Page 99 of 165 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 4109
    Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Can't compare with the Enduro, but I like the WR2 as a front.
    Me too. I put worn ones out back. I have two brand new Magi-X on the shelf that, when gone, will probably be the end of the WR2's. Forever. It makes me sad...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Me too. I put worn ones out back. I have two brand new Magi-X on the shelf that, when gone, will probably be the end of the WR2's. Forever. It makes me sad...
    Yeah I thought the same two years back and stockpiled a few, but then they rereleased it as the Enduro Rock'R2. You never know.

Anyway I guess I'll buy one or two even just for a backup plan in case Enduro Fronts don't come back in stock. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    Yeah I thought the same two years back and stockpiled a few, but then they rereleased it as the Enduro Rock'R2. You never know.
    Those are the ones I purchased just last year. However, there is no mention of Rock'R2 anything on their website any more.

I shall maintain cautious optimism that the tread will live on... but I'm not overly optimistic.

Id put the rockr2 up front and a dh 34 bike park casing on the rear. Dh34 bp is similar weight and design to the rockr2. 34 has a bit more space between the knobs but not too much space like the wild enduro. Center knobs on the 34 are ramped so it rolls faster than the rockr2 as well. Perfect combo in that weight class

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Id put the rockr2 up front and a dh 34 bike park casing on the rear. Dh34 bp is similar weight and design to the rockr2. 34 has a bit more space between the knobs but not too much space like the wild enduro. Center knobs on the 34 are ramped so it rolls faster than the rockr2 as well. Perfect combo in that weight class
    DH34 Bike Park is 100g heavier: 1290g says Michelin's website, for both 27.5 and 29". Looks like for all tyres they list the 29" weight for both sizes. WR2 isn't there any more (noooooooo ) but my 29 here weighs 1190g. Only 100g difference, but WR2 with CushCore has been burly enough for me lately so I'll stick with it for now (actually trying Tannus Tubeless on this new build to see how it compares). A guide friend runs the DH34 Bike Park rear with ProCore as a bombproof setup and likes it, plus they're very cheap over here so it's an option for the future if I want.

I ordered a couple of the WR2 Magi-X plus a couple of the new Wild AM2 out of curiosity and to have on standby. I tried an Enduro Rear once - shredded its side knobs pretty quickly and thought it sucked after the two week honeymoon period and two other local friends had the exact same experience. The AM2 might be the same but let's see. If WR2 Gum-X or Enduro Front Gum-X come back in stock those will be my preference for the rear and I'll sell the AM2s, or just hoard them in case supply rumours turn out to be true.

Also just saw that the Enduro Front and Rear now come in "Racing Line" DH weight. 29" only, Magi-X only, 1400g.

New Season, New Tires, New Thread

Just picked up another Dissector 2.4 29 as a rear. Very impressed last season with it. Light ish. Rolls fast. Hooks up. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Just picked up another Dissector 2.4 29 as a rear. Very impressed last season with it. Light ish. Rolls fast. Hooks up. Love it.
    I just switched from a 27.5x2.4 dhr2 to a 27.5x2.4 dissector, I like it as well.

SCHWALBE UPDATE

Fool me once.., fool me twice..,
    Yea I know, me too.
    However...

