Page 40 of 166 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 4143
    Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Hence me asking...

Thanks for the erm, recommendations.
    The short version is buy exo casing and whatever 3C compound you can find.

I tried out Magic Mary Addix (soft/orange) front+rear over the winter, and really liked it for the muddy months. It seemed to shed muck better than Minions, and has awesome grip. But it wears pretty quick, and now that its drying out I'm looking for a setup that rolls better. I have plenty of experience with Minions, and will likely end up on them, but wanted to see what else is out there. I've played around with a Hans Dampf Addix for the rear the last couple weeks, but not really loving it. It goes faster for sure, but doesn't brake as well and I'm not used to it's driftiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    I tried out Magic Mary Addix (soft/orange) front+rear over the winter, and really liked it for the muddy months. It seemed to shed muck better than Minions, and has awesome grip. But it wears pretty quick, and now that its drying out I'm looking for a setup that rolls better. I have plenty of experience with Minions, and will likely end up on them, but wanted to see what else is out there. I've played around with a Hans Dampf Addix for the rear the last couple weeks, but not really loving it. It goes faster for sure, but doesn't brake as well and I'm not used to it's driftiness.
    Location/conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Location/conditions?
    NorCal/Bay Area. Winter was muddy clay & sand, nice and loamy here and there as it started to dry out in between rain storms. Now it's getting back to the usual hardpacked clay with dust on top.

NorCal/Bay Area. Winter was muddy clay & sand, nice and loamy here and there as it started to dry out in between rain storms. Now it's getting back to the usual hardpacked clay with dust on top.
    I hate to sound like a broken record, but do yourself a favor and try out the Michelin Wild Rock'R2. Magi-X compound for front, Gum-X for rear.

Unless you have philosophical objections to "skinny" tires, since they are only 2.35.

^^^this, apart from the fast rolling. Front for sure. Hands down the best front tire. I have the wild enduro rear on the back now(trail bike) . It definitely rolls faster but it still has the burley side knobs so you can still throw it down steep loose trails

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I hate to sound like a broken record, but do yourself a favor and try out the Michelin Wild Rock'R2. Magi-X compound for front, Gum-X for rear.

Unless you have philosophical objections to "skinny" tires, since they are only 2.35.
    Assuming this is their "Minion"? And the Wild Enduro below is their Aggressor? I don't have any problem with 2.35, assuming it's true to size. That's what my Schwalbes are. 2.4ish I feel is the sweet spot. 2.6 I've tried and don't like.

Edit: jeez their tires are kinda heavy.

Assuming this is their "Minion"? And the Wild Enduro below is their Aggressor? I don't have any problem with 2.35, assuming it's true to size. That's what my Schwalbes are. 2.4ish I feel is the sweet spot. 2.6 I've tried and don't like.

Edit: jeez their tires are kinda heavy.
    Their 2,35 is the same as a 2,5 maxxis and the weight is comparable to double down.

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Just got DD Agressors for both the 29-er and 27.5, will report back when there is some dry, burly trails to be had.
    That could be awhile...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Cant wait to try the Assegai exo up front, wondering how long it will take Maxxis to release this version?...

Quote Originally Posted by zlatham View Post
    Cant wait to try the Assegai exo up front, wondering how long it will take Maxxis to release this version?...
    Will the Exo be a lighter, trail tire or still DH weight?

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Will the Exo be a lighter, trail tire or still DH weight?
    It'll probably be 300-400 grams lighter.

Anyone else navigating the frozen wasteland of 24" options?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Not any more.

These were good enough for my kid and the price is right: https://www.performancebike.com/schw...iABEgJxVvD_BwE

Maxxis makes DHF’s in 24x2.4 EXO TR 3C and Schwalbe makes Fat Alberts in 24x2.4 Snakeskin TLR

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Maxxis makes DHF’s in 24x2.4 EXO TR 3C
    This is where I ended up, biketiresdirect has them for $56/ea right now which isn't bad. They're a bit portly though.

This is where I ended up, biketiresdirect has them for $56/ea right now which isn't bad. They're a bit portly though.
    Kids' bikes.

Amirite?

Indeed. Not that the adult tire market is much better. "Whaaat, you want a durable sub-900 g tire that provides actual traction? Go buy an ebike so you'll stop caring."

Indeed. Not that the adult tire market is much better. "Whaaat, you want a durable sub-900 g tire that provides actual traction? Go buy an ebike so you'll stop caring."
    To be honest - I no longer trust ANY tire 2.35 or bigger that isn't 1000g.

After years of riding and I'm still convinced the Maxxis DHF/DHR is the best tire out there. Price, grip, longevity/durability are hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpow View Post
    After years of riding and I'm still convinced the Maxxis DHF/DHR is the best tire out there. Price, grip, longevity/durability are hard to beat.
    Same.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

x3 with the Minions.
    I spent most of last summer experimenting with an Aggressor. It flatted three times after not flatting for a long time. And I felt the ride quality was super bouncy at all but dangerously low psi. Put it back on last week because the Butcher I'd been using got a pinch flat. Man, that Aggressor bouncy feeling came back instantly.
    Oh, and the Butcher flatting. Stirs up distant memories of when I originally switched from Butchers to Minions and suddenly stopped flatting routinely. This time, going from a Minion to a Butcher I also realized the Butcher was noticeably grippier when skidding down really loose really steep stuff in CO. But it had comparatively inconsistent grip and handling in every other way.
    I'm not one of the Rubber Pro Maggots, that's just my humble observations. Totally wiling to admit it could all be due to my inferior riding style.
    However many are in a shit ton.

I am surprised with how much I am enjoying the Ikon 2.35 I put on the back of my Django 29. This is my "XC" bike (that weighs 32 lbs. and has a 150 mm Fox 36), so it's not seeing the steepest and rowdiest of trails, nor any enduro racing, but for all-round riding in Coastal BC, the Ikon is great. It is the highest-volume 2.35 I have seen since a Schwalbe. It's basically a big round ball of many small knobs. It also rolls fast and, paired with a 2.3 DHR 2 in front (which is a couple mm narrower than the Ikon, driving my OCD a bit nuts), rides predictably. It makes me question whether most people need a rear tire with a square profile and big cornering knobs for general trail riding.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Looking for a pretty specific wet/mixed weather tire.

- Racing in Helena, MT this weekend. Been up there training alot the past month. The terrain is a mix of chunky and packed gravel that rides great no matter how much it's raining. Several stages are on new trails in brown sticky soil or older trails in deep dark woods with more packed but still sticky soil.

- Last Sunday I pre-rode the course. My standard tires are DHF - EXO - MaxTerra 2.5WT up front. Agressor DD 2.5WT in the back. Ibis 741 wheels with 35mm internal. The super wideness limits which tires work well. I love this setup. The Agressor works great in all conditions (besides super slop). The DHF is obviously proven, but Helena has weird kinda dirt that in the "soil" places I mentioned before will really stick and clog up a DHF and then it's sliding out in the turns.

- Yesterday I tried my Shorty on the front. 2.5WT DD casing. Heavy as fuck. Hooks up in the peanut butter, but slow to get up to speed and climbing blows.

- I need something in between a DHF and Shorty that is also optimized for wide ass rims. Also, has to be available in a most shops since I don't have time to order anything.

Forecast is for on and off rain and storms the next 5 days.