Page 59 of 167 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 4158
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Not so much anti-Maxxis... as pro-WR2.

I suspect I'll end up with a DD DHR2 at some point... when the supply of WR2's runs out.
    You sitting on a garage full?

Man, I have 3 holes in this aggressor... time to swap it out. I may try it again if/when I start using a tire insert.

The last 2 are from one rock strike. One between knobs and the other at the same area but right next to the beed.... Will open up, even with plenty of stans and bacon in there every once in a while if the tire rolls some.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    You sitting on a garage full?
    No, but there is an unsubstantiated rumor that they may be discontinuing them.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Currently considering Ardent front, Rekon rear.
    You angling for a divorce?

The rear is easy - lots of perfectly fine options. Aggressor, trail boss, etc.

The front is trickier. You'll have to decide whether she prefers traction, or something faster rolling that's inevitably going to put her on the ground at some point.

^^^ traction, hands down, every time. Only go faster rolling after the "ok, but you might slip" conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    <snip>
    The front is trickier. You'll have to decide whether she prefers traction, or something faster rolling that's inevitably going to put her on the ground at some point.
    I'd recommend a Nevegal. Added bonus of getting flats all the time!

No, but there is an unsubstantiated rumor that they may be discontinuing them.
    Hope it’s just a nasty rumour. They should make more sizes and casing options in it. My 2.6 ewild has been amazing on the back with a 35mm inner. With that inner it doesn’t feel like a floaty fat tire just has a ton of grip and it rolls quite fast with a bevel on the leading edge of the Center knobs. If they made it, I think I’d put a 2.6 rockr2 on the front with a 35-38mm inner when I put the boxer on(that’d be like a 2.75 maxxis width). The same width magic Mary in a dh casing on a 27mm inner was good on the steep loose but it didn’t have that precise edging thing going for it, most likely because of the 27mm inner rim width

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Looking for something a little lighter and a bit faster rolling for my lady than the oem high roller II on her trance.
    CO rockies, lot of dry hardpack, loose over firm, throw in some rocks and roots etc. She’s not super aggressive and not ripping downhills at super high speed but looking for confidence that tire not going to washout on her.
    Currently considering Ardent front, Rekon rear.
    Any better ideas/options?
    In the Rockies she’d probably like a minion dhf or dhr2 in the exo+ casing. 950g for a bit of protection from those square edge rocks and soft compound. 2.3 or 2.4. E-13 has a nice tire in that weight too, I’d probably get the e13 for a touch more width at the same weight paired with their fast rolling rear to match. Vee tire just came out with a nice combo with some fairly advanced rubber compound mixes and casing/weight options. Their fast rolling rear was just released yesterday to go with their version of a minion up front. WTB have a huge selection in theweights/casings for all their tires. Again it’s the minionesque with faster rolling rear that still has good side knobs. I tried the Michelin wild am in that weight and the side wall is good and rubber is great but I’d like to see the better side knobs like their enduro tires. Good tire but there’s a lot better options

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Hope it’s just a nasty rumour.
    I think that they're just being superseded by the newly named (and dumb name, I might add) Rock'R2 Enduro.

In the Rockies she’d probably like a minion dhf or dhr2 in the exo+ casing. 950g for a bit of protection from those square edge rocks and soft compound. 2.3 or 2.4. E-13 has a nice tire in that weight too, I’d probably get the e13 for a touch more width at the same weight paired with their fast rolling rear to match. Vee tire just came out with a nice combo with some fairly advanced rubber compound mixes and casing/weight options. Their fast rolling rear was just released yesterday to go with their version of a minion up front. WTB have a huge selection in theweights/casings for all their tires. Again it’s the minionesque with faster rolling rear that still has good side knobs. I tried the Michelin wild am in that weight and the side wall is good and rubber is great but I’d like to see the better side knobs like their enduro tires. Good tire but there’s a lot better options
    EXO+ seems like overkill for a not so aggressive female. I've been riding EXO tires for years (145 lb) and have never had an issue. I'd do a Dissector front (when you can find one) and Rekon rear.

Have you actually asked the lady in question whether she would prefer something predictable and grippy, vs. something easier to pedal?

I know if I managed to get my wife to mountain bike with me, even easy stuff, I would MUCH rather put her on something safe and grippy over something a bit more efficient. It's easy to dial back ride length or ride things with climbs that don't suck, but really hard to help people get over fear or nervousness following a crash / washout.

