Page 160 of 162 FirstFirst ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 4037
    Quote Originally Posted by MarsB View Post
    PSA - Assegai 29" 2.5 3C EXO+ oem specials on Jenson for $45
    Ty

I believe Colorado Cyclist still has some cheap OEM Maxxis as well.

New Season, New Tires, New Thread

Where are people buying burly grippy tires right now?
    To clarify, Iím picky and not looking for a $30 grey market take off OEM fingers crossed on the casing and grip Door Prize tire.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

I can double check if it was white logo or yellow logo, but I stocked up a bit on double down maxterra 2.4 dhrs from planet cycerly for a little under 40. Again, canít remember if it is oem but they were very clear on the casing and compound.

QUOTE=jm2e;6972111]Where are people buying burly grippy tires right now?
    To clarify, Iím picky and not looking for a $30 grey market take off OEM fingers crossed on the casing and grip Door Prize tire.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums[/QUOTE]

Never had an issue with a Maxxis OEM tire before. Spent the savings on beer.

Yep. $30 Exo+ Ass Guys and DD DHRIIs are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Never had an issue with a Maxxis OEM tire before. Spent the savings on beer.
    Same. Currently running OEM Dissector/Rekon on my Genius, only discernible difference is the white logo.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Two questions
    1. Are OEM Maxxis all Maxxterra?
    2. What’s the grip and speed difference for Maxxterra vs. MaxxGrip for the Assegei?

My MaxxGrip Assegei is comically slow.

I haven't ridden the Maxx grip but I would call the max terra ass guy comically slow, so... It sure does find traction wherever though. I've given up on riding fast on my trail bike: I just have more fun with big tires. I can use the gravel bike with 50s to go fast.
    Last edited by climberevan; 11-25-2023 at 08:23 PM.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I haven't ridden the Maxx grip but the I would call the max terra ass guy comically slow, so... It sure does fine traction wherever though. I've given up on riding fast on my trail bike so I just have more fun with big tires. I can use the gravel bike with 50s to go fast.
    I need to adopt this frame of mind. Took a break from assguy in front due to the drag and now I miss that sweet predictable traction.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    Two questions
    1. Are OEM Maxxis all Maxxterra?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I haven't ridden the Maxx grip but the I would call the max terra ass guy comically slow, so... It sure does fine traction wherever though. I've given up on riding fast on my trail bike so I just have more fun with big tires. I can use the gravel bike with 50s to go fast.
    It’s a bit embarrassing when free-wheeling on single track and I’m holding up the group. It’s great on steeper / more technical terrain, but anything where you need to carry a little speed and I’m over constantly thinking I’m riding into a headwind.

I wouldnít mind OEM tires. But the places I see selling them are very vague about what youíre getting. Planet Cycelry is a great example. Their adds for retail package tires tell you exactly what tire youíre buying.
    Their OEM adds do not specify MaxxTerra or MaxxGrip. Those are two completely different things and whichever one you want, youíll be disappointed if the other one arrives.
    I will never use a MaxxTerra front when I have the option of using a MaxxGip. I ride steep and wet trails and I am not very good. I ride with a lot of fear and anot so sticky tire will ruin my confidence for weeks.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I wouldn’t mind OEM tires. But the places I see selling them are very vague about what you’re getting. Planet Cycelry is a great example. Their adds for retail package tires tell you exactly what tire you’re buying.
    Their OEM adds do not specify MaxxTerra or MaxxGrip. Those are two completely different things and whichever one you want, you’ll be disappointed if the other one arrives.
    I will never use a MaxxTerra front when I have the option of using a MaxxGip. I ride steep and wet trails and I am not very good. I ride with a lot of fear and anot so sticky tire will ruin my confidence for weeks.
    Understandable concern. When I bought from Colorado Cyclist (same as Planet Cyclery) last month, I simply sent them an email to confirm specs. I heard back within 24 hrs.

That said, I doubt any of these cheap OEM 3C options are MaxxGrip and them seem to rarely show up on factory builds. But couldn’t hurt to send them a message.

^yeah, I don't know who is spec'ing a factory build with maxgrip

The OEM High Rollers that came on my bike were Dual Compound. Those tires sucked.

^yeah, I don't know who is spec'ing a factory build with maxgrip
    Ibis, and it is dumbÖ. From the product shots, looks like they still are on the updated ripmo.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    The OEM High Rollers that came on my bike were Dual Compound. Those tires sucked.
    Yea, that's my worst case scenario.
    I also only ride DD and DH, and those aren't getting pulled off many OEM builds either.
    Which gets me back to the question: Who's got Black Firday/Cyber Monday/Whateverthefuck prices on burly MTB tires? Probably noone in particular.

OEM is Maxxterra which I assumed. Well worth the cost for me.

OEM is Maxxterra which I assumed. Well worth the cost for me.
    All Maxxis tire compounds are spec'd OEM. Just depends on the bicycle manufacturer and the intended use of the model.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    All Maxxis tire compounds are spec'd OEM. Just depends on the bicycle manufacturer and the intended use of the model.
    Yeah, I know. Was phrased wrong. The OEM Jensen was selling was the maxxterra

Confirmed 2.5 WT 3C Maxx-Terra EXO+ TR, white label. Grabbed a couple Assegai, and a couple 2.4 Dissectors in same spec except standard EXO, not "+". Personally, not convinced the "+" are better anyway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0824.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	650.9 KB 
ID:	477959
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

OK, so how does one get a tire at the sale price listed on Specialized's website? The ebike needs a new rear (29x2.6), and the best deal I could find is an Eliminator BLCK DMND 2Bliss Ready marked down to $31.99 from the original $70. Yeah, I know they've moved on to a different naming convention for compound and carcass, but it's not that old. If they list it, it must be in stock, right? But none of the shops carrying it on their websites have gotten the word it's on sale. Do I need to go through a LBS with a Specialized account and have them order it?

I am loving the Argotals way more than I expected. Naturally as soon as I mounted them, it stopped raining, so most of my rides have actually been in the dry. But they are just stellar anywhere where there's loose over hard. The side knobs are very confidence inspiring. I'm finding myself hitting corners I know really well way faster because I know they will always hook up. Flat corners and off camber are noticeably easier too. This has just been on my ebike so far, so I can't speak to how slow they roll (I assume slow), but I'm going to mount one up front on the new wheels going on my real bike next week.

Quote Originally Posted by NuMexJoe View Post
    OK, so how does one get a tire at the sale price listed on Specialized's website? The ebike needs a new rear (29x2.6), and the best deal I could find is an Eliminator BLCK DMND 2Bliss Ready marked down to $31.99 from the original $70. Yeah, I know they've moved on to a different naming convention for compound and carcass, but it's not that old. If they list it, it must be in stock, right? But none of the shops carrying it on their websites have gotten the word it's on sale. Do I need to go through a LBS with a Specialized account and have them order it?
    Can you not just buy it directly from the specialized website?