Page 52 of 164 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 4099
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    In my limited experience, the aggressor seems very sensitive to rim size. Too narrow an you can’t get the cornering knobs consistent bite. Too wide and you’re rolling on the cornering knobs when straight-lining.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    hmmm interesting.... might have to go look at them in person today, wish they made a 2.40.... 2.30 is just so damn narrow these days

Loving the ride quality of the Assegai DD front / DHR II folding DH w' CushCore rear combo on my Norco Range, but pedaling the bike around has become quite a feat. I think I might need to revisit this one and assess whether killing it on the way down is worth such misery on the way up.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Cut through a DD Agressor while racing this weekend. Gashed the sidewall 1/3 of the way into a stage. FWIW the tire did have like 400-500 miles on it. Was amazed how well the treads were holding up. Sidewalls were starting to show fabric though. Unsure if any tire could withstand high speed quartz rock points to the sidewall.

I just replaced the 2.3 Agressor that came on the 5.5 Yeti with a 2.3 DHRII,

the tire went on the DTswiss E 1900 spline rim pretty easy and inflated no hassle with a floor pump, I thru in a little orange fluid but I think it might not have been necessary

I did a ride on a trail i am very familiar with, defintley more traction, no more spinning out on roots/sand and no more drifting back end,

I'm pretty happy with the tire which was almost half price on-sale from Chain reaction and 8 days by the cheapest shipping option

The agressor always used to weep sealant thru the side walls of the tire over night, I could wipe it off and it would be back the next morning, i get the impression the Agressor is just not as hardy of a tire as the DHRII or DHFII so now it will be a spare/backup
    Last edited by XXX-er; 08-07-2019 at 03:36 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I just replaced the 2.3 Agressor that came on the 5.5 Yeti with a 2.3 DHRII,
    Are these both EXO?

yeah I went for the same tire as what comes on the front of the Yeti except the DHF is a 2.5 and i wanted the DHR in a 2.3

I can't say i noticed the DHR rolling any slower than the Agressor

when you pull up the CR page for tires there are about 16 tires there and its a bit confusing SO it took me awhile to makes sure i was ordering the right tire

Sweet deal.
    Those are like 950gm each? (Don’t see it on the site)
    How’s width compare to a 2.4” Minion?

However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Sweet deal.
    Those are like 950gm each? (Don’t see it on the site)
    How’s width compare to a 2.4” Minion?
    The 27.5's are a bit over 1000g (1050?) assuming nothing has changed from the old version other than the name...

IIRC, they are wider than a 2.4 Minion. But I don't remember where I heard that... and I've not compared.

But but they must match and say maxxis on the side, and puncture

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Ironically, I’m still riding mullets.

Tried getting a brand new wire bead DH tire with cushcore and it just wouldn't go. Busted tire levers, lots of swearing but no good. Had a lightly used foldable that went on reasonably easily. Just FYI for people buying tires.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Tried getting a brand new wire bead DH tire with cushcore and it just wouldn't go. Busted tire levers, lots of swearing but no good. Had a lightly used foldable that went on reasonably easily. Just FYI for people buying tires.
    Motorcycle tire levers are what you want. Metal won't snap.

Loves ma big moto lever. I'm sold on the getto tubless with a spliced tube to seal the rim. Bit of a pita to get the bead on and keep tge spliced tube out over tge sidewall of the rim so ive just been putting the tire on and off tge rim a few times to stretch the bead a touch. MotoX lever helps get that stretch and removal verly nice

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I’ve only installed once so obviously YMMV, but I thought the CushCore install video was really helpful. I was warned to follow it exactly, and I’m sure the warning was legit.
    Liberal soap suds, trash can, 2 plastic levers and some patience won the day.

+1 same experience

real tire irons that can remove a 4.50 motocross knobby are what you want i still have a set from my motor head days

so i got a 2.3 DHRII with folding bead 3C, max terra, EXO TR which is narrower brutha of the 2.5 that came on the front

They measure 2.3 and 2.5 at the widest knobby so as advertised

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    real tire irons that can remove a 4.50 motocross knobby are what you want i still have a set from my motor head days
    Yup. I've used my old motocross irons a couple times, but I prefer to figure out the path of least resistance now. My friends kid works at a shop and is in school to be a mechanical engineer. He said that if he needs tools to get a tire on he shouldn't work at a shop. So I said to myself if I cannot get a tire on with plastic irons...umm...I should have another beer and try again tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yup. I've used my old motocross irons a couple times, but I prefer to figure out the path of least resistance now. My friends kid works at a shop and is in school to be a mechanical engineer. He said that if he needs tools to get a tire on he shouldn't work at a shop. So I said to myself if I cannot get a tire on with plastic irons...umm...I should have another beer and try again tomorrow?
    If that kid can get a wire bead dh tire mounted up with cushcore without using levers, he shouldn't be wasting his talents at a bike shop. There's gotta be some black-ops military application for that shit.

Maxxis Dissector was just released: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/maxxis...look-2019.html

Looks like it could be a good rear tire. It's a bit lighter for its size than a DHR II (which was already decently light).

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    Maxxis Dissector was just released: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/maxxis...look-2019.html

Looks like it could be a good rear tire. It's a bit lighter for its size than a DHR II (which was already decently light).
    Good work, Maxxis!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    when you gotta change a tire you gotta have the tools you need, I've got 4 or 5 sets of tires irons the metal tire irons with slots in the ends to hook on the spokes are really handy but I try and stay away from the plastic levers cuz the break

just don't use screwdrivers like i did that when i was a kid cuz I used to put a lot of holes in tubes, I don't remember real tires irons when I was 10 yrs old or maybe I was too cheap

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    You guys use metal irons on carbon hoops?!

Not to say I haven't beat the shit out of carbon hoops on rocks and know they are strong as hell, but metal irons seems sketch on plastic rims.

The kid from the bike shop is right. If you rely on tire irons a lot you are doing it all wrong. Google is your friend, there is a groove down the middle of your rim for a reason. Typically you only need one tire iron to grab the bead to remove the tire. You should not need one to put it on. All the high school race kids know this, duh!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    You guys use metal irons on carbon hoops?!

Not to say I haven't beat the shit out of carbon hoops on rocks and know they are strong as hell, but metal irons seems sketch on plastic rims.
    I sure don't. I can change a DD casing with Cushcore using plastic Pedro's tire levers dry (although using lube makes it waaaay easier). I've no use for DH casing/wire beads but I'll admit a wire bead + Cushcore would be a thing. The Pedro's levers are a billion times stronger than most flimsy tire levers and I know they won't fuck up my plastic rims.