Just saw this on Maxxis' site:

"Choose EXO Protection for exceptionally rocky, treacherous trails where the chance of sidewall cuts and abrasions is high."

dafuq?

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    EXO+ seems like overkill for a not so aggressive female. I've been riding EXO tires for years (145 lb) and have never had an issue. I'd do a Dissector front (when you can find one) and Rekon rear.
    You may be right. Was thinking the rockies and the possibility of a bit lower psi for traction and still have support and protection. Either or i guess, 100 grams either way

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I think that they're just being superseded by the newly named (and dumb name, I might add) Rock'R2 Enduro.
    Ya same tire. Still the best. My new ones are just rockr2 enduro , no "wild" preceding that

Just saw this on Maxxis' site:

"Choose EXO Protection for exceptionally rocky, treacherous trails where the chance of sidewall cuts and abrasions is high."

dafuq?
    Maybe they think pinches and sidewall tears are great

Ya same tire. Still the best. My new ones are just rockr2 enduro , no "wild" preceding that
    Have you noticed any difference in the rubber compound? It sounds like the new MagiX is somewhat different than the old?

Fucking tire companies.

All Michelin mtb tires have dumb names.
    FIFY

You guys have been raving about them all summer, yet I still don't really know which ones are which.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    FIFY

You guys have been raving about them all summer, yet I still don't really know which ones are which.
    There is only one:

Michelin Wild Rock'R2 Advanced Reinforced

Oh, wait. They're calling it the Rock'R2 Enduro now.

Fucking lizards...

HTH.

She wants something lighter and faster rolling than an HR2, and you guys are recommending Wild Rock'R2 advanced / reinforced?

mmmmmhmmm.

I like funken's exo dissector / rekon recommendation. I'd also throw a WTB Vigilante in the mix for the front.

She wants something lighter and faster rolling than an HR2, and you guys are recommending Wild Rock'R2 advanced / reinforced?

mmmmmhmmm.

I like funken's exo dissector / rekon recommendation. I'd also throw a WTB Vigilante in the mix for the front.
    For the record: I was answering questions after the thread drift.

I suggested something lightweight, black, and knobby. Which I still recommend. And lightweight is *not* the Wild Rock'R2.

mmmmmhmmm.

No one suggested those for her. You on the other hand need them

Have you noticed any difference in the rubber compound? It sounds like the new MagiX is somewhat different than the old?

Fucking tire companies.
    I havent noticed any dif, not that there isnt. I dont think there is besides the slight name change. Still confidence inspiring. Couple different friends get the names confused and ended up with wild enduro's front and rear. Theyre really liking them. One guy has his wife on a pair. She's a decent rider but rides quite light. Surprised she likes them but she had a skinnier nobby nic before that. Seems most just grab the wild enduro's because thdyre the newest model znd probably most stocked. Bith guys dont know wach other but theyre both family guys first and dont really care aside from the fact they have grippy edging tires now

There is only one:

Michelin Wild Rock'R2 Advanced Reinforced

Oh, wait. They're calling it the Rock'R2 Enduro now.

Fucking lizards...

HTH.
    lol, yea...

I go to their (utterly shitty) website and find Rock'R2 Enduro, but then the sub-categories are Wild Enduro, Force Enduro and Rock'R2 Enduro (again?)

So I gather Force is a rear only tread, and Wild is both (or F/R versions)?

Then there are Magi-X and Gum-X compounds, which look like Magi is soft and Gum is faster rolling (if true, it seems like those names should be reversed).

that close?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    lol, yea...

I go to their (utterly shitty) website and find Rock'R2 Enduro, but then the sub-categories are Wild Enduro, Force Enduro and Rock'R2 Enduro (again?)

So I gather Force is a rear only tread, and Wild is both (or F/R versions)?

Then there are Magi-X and Gum-X compounds, which look like Magi is soft and Gum is faster rolling (if true, it seems like those names should be reversed).

that close?
    Close. Force is more of a trail tire. I think i ended up googling "michelin bicycle tire weights" to find the chart. Along with looking at the tire pattern , the weight chart should define the models

That's usually what I do too, but can't seem to find a master chart with all the mtb weights.

You on the other hand need them

This is true.