Page 103 of 166 FirstFirst ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 4150
    Forekaster 2.35 front, Ikon 2.35 rear, for New England singletrack. I don't like the Ikon much as a front tire, but in the rear, it's perfect - it has great forward traction. Forekaster is predictable in loose-over-hard and clears mud/snow pretty well. I like it alittle better than the Ardent Race 2.35. Forkaster 2.35 has a smaller casing (its measure 2.35 at the knobs) than the Ikon and Ardent Race, so I might try it in 2.6 size.

r2 https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/pro...k-front-magi-x

It doesn't look like my ideal tread as I tend to prefer some transition knobs but should match well with the DHF I have up front right now and have more grip that the totally worn out hans damf it is replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    r2 https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/pro...k-front-magi-x

It doesn't look like my ideal tread as I tend to prefer some transition knobs but should match well with the DHF I have up front right now and have more grip that the totally worn out hans damf it is replacing.
    You should put that Rock'R2 up front. Give it a go... I think you'll like it. Maybe.

I was going to say that. Its very minionesque and even slightly better in the corners. The minion rolls a bit better so might be better on the back.
    Weight listing checks out that its the good one. If its pretty much as wide as a 2.5 minion that would also point to it being the right one as well.Hope that pans out for you. I cant wait to put mine back on the front of my enduro bike

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

My dhf is an exo which won’t survive the rocks here under my smashing. Otherwise I would rotate.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    My dhf is an exo which won’t survive the rocks here under my smashing. Otherwise I would rotate.
    Should have gotten two Rock'R2's.

Dug through the thread and didn't see too much...any standouts in the "downcountry" tire realm these days?

Pretty happy with an Assagai up front, and a Minion SS or DHF on the back depending on conditions on my big bike, but am building up a Spur and trying to figure out tires.

Want low enough rolling resistance and weight that it feels significantly snappier than the Enduro, should be fine with Exo or similar casing. Might go Dissector front/Minion SS rear?

^^I’m starting with dissector f/ rekon r on my Ranger. Mostly because that’s what spur and ranger are spec’d with so maybe it’s good? And I just got a Mezcal/Barzo for something different to try

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Dug through the thread and didn't see too much...any standouts in the "downcountry" tire realm these days?

Pretty happy with an Assagai up front, and a Minion SS or DHF on the back depending on conditions on my big bike, but am building up a Spur and trying to figure out tires.

Want low enough rolling resistance and weight that it feels significantly snappier than the Enduro, should be fine with Exo or similar casing. Might go Dissector front/Minion SS rear?
    Also building a spur. I'm going dhf front, aggressor rear, because everytime I put lesser tires on a bike I just kinda hate it. As a minor compromise, I think I'll make the front dhf a 2.3.

My buddy just built up an Epic EVO, with a SID and such. Geo looks close to the Spur, but not quite the as slack. He did 2 rides on XC tires and is going to DHF & Dissector because he decided he didn't like almost dieing when he rode it on the same trails he normally rides his enduro bike on.

I put a 2.3 dhf on the front of my hei hei pretty shortly after I got it because I sliced open a stock rekon. Then sliced the other one and put a nobby nic I had on the back. I definitely notice the extra weight and rolling resistance but having actual grip on the way down is kind of nice. But I'm looking for something just a little lighter and faster rolling as more every day trail tires.

I ordered a racing ray/ralph combo for it in 2.35 because I might try xc racing it instead of my beat to shit hardtail. Not sure what I'll do after that, maybe try just a nobby nic up front or something.

Also waiting for some carbon cranks to come back in stock (x01 seems a good compromise between the heavier gx or truvativ cranks and xx1). Thinking about fancy wheels and cassette too which will get it down to a much better spot. With xc tires and new cranks it could possibly be under 27lbs. Which... still doesn't really cut it for a race bike.
    Last edited by jamal; 04-09-2021 at 08:22 PM.

Just recieved some 27.5 schwalbe big betty 2.4's in the super dh casing, addix super soft compound. Carpal tunnel from typing the name happening now. 1280g and foldable. Bit tighter tread pattern than a dh34 and a dhr2, but similar pattern. Same width as a 2.4 dh34.Every 2nd center knob gets a little close to the aggressive edge knobsedge knobs. Looks like a good rear design but maybe not enough of a channel between center and side knobs. Centers are ramped for rolling and squared for braking on the following edge. They look right. Testing soon!!

What is the advantage of foldable if they are nearly 1300 grams?
    Serious Q here, I don’t know.
    More ‘supple’ casings?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Also building a spur. I'm going dhf front, aggressor rear, because everytime I put lesser tires on a bike I just kinda hate it.
    So much this. ^^^^^^
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    More ‘supple’ casings?
    Not sure about schwalbe, but at least with Maxxis, they barely even make wire bead tires anymore. Almost all of their DH casing tires are foldable these days.

I don't think maxxis' wire bead tires are technically rated for tubeless use. They usually setup tubeless just fine, but the seal at the bead isn't quite as tight - they burp easier. I'm assuming the foldable bead is easier to shape more precisely to get a good bead lock with tubeless compatible rims.

Thanks, good explanation.

