Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    ^^^ the funneh! and the troo.

Clients do absolutely ask about what things cost, and having had some experience with many types of home remodeling (hands-on and contracted) I have a general idea, but am always careful to discuss things in terms of a range of pricing as opposed to a solid number, and couched with disclaimers. Pretty much always in the ballpark.

I think clients expect us to have some idea, but if only the 10% are knowledgeable and realistic that would indeed suck for most clients.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Seems like the part time job of choice for middle aged women.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Not in my experience, not at all. But then people say that same crap about lawyers, and that is also a huge fallacy on that score too. But it seems to make people feel better to act like 95% of the profession they don't like is made of bottom feeders, so knock yourself out.
    I have great respect for great lawyers and great RE agents. Sometimes you feel bad for the people who hire these clowns. I don't go near SFH except for immediate family cause it's a shit show dealing with washed out used car salesman.

I was house shopping in 2013.

One agent tossed my offer in trash and didn't show to client. She told other brokers, who know me, I wasn't a good fit for neighborhood. She was looking for a buyer who would tear down and spend 7 figures because existing 5k sq ft house was ugly.

Another local broker ignores calls/emails from other brokers because he always wants both sides of deal. Breach of fiduciary right there...

I offered $1,000 below actual sales price on another property and broker didn't even respond to offer, sold couple weeks later.

I did learn that you just need to stoop to their level. In SFH market, I always offer buyer commission to listing agent... Like crack, they can't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    Seems like the part time job of choice for middle aged women, and ski town bartenders
    FIFY
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    not enough room for the list. are you really asking this as a serious question? think for more than a moment and I'm sure you will come up with many. like, virtually any profession there is?
    What professional / profession can you have unlimited earning potential with peoples most expensive asset and not have a resume?

No resume you say? This is my kinda job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid