Page 58 of 165 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 4109
    I just did my first ride with a Dissector 2.4 Max Terra on the front. My first impressions are that this tire has excellent corning grip, rolls quickly, and is more playful than bigger 2.6 tires. Compared with the Hans Dampf 2, it has significantly better cornering ability, better braking, and it isn't any slower on the uphills - exactly what I was looking for. I have another for the rear, which I'm going to throw on this weekend. I think this is going to be a very popular tire for Maxxis.

Anyone have any experience with a Rekon for an xc/trail bike?
    This product manager's impressions of it has me a little intrigued for something faster rolling.

https://nsmb.com/articles/ask-uncle-...-tires-maxxis/

Sorry if this has been covered.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I just did my first ride with a Dissector 2.4 Max Terra on the front. My first impressions are that this tire has excellent corning grip, rolls quickly, and is more playful than bigger 2.6 tires. Compared with the Hans Dampf 2, it has significantly better cornering ability, better braking, and it isn't any slower on the uphills - exactly what I was looking for. I have another for the rear, which I'm going to throw on this weekend. I think this is going to be a very popular tire for Maxxis.
    It looks like a great tire for here. I might try one as my next rear after I blow up the aggressor.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Maybe, but the way he slams the Ardent is refreshing.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by sar13 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with a Rekon for an xc/trail bike?
    I've been using a Rekon 2.6 3C maxxterra on the front and an Ardent Race 2.35 3C maxxspeed on the back of my Hightower since late last summer (29mm ID rims). The 2.6 Rekon measures close to 2.5 and Ardent Race 2.35 measures a bit over 2.4, so they are actually pretty close in size. I've had them all over UT and a couple rides in southwest MT. Usage has been trail, xc, all-mountain (whatever you want to call it). It's a fairly light, fast rolling combo. I haven't had any issues with durability. I came off a 2.3 DHF on 23mm ID rims, so it's quite a change all around.

The Rekon feels a little vague at times (mostly on loose over hard). I wonder is some of it is due to the large size and smallish soft knobs. Just doesn't seem to bite very well. It sort of drifts a little bit after initiating a turn. I find braking to be very good on most surfaces. Perhaps due to the sharp knobs and decent compound of the maxxterra. I think it's great tire on anything that's not too aggressive. I'm wondering if it would be a better back tire, but not in the 2.6 size.

I would say it's a good aggressive XC tire, but I think the smaller size 2.4 might be better/more precise. And if it's the rear, I might lean towards the Rekon race. All that said, if I decide I don't mind a little extra weight, I'll might try the Dissector next.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Maybe, but the way he slams the Ardent is refreshing.
    " Compound: from single to dual or dual to triple. Above all else, our rubber is what sets us apart from the competition and also what can have the greatest impact on performance. "

interesting ^^ its all about the rubber ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Anyone ever try an Onza Aquila? A friend recommended to me after I put a hole in my doubledown DHR II last night.

I'm really only familiar with Maxxis stuff, how does it compare in terms or durability, grip, etc.? I'd be looking at the 27.5" x 2.4" FRC version and using it as a rear, paired with either an Assguy or DHF in the front (because I already have those).

I had one. Only tried it as a rear tire. Good tire. Lots of traction. Id call it similar to a high roller with more supportive side knobs. Cheng shin make those as well as maxxis. I had the en/fr which is essentially a double down. Good tire, still not a michelin though

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

^^^ was going to say that it's just another flavor of maxxis.

eta: I liked it fine. Probably couldn't have told the difference in a blind taste test.
    Last edited by Ted Striker; 09-11-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Ya definetly. I did likre it. I should have said, in my high roller comparison, it doesnt roll as fast as a hr but it has a similar tread depth just not as ramped on the center knobs but great traction up/down. Probably find good discount on them because it doesnt say maxxis on the sidewall so it might be worth it if youre after traction more than fast rolling

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Ya definetly. I did likre it. I should have said, in my high roller comparison, it doesnt roll as fast as a hr but it has a similar tread depth just not as ramped on the center knobs but great traction up/down. Probably find good discount on them because it doesnt say maxxis on the sidewall so it might be worth it if youre after traction more than fast rolling

Or he could get, you know... a Wild Rock'R2.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Or he could get, you know... a Wild Rock'R2.

