Page 41 of 166 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 4146
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Assegai 2.5 WT 3C DD
    So damn heavy though. Heavier than my Shorty 2.5 WT DD I think.

I definitely don't think I need DD casing in the front. I weight like 145-150#. DD and DH tires seem overkill for me....at least on the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    So damn heavy though. Heavier than my Shorty 2.5 WT DD I think.

I definitely don't think I need DD casing in the front. I weight like 145-150#. DD and DH tires seem overkill for me....at least on the front.
    Yeah - DD casing is probably overkill for a front. The AssGuy comes in an EXO 3c 2.5WT as well. Right around 1000g.

1000g is on par with the DHF. I'm concerned with the shedding abilities though. Anyone run one in sticky peanut butter?

https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/We...e-Assegai,2301

1000g is on par with the DHF. I'm concerned with the shedding abilities though. Anyone run one in sticky peanut butter?

https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/We...e-Assegai,2301
    Nothing works in sticky peanut butter that I've ever seen. Except perhaps tires with NO tread in the center. But those tires are, generally speaking, pretty useless.

Any of the Schwalbes worth looking at? Probably have to run a 2.6" though for my wide rims. My only experience with them is a rock razor in the rear which is fast as hell, but drifty. I know people love the magic mary and hans up front though.

- I need something in between a DHF and Shorty that is also optimized for wide ass rims. Also, has to be available in a most shops since I don't have time to order anything.
    Don't know about availability, but the EXO Shorty Maxx Terra seems like the obvious option. 965 grams in 27.5x2.5WT.
    https://www.jensonusa.com/Maxxis-Sho...ExoTr-275-Tire

Maybe consider getting some rims that aren't retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    Don't know about availability, but the EXO Shorty Maxx Terra seems like the obvious option. 965 grams in 27.5x2.5WT.
    https://www.jensonusa.com/Maxxis-Sho...ExoTr-275-Tire
    Seems like the obvious choice.

I was perusing the BTI catalog and that model doesn't even show up... weird.

Weight aside, the Shorty center knobs are so square edged that when climbing or on anything remotely hard you can feel every single knob. It's like riding a bike with a tractor tire on the front.

I would also feel stupid buying a 3rd....yes 3rd Shorty. I have a DH casing and DD casing. Why? I have no fucking idea.

Any of the Schwalbes worth looking at? Probably have to run a 2.6" though for my wide rims. My only experience with them is a rock razor in the rear which is fast as hell, but drifty. I know people love the magic mary and hans up front though.
    Magic Mary is exactly what you're looking for. Something in between a Minion & Shorty. Sheds mud very well. They make 2.35 & 2.6. You want the Soft (orange) or Ultra Soft (purple) compound.

935g claimed for the 27.5X2.6 Magic Mary in snakeskin TLE orange soft compound. Very intriguing. Might have to try this.

Magic Mary sheds the mud well. Brits love that tire. I think the Michelin wild enduro is just under 1000g. That also has good spacing for mud

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Interested to hear your thoughts WG if you run MM’s, as compared to a DHF up front. I have been tempted to try the MM (mainly on the front) but haven’t yet.

You don't want the Hans Dampf. The knobs are smaller an more tightly spaced than a DHF; I haven't ridden it in mud but I would expect it to be worse at clearing than the DHF. It's a good tire for someone that wants a less aggro DHF, but I don't think it's what you're looking for.

Nobby Nic 2.6

Good all rounder.

I've never heard anyone say the MM rolls well.

As far as Nobby Nic - shouldn't they rename that "Nobbies Falling Off Nic"?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Maybe consider getting some rims that aren't retarded?

hehehe

what about trimming your Shorty so it rolls faster.....
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    hehehe

what about trimming your Shorty so it rolls faster.....
    That was my first thought about 100 feet into the first climb the other day. Won't shed much weight though. My DHF is pretty worn, so I might as well just get a new front that I can use as a "daily driver" that might shed mud well too.

I've never heard anyone say the MM rolls well.

As far as Nobby Nic - shouldn't they rename that "Nobbies Falling Off Nic"?

The good thing about that.... is once the knobs actually do fall off, it's perfectly timed with a warranty claim to get a new tire since you need it anyways. I did that with three NN's last year, and had a new tire within 5 days from Schwalbe.

But I must say, the new Addix compound is $$$ for my type of high-country riding. It's my preferred rear tire when I'm not slamming rocks in Moab, Fruita, St. George, etc.

Mud shedding and rolls well don't really belong in the same sentence together. I think you should say fuck it and throw a WetScream on there. You get a great mud tire that also works in deep talc, and you can legit say "Brap!" every time you look down at it.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    <snip>
    But I must say, the new Addix compound is $$$ for my type of high-country riding. It's my preferred rear tire when I'm not slamming rocks in Moab, Fruita, St. George, etc.
    Yeah... I tend to forget that people don't slam rocks every time they go out. 'Cause I do.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    You don't want the Hans Dampf. The knobs are smaller an more tightly spaced than a DHF; I haven't ridden it in mud but I would expect it to be worse at clearing than the DHF. It's a good tire for someone that wants a less aggro DHF, but I don't think it's what you're looking for.
    Agreed. I feel HD is kinda their version of an Aggressor. Definitely not suited for mud.

You can get Schwalbes really cheap from Bike-Discount.de (~$45/each), but you'll pay about $25 total on shipping to the US. So if you're just buying 1 tire, it's probably not worth the hassle, but if you're buying 2 or more, it starts looking really attractive.

Yeah... I tend to forget that people don't slam rocks every time they go out. 'Cause I do.
    What’s the point of going out if you’re not slamming rocks?
    Of course, there’s root slamming if you’re on this side of the yard.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    What’s the point of going out if you’re not slamming rocks?
    Not any reason I can think of...

Of course, there’s root slamming if you’re on this side of the yard.
    Which are nearly as capable of pinch-flatting a flimsy shit-tire as the rox.

Nobby Nic is a good tire, ran it before in 2.35, 2.6 and 2.8. Not as durable as Maxxis, sidewalls tear easily, so I switched back to Maxxis a while ago. My brother was on the 2.8 spec'd with his Ibis Mojo 3 for a while and also liked them but has the same issues as me...flatting them both out multiple times and switching over to Maxxis. I'd say it's my shitty riding style but my last pair of Maxxis held up for 1,000+ miles without a single flat, riding the same trails as I did with the Nobbys. They are also more expensive and harder to find on sale as the DHF/DHR's.