keep a set of old sheets around for those fun nights.
    Nah- not a bad thing just sounds messy when as gepeto mentioned there are other water based options that are a touch simpler to use
    But imagine we'll give it a whirl at some pt
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    ex was a soap maker and left a 5 gallon bucket and another half bucket of coconut oil.
    Might as well left gold bars. Highly refined is going for $5 n OZ @ the organic market.

Zero Friction the next time you starfish/tomahawk/egg-beat/turtle spin that green you fucknut - you're are so funny.

Can you wax a ski with it yet?

I think you are his beard idol too so I'll mention those uses
    Nice! It's a great beard softener and i try to massage it deep into my beard and get it down to my skin to help with dryness, its Been a life saver for relieving stubborn dry spots on my scalp and t-zone, but be warned a little goes a long way on the face, it's possible to overdue it.

What brand/type is everyone using?

Kinda weird standing in the cooking section of the grocery store trying to figure out which brand of cooking oil to slather all over my body.

Knowing nothing, I settled for Kalepo extra virgin, organic, cold pressed and unrefined. Only drawback is it seems kinda "gritty" till it warms up, so I'm looking to try something else soon
    get paid

makes a great personal lubricant too
    watch out for snakes

Thanks for spelling that out scotty
    get paid

Thanks for spelling that out scotty
    he was speaking up for single users, not couples?

coconut oil is sometimes a paleo substitution for butter

Been a life saver for relieving stubborn dry spots on my scalp and t-zone, but be warned a little goes a long way on the face, it's possible to overdue it.
    I hope you're right?! I've been plagued with a scalp flake for more than a year now. Using a topical steroid that is about to run out and doesn't really work. I wear a hat at the start of all my workouts to generate heat faster and it seriously exacerbates the problem along with helmet wear course.

What brand/type is everyone using?
    Store brand organic - not gritty at all

Kinda weird standing in the cooking section of the grocery store trying to figure out which brand of cooking oil to slather all over my body.
    you got that all wrong... more yoga pants in that isle for a reason

It is a great moisturizer, absorbs completely with no oily residue.