Ya i had no idea, new to me. Makes sense. Casing feels pretty burly. We'll see how that holds up, and the soft rubber. Picked up a 27.5 hope evo pro4/hope fortus 26 with micro spline rear wheel to mulletize my meta tr so i have one of those big bettys on the rear of the meta and my decoy. Give them a try. I liked the look of the tread pattern. Nice being able to run dh weight tires on the E because E

They popped on the fortus 26 rims super ez. Stoked! Put a tube in to set up the stans tape well before i put the liner in tubeless

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    I put a 2.3 dhf on the front of my hei hei pretty shortly after I got it because I sliced open a stock rekon. Then sliced the other one and put a nobby nic I had on the back. I definitely notice the extra weight and rolling resistance but having actual grip on the way down is kind of nice. But I'm looking for something just a little lighter and faster rolling as more every day trail tires.

I ordered a racing ray/ralph combo for it in 2.35 because I might try xc racing it instead of my beat to shit hardtail. Not sure what I'll do after that, maybe try just a nobby nic up front or something.

Also waiting for some carbon cranks to come back in stock (x01 seems a good compromise between the heavier gx or truvativ cranks and xx1). Thinking about fancy wheels and cassette too which will get it down to a much better spot. With xc tires and new cranks it could possibly be under 27lbs. Which... still doesn't really cut it for a race bike.
    That's super light for a trail bike. New Nobby Nick design looks nice. Can you get Schwalbes that don't disintegrate right away and that also don't way 1300g?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

More ‘supple’ casings?
    Wire bead is only avail in their Performance line.
    Unless they've changed, Schwalbe's Performance line is not tubeless compatible. I know because Schwalbe told me so after I blew a friend's tire of the rim when he asked me to seat it.
    Damn near broke my thumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

That's super light for a trail bike. New Nobby Nick design looks nice. Can you get Schwalbes that don't disintegrate right away and that also don't way 1300g?
    I've been enjoying the 2.35 Nobby Nic EVO as a front for the last few hundred miles. It's holding up pretty well, considering a bunch of those miles were at Bootleg and Gooseberry. It feels like a mini Assegai, but it's around 900g, IIRC. The 2.5 Assegai it replaced was 1150, I think.

Of course, I don't habitually destroy tires, so YMMV.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Just recieved some 27.5 schwalbe big betty 2.4's in the super dh casing, addix super soft compound. Carpal tunnel from typing the name happening now. 1280g and foldable. Bit tighter tread pattern than a dh34 and a dhr2, but similar pattern. Same width as a 2.4 dh34.Every 2nd center knob gets a little close to the aggressive edge knobsedge knobs. Looks like a good rear design but maybe not enough of a channel between center and side knobs. Centers are ramped for rolling and squared for braking on the following edge. They look right. Testing soon!!

I have been using this a rear paired with a Magic Mary. I am super stoked, It rolls amazing for as serious of a tire it is. The new Schwalbe's are legit.

More ‘supple’ casings?
    Anything tubeless ready will have a foldable bead. They need the pliability to seal up. Most of the weight in chunky tires is the rubber.

Super Trails are around 1100g. I cut anything from any brand that weighs less than that it seems. I run a 2.6/2.35 on the trail HT and have been happy so far. it gives up a little to the Big Betty, Magic Mary combo but that was to be expected.

If you want a lighter option Check out the Grid/Trail Specialized Eliminator. I had to run BLKDMND casing to achieve the durability I wanted though. Even then I cut one 3 rides in, SBC gave a new one though.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    I have been using this a rear paired with a Magic Mary. I am super stoked, It rolls amazing for as serious of a tire it is. The new Schwalbe's are legit.

Anything tubeless ready will have a foldable bead. They need the pliability to seal up. Most of the weight in chunky tires is the rubber.

Super Trails are around 1100g. I cut anything from any brand that weighs less than that it seems. I run a 2.6/2.35 on the trail HT and have been happy so far. it gives up a little to the Big Betty, Magic Mary combo but that was to be expected.

If you want a lighter option Check out the Grid/Trail Specialized Eliminator. I had to run BLKDMND casing to achieve the durability I wanted though. Even then I cut one 3 rides in, SBC gave a new one though.
    I liked the MM i had a few years ago. The 2.6 was big. Great in steep loose like we have here. I could use that on the heavy bike. Nice to hear their new tires are working well.
    Maybe im mistaken, i think my dh casing Mich dh34 has a wire bead and is tubeless. If they had a 2.6 i'd buy it, hence the schwalbe trial. If the casing doesnt puncture and rubber wear isnt excessive , schwalbe has great options for treads, size, and weights. They can be found at decent prices too

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    Wire bead is only avail in their Performance line.
    Unless they've changed, Schwalbe's Performance line is not tubeless compatible. I know because Schwalbe told me so after I blew a friend's tire of the rim when he asked me to seat it.
    Damn near broke my thumb.
    They've had tubeless ready versions of the performance line tires for a few years now, it's what i went with on my hardtail because I didn't want to buy $92 tires. I was pretty happy with the $62 version of the racing ralph and then that's the nobby nic I have as well. Heavier and less supple and not as soft of rubber, but on the plus side, more durable and lasts longer and cheaper.

The racing ray/ralphs I have coming are the fancy ones though.

Good to know on the NN's.
    Kidwoo was right, Spesh makes a good tire, then ruins it. Butcher/Slaughter combo was money, but then they had to go and make it complicated. Why does the Butcher have no ramps? Did they lower the block height? It looks like a boat anchor right now.
    Will report back on e13.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.