Page 117 of 165 FirstFirst ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 4116
    Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    The AM2's casing is the equivalent of Maxxis EXO at best in terms of weight (1000g for the 29x2.4, so a little lighter than spec weight) and feel in-hand. Michelin says it's the same casing as the Enduro Front but it feels thinner. And the side knobs are way less supported than the DH34/Enduro Front/Rock'R2. AM2 is what I'm going to try next on the rear and hopefully the casing holds up with an insert. Side knob support is what I'm more dubious about - me and everyone I know who tried the Enduro Rear on local trails had the side knobs rip out pretty quickly and the AM2's look even less supported.
    Good to know. Just going by the pic it looked identical to the dh34. Report back on that if you get some if you get a chance. I was just waiting for them to come in stock. The dh 34 has a touch smaller side knob then wild enduro front but theyre are quite a bit tighter spacing on the 34. I prefer the edge hold on my 34 over the ewilds(basically a wider wild enduro). 34 doesnt quite dig out of the corners like a wr2 but damn close with the wite bead and a touch more support in the side wall.
    I guess i had the 27.5 exo weight in mind. In 29 theyre both basically the same weight, 29 x 2.4 dhr2 exo/mich am2. Wr2 had better protection , atlrast a little, then a maxxis dd so hopefully that holds true with the am2 vs exo.
    Wild enduro rear was good for what it is and while it lasted but then one day i looked and it had numerous edge and center knobs ripped or worn. It was fairly fast and grippy for a while. Nice swapping the rear wr2 to the we rear for that bit. . Little bigger edge knobs and harder compound center option might be ok but dh34 rolls pretty good. Maybe they should have a am2 front/rear 1000g/1100g. Does everything pretty well

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

PSA:

Planet Cyclery has DHF 27.5 x 2.5 in DD casing MaxxGrip for $45 right now. I picked one up to replace my aging EXO DHF 2.6.

Good deal for DD stuff which seems like unobtainium right now

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Good to know. Just going by the pic it looked identical to the dh34. Report back on that if you get some if you get a chance.
    I have them all sitting right here so have compared in-hand. WR2, AM2, DH34, Enduro Front. I stocked up back in January with whatever I could get my hands on. I'll milk the WR2 as long as I can, maybe until late-September, then give the AM2 a shot on Autumn trips south. A friend had an AM2 ready to mount about a month ago so I'll try to find out how he's been liking it.

I have them all sitting right here so have compared in-hand. WR2, AM2, DH34, Enduro Front. I stocked up back in January with whatever I could get my hands on. I'll milk the WR2 as long as I can, maybe until late-September, then give the AM2 a shot on Autumn trips south.
    Can we continue complaining about Michelin discontinuing the WR2? I really want to bitch about it some more.

I have them all sitting right here so have compared in-hand. WR2, AM2, DH34, Enduro Front. I stocked up back in January with whatever I could get my hands on. I'll milk the WR2 as long as I can, maybe until late-September, then give the AM2 a shot on Autumn trips south. A friend had an AM2 ready to mount about a month ago so I'll try to find out how he's been liking it.
    Good score. I hadnt seen any stock of the am2 early in the year and only one small syock since then. 29'r tires have neen scarce.Could you put up a tread pic of the dh34 and am2 beside each other?
    I do prefer the eire bead on the dh34 bike park over the wr2. Even the wite beads seem to stretch over time though
    Just mounted up 2.6 gravity grid butcher/eliminators yesterday. Super ez mounting up and nice solid pops when the beads seated. Those spesh 2.6's are identical width as the 2.4 big betty. They dont feel super burly. Put a vittoria air liner in the rear and leaving the butcher wothout a liner for now. See how they fair

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    PSA:

Planet Cyclery has DHF 27.5 x 2.5 in DD casing MaxxGrip for $45 right now. I picked one up to replace my aging EXO DHF 2.6.

Good deal for DD stuff which seems like unobtainium right now
    Thank you sir. Linky for those who want: https://planetcyclery.com/catalog/pr.../category/679/
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Can we continue complaining about Michelin discontinuing the WR2? I really want to bitch about it some more.
    Yep. WR2 is hands-down my favourite rear tyre ever. Perfect casing weight for me with an insert, burly side knobs, fastish/grippyish centre knobs. It can pack up with sticky mud a bit but don't mid that too much in the rear. WR2 side knobs with Enduro Rear centre knobs would have been a winner.

I managed to find one remaining 29 WR2 in Gum-X which is on my bike now. Got a couple in Magi-X too for the front but then found someone selling Enduro Fronts so might not get used. Could put them on the rear but wouldn't last long on my trails.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Could you put up a tread pic of the dh34 and am2 beside each other?
    Here's the whole gang. DH34, AM2, Wild Rock'R2, Enduro Front.

