Page 48 of 165 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 4122

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Those things are way better than minions. Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered 3!
    Not sure if serious , you bought a trike or like the price

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Possible offspring of a marriage of farmer John and his cousin

Totally serious. 2 harder compound for rear, one gooey for a front. I've used those tires since they came out. They rule

I'd rather not

The premise of that article is dumb, but it doesn't matter because it's a Tioga, which means you'll never actually see one in the wild.

Totally serious. 2 harder compound for rear, one gooey for a front. I've used those tires since they came out. They rule
    Oh ok. Good. Hard to risk getting something else, even besides the regular sale pricing. Strange company though. They seem to be really focusing on flat prevention and of course their rubber characteristics. The enduro segment is dialed. Their dh tires seem to be dialed but they keep testing without releasing them. They're going to drop some serious proprietary tech but 3 years of pros running them and testing is ridiculous. By the time they're released all the competitors will have caught wind, tested and released similar tech , or atleast it seems. Then there's the trail tire segment that seems to be missing an enduro/dh tread at a sub 1000g weight. Some holes in their line up. They need to speed up testing and size/weight releases. They might be trying to be too perfect with every model. Might try an wild enduro front to see how it compares to a wr2. Good chance itll end up on the back

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Michelin's website is so god damned bad. I can't find shit on there.

They bailed on the dh tire that was just a bigger wildrockr2. I won't forgive them for that. The dh tires they're in theory making don't look like anything special, and the replacements for the wildrockr2 look the same. They finally come out with something badass and then discontinue it. Genius.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Yes exactly. I've commented both on the wr2 and maybe some different sizes or dh version a while ago on their ig. No response. Couple weeks ago commented about finding weights on their site. No reply but looks like they've added weights on each tire page.
    Rock shox is another big company with a very poor website design. Also has a flashy pro look but difficult to find tech

You actually found a tire on michelin's website? One that you were specifically looking for? Doing better than I am.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

You actually found a tire on michelin's website? One that you were specifically looking for? Doing better than I am.
    Amen to this. Their website is like something I'd expect out of a Chinese direct to consumer brand. Its beyond awful. I've tried to look at their stuff after seeing rave reviews from people here, but am always like... "fuck if I can't figure out what they have, I'll spend my money elsewhere."

That's what I was figuring. How many potential buyers just give up and look elsewhere. I found everything last time. Who's to say that wasn't purely luck. Doubt they made any changes because of some random ig comment. Seemed like they had done some work to the site. Was looking at the e wilds. Dont think I want that wide of tires though. Bit lighter than I thought as well

Twice in a row. Wasn't luck I'm guessing. Went Michelin bike tires> mtb>discipline>enduro

Everything had weights
    #26aintdead

https://bike.michelin.com/en/product...rock-r2-enduro

Oh you have to click enduro

'mtb' just doesn't cover it guess. God help you if you try to all mountain on those things.

Fuck this sport

Everyone updating. Rock shox now has shock sizes listed on the same page as the actually shock. Baby steps

I rode Conti Mtn King 29x2.4 up front for a few rides on the Zipp Moto wheels. I gotta say, I have no complaints....but the rims were sick too and the dirt is all time right now. The braking and edgy off camber grip was pretty amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Now I’ve got Butchers on two bikes. Picked up one from LBS a while back and stuck it on the back of my trail bike.
    New rig came OEM with a set.
    Gotta day, I just don’t love these tires.
    The straight line braking traction is a little better, but less predictable release point. For every other property that I can detect, the Minions are just better.

However many are in a shit ton.

Oh you have to click enduro

'mtb' just doesn't cover it guess. God help you if you try to all mountain on those things.

Fuck this sport
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Everyone updating. Rock shox now has shock sizes listed on the same page as the actually shock. Baby steps

It really is incredible how bad most ski and bike websites are. It's inexcusable in 2019.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I had to take off my mudguard to fit my 2.5 assguy up front. Rode them on Sunday, and got mud in my eyes....

