Page 102 of 166 FirstFirst ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 4148
    Tread design looks fine but the ATC casing is only ~900g in 29x2.4 no way is that beefy enough for my plow into sharp rocks riding style. If it was available in AEC/AGC I would try. I tend to put holes into treads instead of ripping sidewalls so that pushes me into heavy casings. This bike is ~35lbs anyway.

I like intermediate knobs especially out back when I need slower speed cornering ability. Anyone ride a Vittoria Martello? Seems like another option here.

That said, let's be honest it is a rear tire that will last 3 months so I am going to buy what I find cheap in the general category.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    I love this shit.
    Kenda completely redesigned the tire. There is no comparison to the Nev of old. I decided to try it because every review of it was overwhelming praise.
    I personally know of four people running it, including my wife. Two of these people are constantly on the lookout for better tire performance and, as such, have tried all the above mentioned tires and then some.
    All four have agreed strongly with the reviews.
    As far as fast rolling rear tires, I've personally used the Aggressor, Dissector, WTB Trail Boss, WBT Breakout, Rock Razor, new Nobby Nic, and yes, the Nev2.
    But hey, you're the experts, even without riding one. You just "know".

By the way, Phall, don't feel bad, Maxxis doesn't understand how intermediate knobs work either.

I ran a Nevegal around ‘12-‘13 because it was the ONLY 27.5 tire I could find that had any knobs on it at all. I cut off all of the intermediate knobs, which helped a bit.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    How did I know you would reply to my post?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You think the marketing geniuses at Kenda could think of a better name than Nevegal 2.

Imagine if Microsoft released a Windows Vista 2.0.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Anyone ride a Vittoria Martello? Seems like another option here.
    I’ve been running Martello’s for the past 2 years. I really like the tire and I’m planning on keeping it on my bike. The side knobs hook up really good and don’t squirm under you like they do on Maxxis tires.

But the tire isn’t perfect. It sucks in mud. The mud sticks to the tire like glue and it does not clear. It’s not the best on wet roots and it requires a more aggressive edge angle to get the side knobs to hook up than a comparable Maxxis tire. The tire will push through a turn if you don’t lean it over far enough. I think that’s due to the transition knobs being too close to the side/center knobs not allowing the tire to dig in to the dirt to find grip.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    The standard question around 2010/11: "How many rides did you get flats on before you got rid of those POS tires?"
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I ran a Nevegal around ‘12-‘13 because it was the ONLY 27.5 tire I could find that had any knobs on it at all. I cut off all of the intermediate knobs, which helped a bit.
    Thank you. Point made. If your only experience is from a totally different tire made 10 years ago, do you really have anything relevant to add?
    It's like saying, "Nomads suck. I rode one in 2005."

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    You think the marketing geniuses at Kenda could think of a better name than Nevegal 2.

Imagine if Microsoft released a Windows Vista 2.0.
    Now THIS I agree with. Very stupid to put this name on a new design that has nothing in common with the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

I like that someone is butthurt over other people slagging on Kenda tires.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I like that someone is butthurt over other people slagging on Kenda tires.
    No butthurtedness at all. I have no love or affiliation with Kenda.
    This is supposed to be a forum where people are asking for actual knowledgeable advice. It'd be nice if they could get it.
    I'm not particularly knowledgeable about skis I haven't tried. If someone asks about a Moment Meridian in the ski tech forum, I don't jump in and spout that Moments are crap because I overheard someone say so in a lift line.
    Like my dad used to tell me, if you have nothing useful to add, STFU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

The Nevegal touched me in my funny place and said my parents would be very angry if I told them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Don't forget here on the internet things are either extremely serious or something to completely clown on.

Just checking in to add that the Vittoria Mazza 2.6 is my favorite front tire I’ve ever run. It’s more like a 2.5 on 30mm rims, has all the bite of a DHF, without the occasionally sketchy transition between the center and size knobs. Rolls pretty well too, at least compared to the Assguy it’s replacing.