Haa i have a fresh one too. Running the mulletude so have a rockr 2 magicX 29er so selling the 27.5. Funny enough, posted dhf 2.5 exo 9er, dhr exo 27.5 in a 2.3 and 2.8 and the rockr2 27.5 magicX and one guy bought all 3 maxxis and left the rockr. Took the dough, didnt have the heart to tell him hes behind the times

Haa i have a fresh one too. Running the mulletude so have a rockr 2 magicX 29er so selling the 27.5. Funny enough, posted dhf 2.5 exo 9er, dhr exo 27.5 in a 2.3 and 2.8 and the rockr2 27.5 magicX and one guy bought all 3 maxxis and left the rockr. Took the dough, didnt have the heart to tell him hes behind the times

How much you want for that Magi-X rock'r2?

How much you want for that Magi-X rock'r2?
    I had 60cad on it but obviously cheaper 4 u but doubt its worth it to mail it to you south of the border. No harm in checking shipping , i guess , or drop by

I had 60cad on it but obviously cheaper 4 u but doubt its worth it to mail it to you south of the border. No harm in checking shipping , i guess , or drop by

Yeah... you're probably right. I can get brand new shipped to me for less than 50USD, so probably won't make sense.

WTF is wrong with the guy that bought all the Maxxis??

Yeah... you're probably right. I can get brand new shipped to me for less than 50USD, so probably won't make sense.

WTF is wrong with the guy that bought all the Maxxis??
    Ya exo too/sad

Ya exo too/sad

I'm surprised that the sidewalls didn't rip when he picked them up.

Gave him the 50/50 warrantee. 50 ft or 50 minutes. Mightve been a close one

Looking for something a little lighter and a bit faster rolling for my lady than the oem high roller II on her trance.
    CO rockies, lot of dry hardpack, loose over firm, throw in some rocks and roots etc. She’s not super aggressive and not ripping downhills at super high speed but looking for confidence that tire not going to washout on her.
    Currently considering Ardent front, Rekon rear.
    Any better ideas/options?

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Looking for something a little lighter and a bit faster rolling for my lady than the oem high roller II on her trance.
    CO rockies, lot of dry hardpack, loose over firm, throw in some rocks and roots etc. She’s not super aggressive and not ripping downhills at super high speed but looking for confidence that tire not going to washout on her.
    You'd better decide if less weight/faster rolling or grip are more important.

For the record: those OEM HR2's suck for CO conditions. And it's the fault of the rubber compound.

You'd better decide if less weight/faster rolling or grip are more important.

For the record: those OEM HR2's suck for CO conditions. And it's the fault of the rubber compound.
    Yup - tire choice is all about compromise but I’m thinking there has to be a compromise that works better for her. If i have to try categorize her riding and what we’re looking for it’d be beefy xc rather than burly enduro.

Interesting comment on the hr2 - the oe tire doesn’t line up with any of the specs on maxxis website (27.5x2.4 exo/tr) so i figured its a oem custom - i presume therefore its just basic single rubber compound?? And havent pulled one to check but i also presume its fairly heavy

Yup - tire choice is all about compromise but I’m thinking there has to be a compromise that works better for her. If i have to try categorize her riding and what we’re looking for it’d be beefy xc rather than burly enduro.
    I suspect if she's not really aggressive... it's not going to actually matter much. Get her the *lightweight* black one with knobs.

Oh - and in CO loose-over-hard, washouts will *always* be a threat. No matter the tire. Except the Wild Rock'R2.

Aggressor. Faster rolling than the HR2, but very close to the same amount of cornering grip.
    Ardent and Rekon are faster rolling yet, but come with a significant loss of grip.

Oh - and in CO loose-over-hard, washouts will *always* be a threat. No matter the tire. Except the Wild Rock'R2.
    I know you're anti-Maxxis tires, but the Assegai also pretty much solves this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    <snip>
    I know you're anti-Maxxis tires, but the Assegai also pretty much solves this problem.
    Not so much anti-Maxxis... as pro-WR2.

I suspect I'll end up with a DD DHR2 at some point... when the supply of WR2's runs out.