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

On the Michelin topic: anyone know anything about the "Force AM Competition Line" tires? Maybe a couple years old, but apparently I wasn't paying attention in 2017. Sub-1000g and allegedly lower rolling resistance; thinking about taking a flyer on one for a light rear. TIA

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    On the Michelin topic: anyone know anything about the "Force AM Competition Line" tires? Maybe a couple years old, but apparently I wasn't paying attention in 2017. Sub-1000g and allegedly lower rolling resistance; thinking about taking a flyer on one for a light rear. TIA
    I haven’t tried that one. The grip’r 2 is in that category and I wouldn’t get another. It’s had a small redesign but looks to have the same flex side knobs. The wild am/force am looks like that be a good combo f/r (similar to how a light wild enduro f/r would be). I’ve been looking at those too. For some reason I can’t click on the individual tires in those categories and find the weights, like I can with the enduro tires. If you try them I’d be interested to hear how you get on with them

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Anyone had much luck with tire boots near the bead? Its a pretty small hole, tried a bacon strip but the sealant didnt seem to be getting to it.
    Urethane glue. I use EvoStik Serious Glue (works very well on outerwear repairs too). I think it's Euro only but it's like Shoe Goo but not as thick. I got two front flats on one ride this week, both of from running into square hidden rocks; hole in the crown of the tread and tiny hole at the bead each time - both fixed on the trail with a plug at the crown and then Gorilla Super Glue plus a layer of dry dirt rubbed in at the bead - I've done bead repairs like this on the trail in the past that have been permanent but both of these leaked slowly. So that night I pulled the tyre off and put the Serious Glue on the inside and outside of the bead damage (outside pretty thin so that it would still sit well in the rim hook). Both had much more of a visible hole inside the tyre than outside. I normally just leave plugs in but since I had unmounted anyway I pulled them out and used normal oldschool TipTop patches with vulcanising solution on the crown holes, then Serious Glue over the patch. Then more glue on the outside of the crown holes - probably didn't matter much to do this. All repair areas were cleaned well with isopropyl first, forgot to rough up the patch areas but they took well. Rode another two days now, rock solid.

This was on a Magic Mary Snakeskin which I have used exclusively on the front for the past 4 years or so. Last year I started to put holes in the fronts, 2-3 in the life of the tyre, mostly when running into sharp edges. And now two holes on a brand new tyre, I'm over it. I'm going to keep this one on for now but will move to a heavier Michelin Enduro Front next - got a couple of friends riding them now who like it.

Michelin Enduro Rear went on this week too. I like. Rides like you'd expect from looking at it - midweight, small-ish centre knobs and real side knobs. Like a much better Trailboss, actually what I thought the Trailboss would be but it sucked at everything although riding a Trailboss then a Breakout last summer taught me how to not panic when I get into a drift. Enduro Rear feels a little faster than a WR2, similar on edge but doesn't brake as well in a straight line. Got two spare WR2s sitting here because I was scared they'd stop making them, but I'd buy another Enduro Rear if I saw one cheap again although it's hard to tell right now how much of an advantage it offers in speed.

80kg/176lbs rider on a Patrol, ride mostly rough natural singletrack in the dry, 24/28psi on 30mm rims.

Sounds like the Michelin is similar rolling compared with a Trail Boss, am I reading that right?

I’d echo jc on the wild enduro rear. I noticed they rolled faster than the wr2 but I was quite surprised how well I could chuck them down the hill . With those burley edging knobs it gives a lot of confidence throwing them into the corners despite losing that little bit of straight line braking. Has me considering trying a wild enduro front and also a wild enduro rear front and back on the trail bike. They still have waaay more grip than a Schwalbe rock razor(the only other rear specific fast rolling en/dh tire I’ve tried)

Something, maybe my weight distribution (?) has made the Minion SS suck less when the climbing gets loose. It doesn't have that magical levitating/accelerating effect I got from the slaughter, but maybe it's slipping less? No idea.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

So I've been running 2.3 DHR 2 front / 2.35 Ikon rear on my "XC" bike (Devinci Django 29). I just swapped the front to a 2.6 Specialized Eliminator I had lying around. The 2.35 Ikon is massive and it was driving my OCD a bit nuts to have a higher-volume rear tire than front.

We got some rain yesterday so the dirt was nice and tacky. I took a lap down our local machine-built flow trail (Bobsled on Fromme), which is running beautifully. I went to pump into a flat corner and next thing I knew I was on my side, no warning. It was the strangest thing. I've ridden the trail many times and it's this sort of flat chicane that you can usually pump the crap out of.

Riding the rest of the night, I backed it off a bit but felt like I couldn't push the bike in corners the way I'm used to. It felt a bit like having dull skis.

I'd blame the Ikon, but I have been finding the Ikon to be fairly predictable when paired with the 2.3 DHR 2. My finger is now pointing at the Eliminator and its intermediate knobs.

I ended up puncturing the Ikon on a rocky trail after (serves me right), so I threw on a 2.3 Specialized Purgatory when I got home. We'll see if the Eliminator/Purgatory combo is any better. But if not, the Eliminator might have to go.