Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Prince was outside my musical bailiwick at the time that my little brother, who was obsessed with him, turned me on to some of his early albums (current albums at the time), and I became a fan. A huge loss, much too early. Rest in peace, purple one.

Damn. I've got a couple obscure lp's I'll have to spin.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Never a fan. I admit he had an outsized influence on music, I just never saw why. I would be curious how popular he would have been without music video.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Let's not forget the Pearl.

As much as I hate the Cuse, he was a baller. RIP

Prince you could always see the talent, awesome musician, I didn't really love that many of his tunes but hey.

RIP Prince

guy had so much swagger, music is intense

saw him about 4 years ago @ MSG-he blew the roof off! It was a party, not a concert.

Too young...RIP!
    "up in the ski resorts, up in hills they move ki's and had skis making drops on snowmobiles"- GZA

Purple Rain came out the month I graduated high school. That summer it was played at every party; guaranteed to get the ladies dancing. I was never really a fan, but i certainly appreciated that album's aphrodisiac qualities...

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nStick View Post
    Yep, one of my favorites. He ruled the 11PM hour at my parties in college. Girls were liquored up enough, he kicked it into overdrive. That man was personally responsible for me getting some sexy time with the ladies. Thanks Prince
    Ditto. My roommates were from Minnetonka and they were hardcore fans. I don't think we had a single party in college were we didn't play either Pussy Control or Let's Get Crazy at least once. Pretty sure my wife and I had a couple of our craziest nights in college that started with some Prince and high quality "party favors."

RIP
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I'll See You Laughing in That Purple Rain...

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    Ditto. My roommates were from Minnetonka and they were hardcore fans. I don't think we had a single party in college were we didn't play either Pussy Control or Let's Get Crazy at least once. Pretty sure my wife and I had a couple of our craziest nights in college that started with some Prince and high quality "party favors."

RIP
    Pics or it probably still happened, but pics still please.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Pics or it probably still happened, but pics still please.
    This was before camera phones son. Had to take that shit to the developers and then look them in the eye when you went to pick it up. I'm sure some are buried in old boxes at home but they have yet to be scanned for posterity's sake. You'll just have to use your imagination.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post

Watch Prince melt your face at 3:37. Builds into seriously roasting it.

amazing

My office got pretty dusty upon hearing about this.

I was probably younger than most of you when I was first introduced to Prince's music but having grown up in Minneapolis and hearing personal accounts of interactions with Prince in his younger years, I feel a connection for whatever reason. I remember my HS Spanish teacher talking about teaching him at my alma mater before he got kicked out. I have been lucky enough to see him at Paisley Park a couple of times and he puts on a hell of a party

RIP to a god damn legend, I'm going to be partying like its 1999 tonight.

Thats what Polaroid instant film was for. No developers to have to look in the eye.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Grew up a few miles from him so we thought of him as more of a local legend back in the 80s but he clearly made his mark globally. Broke down every stereotype there was. Last time I saw him was at First Avenue on 7/7/07. So good live. Prince dance party tomorrow night for sure. RIP.

Also, 89.3 Current is doing a chronological stream of his Studio catalog for the next 6 hours

http://www.thecurrent.org/listen

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Grew up a few miles from him so we thought of him as more of a local legend back in the 80s but he clearly made his mark globally. Broke down every stereotype there was. Last time I saw him was at First Avenue on 7/7/07. So good live. Prince dance party tomorrow night for sure. RIP.
    First Ave. is having one tonight. Wish I could be there.

Prince, Hüsker Dü, the Replacements, and the Jayhawks actually made Minneapolis cool, at least for a while during the 80s. That was quite the accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Prince, Hüsker Dü, the Replacements, and the Jayhawks actually made Minneapolis cool, at least for a while during the 80s. That was quite the accomplishment.

After that they had some down years until DD came along and saved them.

RIP.
    Give this shit a spin. Loring park sessions, 1977. Fucking fire. https://soundcloud.com/nickbnolalive...-sessions-1977

Ha! Yep heard him say it live. Classic wolf Blitzer move
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Prince, Pearl and Chyna. Quite a threesome.

To be fair to Wolf, we all do remember Purple Haze, and that song did a lot for music, it just wasn't a Prince song. Maybe Wolf was trippin' on purple haze?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Much sadness.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Purple sky and rainbow near paisley parkClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1461279302.826961.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	629.5 KB 
ID:	181093
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

so wtf did he die from, fiddyseven is not far from mah age
    watch out for snakes