DH34 and AM2 are pretty similar treads, yes, but you can see how the outside edges of the side knobs aren't supported like all of the others. I'm going to try it anyway, and would be good to look at a new Enduro Rear to see if it's the same which might explain its poor side knob lifespan. I found this photo of the one I tried.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	michelin_tyres.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	383.9 KB 
ID:	383701

Thanks. Sooo close.side knobs atleast are fairly tight to one another. I think id like to try it to have on a lighter wheelset

Yep. WR2 is hands-down my favourite rear tyre ever. Perfect casing weight for me with an insert, burly side knobs, fastish/grippyish centre knobs.
    I mean... the molds already exist... FFS, Michelin. Bring back the WR2. Call it something else if you must, but BRING IT BACK.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I rode my wife's Stumpy EVO last night which was my first experience with Specialized tires. No complaints about the Butcher T9 on the front, but the Eliminator T7 that's on the rear seemed a little short on grip despite the hero dirt.
    I just recently started running butcher/eliminator set up. I really like them. Actually felt damper on upper quarry trail than years of riding maxxis. Plus they seat very easy and are cheaper.

I’ve been pretty happy with Butcher 29 x 2.6 front and back on 35mm rims. Not the fastest setup but they are so versatile for a variety of trail conditions.

I’ve tried both the 2.3 and 2.6 Butchers on my 30mm rims I think I like the 2.3 better at that rim width.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Well despite having a pile of spares, I grabbed a Griffus 2.4 to try out back, since I've been so impressed by the 2.5s. I was mostly curious to see if it would live up to the promises (same cornering, but a bit faster rolling). First ride and I'd say that was accurate. It maybe gave up a little bit of straight line braking, but still felt very locked in cornering. The single ply versions remain my favorite midweight summer setup (over Assegai/DHR EXO+). I'm starting to think that maybe the Frenchies know a thing or two about riding bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Well despite having a pile of spares, I grabbed a Griffus 2.4 to try out back, since I've been so impressed by the 2.5s. I was mostly curious to see if it would live up to the promises (same cornering, but a bit faster rolling). First ride and I'd say that was accurate. It maybe gave up a little bit of straight line braking, but still felt very locked in cornering. The single ply versions remain my favorite midweight summer setup (over Assegai/DHR EXO+). I'm starting to think that maybe the Frenchies know a thing or two about riding bikes.
    Hmmm... that 2.4 2x66tpi looks... interesting. And just over 1000g.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Hmmm... that 2.4 2x66tpi looks... interesting. And just over 1000g.
    That weight for 2x is almost certainly wrong. My 1x 27.5 turned out to be 990g.

That weight for 2x is almost certainly wrong. My 1x 27.5 turned out to be 990g.
    Yeah, the 2x66 weighs more like 1200g.

Good casing though. It's really supple for being as tough as it is.

10ish rides in and im digging the spesh gravity grid 2.6's. Butcher f/eliminator r. Much better yhan i thought theyd be. That t9 butcher hooks up. Just a tannus liner in the rear. Nailed a rock hidden in the grass with the front wheel today. Really surprised something didnt happen. Used a fjll 180 of travel and prob 200 more with my arms. Tire and rim are fine

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Yeah, the 2x66 weighs more like 1200g.
    So much for the Holy Grail.

How much draggier would the maxxgripp be over the maxx terra out back? I can't make a direct comparison due to the many variables in me going from maxxgrip to maxxterra. I can tell the big difference in grip between the 2. The new maxxterra feels very spritely but I'm carbon wheels and no Inserts on the new bike

Sent from my SM-G973F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

For me it was pretty noticeable. I went from insert and MT this summer to DD MG in the rear w/out insert. Thought I could tell a noticeable difference. Switched back and could definitely tell a difference again. In that situation the MG was still heavier bc I use air liners so my non DD MT w/ insert was still lighter, so that was definitely part of it. But it still felt slower rolling when doing some longer climbs. Loved the MG in the rear on the downs, no regrets for bike park usage (don’t get to do that often so I wasn’t as worried about long term durability).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^^ agreed. Maxxgrip is noticeably slower. Noticeably funner too though.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    ^^^ agreed. Maxxgrip is noticeably slower. Noticeably funner too though.
    I'll trade faster for funnererer every day of the week and twice on Sunday...

Try a Dissector DD in MG out back. Faster rolling tread, but more grip on hardpack / rock.

Try a Dissector DD in MG out back. Faster rolling tread, but more grip on hardpack / rock.
    Hardpack....what the fucks that? I've got rocks roots and rain.

Sent from my SM-G973F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    Hardpack....what the fucks that? I've got rocks roots and rain.
    ]
    I think hardpack is what is below all the moon dust? Maybe?

I can't imagine running MaxxGrip rear outside of the bike park/DH bike (and buying said tires in bulk as they do not last), feels so slow pedaling to me. MaxxTerra feels pretty dang good (DHR II) outside of really greasy conditions.