After being promised, year after year, that the new compound will fix everything (you know, kind of like Avid brakes), they finally delivered. Yes, I kid you not.
    A love of how the Magic Mary/Rock Razor DH tires worked got me to give the trail versions a try last season.
    Results were another fail. The MM worked very well but the lighter RR's knobs shed like a Husky in July.
    Called Schwalbe and they admitted to this problem and after a great discussion with the rep, he sent me a Nobby Nic in the (brand new at the time) "Super" version. Say what you want about Schwalbe, but they do have the best customer service in the industry. Phone even gets answered by real people.
    I even went with the lighter weight "Super Ground" version and the results are amazing. Three months of riding northern New Mexico's sharp rocky, technical trails and it literally looks like new. Not only intact knobs but literally no visible wear. You know that horrible popping sound when your rear tire goes through a sharp rocky notch, the one where it seems like you can feel the knobs shooting off?
    Nothing, still intact and perfect.
    Good things do come to those who wait.
    Last edited by Roxtar; 03-29-2021 at 10:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I just switched from a 27.5x2.4 dhr2 to a 27.5x2.4 dissector, I like it as well.
    Was looking at dissector vs DHR II and weight was significantly more for the DHF. It was brown casing so maybe more burly. It had More knobby look as well. Have high roller as stock but not as grippy as I like. I will trade some up for grip on the way down.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Was looking at dissector vs DHR II and weight was significantly more for the DHF. It was brown casing so maybe more burly. It had More knobby look as well. Have high roller as stock but not as grippy as I like. I will trade some up for grip on the way down.

DHR IIs are a little heavier, comparing apples to apples, but it's not a whole lot. Something like 40-50g IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post

it seems to roll better than a DHR and have better grip in corners, maybe less braking grip.

I'm on a big travel bike, so weight isn't the biggest concern honestly. Would like to go Assegai front after trying a couple bikes with that tire, it's impressively grippy.

Got my Wild Rock'R2 Magi-X today - will be going on the front of my new bike if Enduro Fronts don't come back in stock.

Wild AM2 also. 1004g for 29x2.4, so lighter than the advertised 1040g, and the casing feels noticeably thinner than the WR2. Side knobs a little smaller than the WR2, similar to the Enduro Rear from memory, and I shredded those quickly. Probably perfect for a lighter rider on smoother terrain but I'm not sure if they'll be enough for me so they'll stay as backups for until I see what else comes available.

pretty psyched on the Mezcal for a faster rolling xc tire after one whole day on perfect dirt. MUCH less annoying on the city roads to/from the trail too. we will see how they hold up in SLC midsummer moondust

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    we will see how they hold up in SLC midsummer moondust
    Probably no worse than any other tire does on that shit. SLC has as dust on crust problem but it's definitely not a winter thing
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Hans Dampf 29 2.6 F/R right now, Rock Razor Rear, HD 2.6 front (magic mary for if it gets wet or super moondusty). I've been very happy with the schwalbe offerings recently, Haven't had maxxis on my bike in two years now.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Wild Rock'R2 pretty much confirmed as discontinued. I had one on backorder from my favourite German shop and they told me today they won't be getting more in stock . I asked for a DH34 Bike Park instead, good to have options.

So I'll start my new build with the one WR2 I do have on the rear as a baseline, probably try an AM2 next to see if it holds up, and then the DH34 Bike Park if I want something burlier. Tannus Tubeless rear too, first time trying anything except CushCore. I won't be trying the Enduro Rear again but might put a Gum-X Enduro Front on the rear when they're available. I'm currently on a pair of Enduro Front Magi-X (both part-worn), am liking it on the rear especially creeping into steep lines. Road climbing isn't terrible and clawing up steep climb trails is good.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    pretty psyched on the Mezcal for a faster rolling xc tire after one whole day on perfect dirt. MUCH less annoying on the city roads to/from the trail too. we will see how they hold up in SLC midsummer moondust
    Mezcal on both ends?

Not really stoked on my dissector today, I simply can’t put my finger on why...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1572D4CB-5F06-4D50-88E4-FEB3E8457F49.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	802.4 KB 
ID:	370001
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Not really stoked on my dissector today, I simply can’t put my finger on why...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1572D4CB-5F06-4D50-88E4-FEB3E8457F49.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	802.4 KB 
ID:	370001
    I’ve been saying all along, there is a reason this tire is marketed for dry conditions!!

Also, that looks cakey enough where I’m not sure a Butcher would clear it either ... but that’s a front and rear tire I use here in shoulder seasons to clear wet clay-mix soils. I wonder if the DHR could clear that but I doubt it, my DHF always looked like that in similar conditions. The Hillbilly would definitely clear that shit, which I run here in full on winter, and I’m sure the Shorty would have no problems clearing that muck.