Probably against my better judgement, I just ordered a Dissector DD MG. Against my better judgement because when I've run the EXO MT version in the past, it's worn out super fast. But it's full on summer conditions here now (dry hardpack covered in loose dust), and I figure if I'm going to be sliding around anyways, I may as well have something that rolls a bit faster when I'm doing it. DD because the EXO version was super flimsy and the DD version weighs about as much as an EXO DHR.

My bet is it's gone in a month.

Some of the new Kenda designs actually look pretty good. Not that one.
    RIP the BBG *sniff*
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    Like my dad used to tell me, if you have nothing useful to add, STFU.
    This reminds of a time another kid didn't want to play trucks with my 3yo and I had to explain to him "Different people like different things, and that's okay." A friend overhead me and said "I think a lot of adults around here probably need to be told that too"

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    This reminds of a time another kid didn't want to play trucks with my 3yo and I had to explain to him "Different people like different things, and that's okay." A friend overhead me and said "I think a lot of adults around here probably need to be told that too"
    Shut up. Everybody that doesn’t use Cheese Whiz as chamois butter is wrong and I must convince them.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    Just checking in to add that the Vittoria Mazza 2.6 is my favorite front tire I’ve ever run. It’s more like a 2.5 on 30mm rims, has all the bite of a DHF, without the occasionally sketchy transition between the center and size knobs. Rolls pretty well too, at least compared to the Assguy it’s replacing.
    It has the same sipe (SP?) channel. looks pretty open too, how does it not drift similar to a dhf?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Shut up. Everybody that doesn’t use Cheese Whiz as chamois butter is wrong and I must convince them.
    I think my hangup with this is that only one of my pairs of bibs has a whiz-colored chamois.

So, I just have to say, FUCK EXO. That being said, I was riding full on DH with a group that all had DH casings, so there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    So, I just have to say, FUCK EXO. That being said, I was riding full on DH with a group that all had DH casings, so there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    It has the same sipe (SP?) channel. looks pretty open too, how does it not drift similar to a dhf?
    The design is fundamentally the same, but the knob placement and shape are just different enough to make them hook up much more consistently through lean angles than a DHF. The channel between the knobs is definitely a bit smaller on the Vittorias, enough so to pretty much eliminate the grip/slip/grip effect the DHF's have. I also think the siping and more intricate knob shaping on the Mazzas just hooks up better in those intermediate lean situations.

One downside of Vittoria pushing the knobs closer together is that the tire will wind up being square and shitty if used on too wide of rims. I would aim for 25mm rims = 2.4 Mazza, and 30mm rims = 2.6(more like 2.5) Mazza.

New to the tire game, looking for some recs. I've had my bike 2 years, (Jeffsy), never replaced the tires, riding mainly central OR and then trips all over the PNW. Currently running the stock 2.4" DHR IIs front and back, which I've liked just fine. They seem to be overkill for most of the central OR stuff, but we do have lots of lava rocks and they're great for Post, etc. I guess I'd be looking for something similar, but maybe faster and better in the loose sand we get out here.

Buddy recommended HRII 2.3 rear and DHF 2.5" front. Was thinking Dual for HR II and 3C Max Terra for front. Seem reasonable? The local bike shops seems to mainly stock DHR and DHF, not sure why. Feels like too much thinking already...

Probably overthinking it, yes. You can’t go wrong with DHF/DHR2.

If you’re doing longer rides, maybe look at the Aggressor for lower rolling resistance on the rear. MaxxTerra is a good all-around compound that won’t wear out super fast on the volcanic rocks but will grip in shoulder season/on the loose volcanic dust.

I don’t have sidewall issues that a lot of guys do here, and I like the DHF front, and then a NN or a Barzo on the rear most of the year, including big backcountry rides. I like the combo.

Right on, thanks!

Ordered a michelin wild rock'r for cheap (~$40) off worldwide since I had a code. going to try that out with the tannus insert I also ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Ordered a michelin wild rock'r for cheap (~$40) off worldwide since I had a code. going to try that out with the tannus insert I also ordered.
    Is it the Wild Rock'R2 or the old Rock'R? If the latter... don't blame me if you don't like it.