WTB: 7lb touring ski

Looking to put together a lightweight touring setup on the cheap. If that's even possible... Whatchu got?

Must meet the following requirements:
    -7lbs or under
    -minimum 175 length
    -minimum 90 waist

I don't really care if it's beat up as long as there is still room to mount Speed binders and the edges have some life left in them.
    On that note, I'll take some Dynafit Speeds too if the price is right. I probably should replace my verticals soon as they're pretty banged up.

Cheap ($100) and 95 mm waist, awfully close on the other criteria:

173 cm Atomic Drifters (this one - http://www.telemarkdown.com/store/at...omic-drifter/; https://alpineexposure.wordpress.com...tomic-drifter/) -- 1680 grams/ski, 7.4 lbs for the pair.

Here's a pic and more info from when I listed it awhile ago: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...light=drifters. Maybe 5 more days on them since then.

FWIW it's a pretty stiff ski that has the same running length as one of my other skis that is labeled 176cm (Fischer Motive 88).

I just never loved it more than the Fischer for hardpack and it turns out I prefer softer more playful flex for touring / trees / softer snow - prolly due to telemarking old-fart tendencies.

You could pick them up at my son's place in Boulder where I left them a few weeks ago - or I'm sure there are other ways to work the logistics if you're interested.

Big question .... do not know whether the NTN pattern would interfere with Dynafits but I bet someone here does.

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep it on the radar but am hoping for a little bit longer ski.
    I ski pretty forward so mounting the dynafits back a bit from the NTN mount shouldn't be an issue.

I have a pair of Karhu BC skis in 180cm. Will need to double check but waist is around 100mm. Its the lightweight BC version but not sure on the weight. Older, non rockered but not used in several seasons. $100 shipped.

I've got a MINT pair of 177 Volkl "M-Rocks" (Mantras w/gray topsheet) 94mm. Used once for an hour. Drilled once for Dynafit Comforts @ about 325. Unfortunately my fish scale says 8lbs +. $250+.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    I have a pair of Karhu BC skis in 180cm. Will need to double check but waist is around 100mm. Its the lightweight BC version but not sure on the weight. Older, non rockered but not used in several seasons. $100 shipped.
    These might work out pretty good. I can't find specific specs online about the ski though. What's the approx weight on them? How many mounts and how are the edges? Can you PM me pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by mntntom View Post
    I've got a MINT pair of 177 Volkl "M-Rocks" (Mantras w/gray topsheet) 94mm. Used once for an hour. Drilled once for Dynafit Comforts @ about 325. Unfortunately my fish scale says 8lbs +. $250+.
    I already have 177 mantras with couple binding inserts. One for dynafit that I used to tour with back in the day. Looking for something lighter and probably slightly softer. Thanks though!

Quote Originally Posted by SkeezeBall View Post
    These might work out pretty good. I can't find specific specs online about the ski though. What's the approx weight on them? How many mounts and how are the edges? Can you PM me pictures?
    These don't have fish scale bases do they?

No, they don't.

Have a real cheap complete setup for sale here. 84 at the waist, but meets the other requirements.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...0-Dynafit-Bind

These were mounted once for tele. No significant damage to mention. Normal wear from about 30days of use. Not sure on the weight but maybe you can google Karhu Jak B C 100 and get info. Attachment 181207
    Last edited by Mr. Toad; 04-23-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1461438566.997979.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  71.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1461438578.283137.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  54.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    These were mounted once for tele. No significant damage to mention. Normal wear from about 30days of use. Not sure on the weight but maybe you can google Karhu Jak B C 100 and get info. Attachment 181207
    Took some searching but I found an old pdf from 2005. The weight is 8lbs 2oz. A bit too heavy for what I'm trying to do. Thanks though!

177 G3 Zenoxide Carbon 93 6lb 5oz
    180 Fischer Hannibal 100 6lb 2oz

PM me if you're interested.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

Xxx dx

Anyone got a G3 synapse, Fischer Hannibal or Black Diamond Convert Carbon they're looking to part ways with? I have some cash, dynafiddle verticals and Avalung II I can trade if that perks your interest.

Did you search/look? There are carbon converts for sale down below your ad...

And someone offering you hannibals in this thread....

Thanks captain obvious. Yes I already searched and those options didn't work out of I haven't heard back from them.

Skeez,

Saw your previous post mentioning Hannibals. Got a pair of 170's for my wife and she is totally rocking them. Stupid light. She is even liking them inbounds.

The hannibals do look pretty nice! Couldn't find a good deal on a used pair in the right length though. Got a PM last night and am picking up some 180 BD Carbon Converts. Should be a nice ultralight setup to compliment the touring quiver.