Is it HAB who is the Dirty Dan fan in this thread?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Mezcal on both ends?
    ya, the 2.35s

Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    DH34 Bike Park is 100g heavier: 1290g says Michelin's website, for both 27.5 and 29". Looks like for all tyres they list the 29" weight for both sizes. WR2 isn't there any more (noooooooo ) but my 29 here weighs 1190g. Only 100g difference, but WR2 with CushCore has been burly enough for me lately so I'll stick with it for now (actually trying Tannus Tubeless on this new build to see how it compares). A guide friend runs the DH34 Bike Park rear with ProCore as a bombproof setup and likes it, plus they're very cheap over here so it's an option for the future if I want.

I ordered a couple of the WR2 Magi-X plus a couple of the new Wild AM2 out of curiosity and to have on standby. I tried an Enduro Rear once - shredded its side knobs pretty quickly and thought it sucked after the two week honeymoon period and two other local friends had the exact same experience. The AM2 might be the same but let's see. If WR2 Gum-X or Enduro Front Gum-X come back in stock those will be my preference for the rear and I'll sell the AM2s, or just hoard them in case supply rumours turn out to be true.

Also just saw that the Enduro Front and Rear now come in "Racing Line" DH weight. 29" only, Magi-X only, 1400g.
    Ya im with ya on all that. Wr2 is the best. Dh34 is great though and does roll faster so that might make up the 100g weight penalty.
    Interested to here how the am2 works for you if thats the one with the dh34 tread pattern in a 2.6 with lighter casing. Thought i might try those 2 new tires on my enduro bike on the lighter wheelset.
    I had ewilds and they were just ok. Basically a 2.6 version of the wild enduro front. They have better tires so no need for those. Im not into intermediaye knob tires and i think the side knobs could be closer together for a more edgy front tire. Same as you with the enduro rear. It eas nice having the exyra rolling speed but it ran out of traction on our syeep trails and the chicken wire on the bridges sealed their fate.

Anyone have any recommendations for less expensive 27.5 dh rear tires in a 2.4 or 2.5? Hoping to get something that wears well for tge bike park
    Commencal canada has 59cad vee rubber dh tires . I had 2 in my cart but $58 shipping from squamish to revy axed that plan

You can watch the build or just start at 4:20.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Is it HAB who is the Dirty Dan fan in this thread?
    Yes. I'm in the PNW, so not much peanut butter glop like rideit just posted, but what makes them amazing for our conditions is the combo of working great in wet, soft soil while also being pretty decent on wet roots. The problem with a lot of spiky tires that do the former well is that they're a squirmy mess on the latter.

I just got a couple of the new Shorty to try, but conditions don't really merit them right now so I haven't ridden them yet.

New Season, New Tires, New Thread

Technically I’m in the PNW too ... but the difference down here is that while the east side of the Willamette Valley is that famous world class high traction, fir-needle topped, soft when wet loam derived from old growth forests and eroded Western Cascades - presumably the same stuff you guys have up there? - the west side and basin of the Valley are comprised of rich clay deposits mixed with some silt and sand - the kind that when wet turns a DHF into an orange balloon resembling rideit’s Dissector above.

The Butcher was an aggressive DHF-like tire I found that could work well on both sides of the valley in dry and moist conditions ... but I also found its main weakness to be wet roots ... hence my adopting the Hillbilly up front during wet season.

The Conti Der Baron Projekt has a reputation for working well in PNW conditions and gripping wet roots, something I’d like to try, but I’ve grown to really like the 2.6 front and back on my rainy season hardtail - and it only comes in 2.4 I think - so I’ll probably just stick to Hillbilly 2.6 front/back for that.

In 2 months I’m finally gonna get to test that Vitoria Mazza 2.4 up front on my summer bike and see how it compares to the DHF and Butcher, looking forward to it!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell