Page 129 of 165 FirstFirst ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 4107
    Big Assegai/DHR2 fan but the MG and MaxTerra compounds are getting shredded so fast on AZ rocks I'm inspired to try other stuff. DD DHR2 Dual Compound would be nice but I'd still be blasting side knobs on soft/sticky Assegais.

Threw on some worn Rock'R 2 Enduros for a little nostalgia. Hope I can still turn without intermediate knobs.

Anybody want to trade tires?

ISO: DHF or clone 29x2.5ish. MaxxTerra or equivalent (not maxxgrip) and EXO type casing is preferred to heavy ones.

I’ve got a new takeoff Assegai EXO+ 29x2.5WT in MaxxTerra to offer up. Has a little sealant inside I’ll remove but was just rolled around the block before replacing the rear of my RAF with an Aggressor.

seem pretty good so far

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220806_182054848.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	499.9 KB 
ID:	423276

Name:  IMG_20220806_122651843.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  113.1 KB

Noticably better in that dry, dusty, loose over hard stuff we have going right now compared to my mezcals, which are only like 2 months old. They actually look pretty similar next to each other, but the syerras do have bigger side knobs and more open space.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    seem pretty good so far

Noticably better in that dry, dusty, loose over hard stuff we have going right now compared to my mezcals, which are only like 2 months old. They actually look pretty similar next to each other, but the syerras do have bigger side knobs and more open space.
    Curious to hear about durability as you get more miles on them. Looks like a good compromise of fast rolling and traction.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

seem pretty good so far

Mezcals do tend to make trails a bit more "spicy"

Been loving the Rekons front and rear. Mostly mellow XC type riding so far this summer, but took them on a steeper, rocky, rooty trail yesterday with tons of braking and they were surprisingly grippy.

Wife has the Vittorias and she seems to like them. Local bike shop recommended them and the price point was good, last year anyway.

seem pretty good so far

Can you not get those with the silver sidewalls to match the Mazza? They look really nice! I'm too heavy to run a tire like that on the front, though.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I wasn't interested in seeing if another brand works as well as a Maxxis so i just replaced the back tire with the exact same tire the bullit came with, a new DD minion DHRII on the WTB rim, I duno if its the tire/rim combo or Maxxis is doing it better but that was the easiest tubeless instal eva, easy on the rim, inflated no hassle with a floor pump doing nothing special ( like pumping up a tube), it went on straight no weeping beed no weeping sidewall, all tire instals should go this easy

I put 1300 kms on the original tire, the center tread not much wear but I noticed some side knobs were ripping so its now the spare
    Last edited by XXX-er; 08-10-2022 at 11:36 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I was sad to get a tread puncture on my first day on my Mazza (trail) although I was railing through scree on Monarch Crest... 3 bacon strips.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

It appears vittoria is going to this black sidewall with the red patch on everything, noticed it in some pics from last weekend's world cup.

Anyway, seems fast on dirt but a little buzzy and slower on pavement than mezcal, which, yeah, obviously.

Definitely hooks up better, not dhf grip but seems to be about what I'm looking for as far as weight/rolling resistance/traction for late summer fall when I'm not racing xc anymore and instead am getting out on big rides way out there. Like them more than the rekons that came on my bike. I couldn't handle the weight and slowness of the dhf/aggressor combo I had for awhile. Don't have much to say about durability so far. Also have a tubolight sl insert in the rear. Wheels are 30mm wide, tires measure just about 2.4 exactly. trying like 19/20psi.
    Last edited by jamal; 08-10-2022 at 12:52 PM.

Are Vittoria's e-bike tires equivalent to the normal enduro casing tires + a lightening bolt on the sidewall? Mazza 29x2.4 Enduro is sold out everywhere, but e-bike version is available.

Any reason to move away from magic Mary’s on the enduro bike? I like steep loamy trails but ride all kinds and looking for a new front tire before winter.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    I was sad to get a tread puncture on my first day on my Mazza (trail) although I was railing through scree on Monarch Crest... 3 bacon strips.
    Ach, don't tell me that. Just ordered a Mazza/Syerra combo this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    It was light and had great traction...

LOL

Tires aren't invulnerable. Shit happens on trails with sharp rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Any reason to move away from magic Mary’s on the enduro bike? I like steep loamy trails but ride all kinds and looking for a new front tire before winter.
    I find the MM's to be really good in proper loam and mud, but pretty mediocre as things get dry. I like Minions better for mid-summer conditions.

I ping-ponged my way down Cottonwood near Salida and Fooses and Agate off the Crest this weekend on Mazza/Martello Trail (plus Cushcore XC) with no issues. And I blew up my shock on Agate so was riding that with about 40mm of rear travel and still didn't flat. I don't think the Vittoria Trail casing is quite equivalent to doubledown but they definitely seem better than Exo to me...

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Are Vittoria's e-bike tires equivalent to the normal enduro casing tires + a lightening bolt on the sidewall? Mazza 29x2.4 Enduro is sold out everywhere, but e-bike version is available.
    The rubber is slightly harder on the ebike tires. I can’t tell a difference with the finger squeeze test though

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I ping-ponged my way down Cottonwood near Salida and Fooses and Agate off the Crest this weekend on Mazza/Martello Trail (plus Cushcore XC) with no issues. And I blew up my shock on Agate so was riding that with about 40mm of rear travel and still didn't flat. I don't think the Vittoria Trail casing is quite equivalent to doubledown but they definitely seem better than Exo to me...
    Rode a Mazza with trail casing on the front all last season, including a couple laps of Downieville and a couple days at N* park, and no punctures.

Martello trail rear tore a hole I couldn’t plug on only the second ride. I actually just put it back on after patching it (and putting on some aqua seal for good measure, eh!). Only one ride on that, so we’ll see how it holds up second time around…

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Yeah, I was pretty much kidding, just not what you want to hear when you buy a new tire. Shit happens to all tires.

Better than Exo is plenty good enough for a 150 pound sixty something guy.

I ripped a knob off a DHR less than 100 yds into my first ride on them. Rock gardens happen. Stans was squirting 10 ft in the air. Quite the show, and a nice walk back up to the lift to download saved me from a T-storm that moved in soon after. It was meant to be.

^^ what casing? Exo+ was changed this year and I killed 2 tires in 10 days. A buddy just did the same on the first day out on a brand new tire.

So new EXO+ may suck? Are the current EXO+ tires lighter than the "old" ones?

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/maxxis...struction.html

Here are the changes, I sent mine in for warranty and maxxis is looking at them. I’d encourage anyone else who have had failures (mine were both at the side nob/lug) to submit a warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/maxxis...struction.html

Here are the changes, I sent mine in for warranty and maxxis is looking at them. I’d encourage anyone else who have had failures (mine were both at the side nob/lug) to submit a warranty.

Interesting thank you