Page 56 of 164 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 4099
    A few notes on the last page + of comments.

1. Tighter spacing on knobs, or overall coverage of knobs alter how the casing will move when using the tire... which can effect traction.
    2. The difference on how a DHR, HRII, and Asgui feel for traction can depend a lot on your riding style... steerer, yeah, feels sketch wtih a big siping (DHF)
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    i'm going going back to a Panaracer Smoke and a Dart that I had on my last bike. real bits of panther in them sidewalls
    Amazingly enough, they still make them.

Although the tires at the top of the page are dhf/butcher/rock'r2 etc clones.

I see my friend’s shop just received the Dissector (Canada), just need that Exo+/DD love to come sooner than later from Maxxis.

DHF rear is my go to over the DHR2. Even though it’s heavier I find it rolls faster and I’m quicker up/down. No, it doesn’t have the braking/climbing traction of the DHR2 but it tracks/steers better to get you through gnarly steep sections quicker. DHF/DHF combo for me and a few others in our crew (how many others?)...am curious to try the ASS/DIS pairing.

Should have jumped on your recommendation of the CRC deal on Michelin Enduro Front/Rear (they're sold out of rear currently), the more I look at them the better they look...and especially nice of them to have different tire casing front/rear, just makes sense...3x33tpi rear vs. 3x60tpi front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by robnow; 08-16-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    i'm going going back to a Panaracer Smoke and a Dart that I had on my last bike. real bits of panther in them sidewalls
    I have very fond memories of the Smoke (and some front tire wash-out memories with darts). I put Smokes back on my bike once in 2005?, and I was so happy to find them.

They sucked balls, compared to tires these days, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    I see my friend’s shop just received the Dissector (Canada), just need that Exo+/DD love to come sooner than later from Maxxis.

DHF rear is my go to over the DHR2. Even though it’s heavier I find it rolls faster and I’m quicker up/down. No, it doesn’t have the braking/climbing traction of the DHR2 but it tracks/steers better to get you through gnarly steep sections quicker. DHF/DHF combo for me and a few others in our crew (how many others?)...am curious to try the ASS/DIS pairing.

Should have jumped on your recommendation of the CRC deal on Michelin Enduro Front/Rear (they're sold out of rear currently), the more I look at them the better they look...and especially nice of them to have different tire casing front/rear, just makes sense...3x33tpi rear vs. 3x60tpi front.

They keep selling out, same with the e-wild. Took 3 email notifications before i got one. Id get a notification and procrastinate a couple days znd poof, gone. Finally last time i snagged one.
    For comparisons wild enduro front will compare to assguy(a little more pen and spacing to get in loose dirt and shed mud), wild enduro rear would stack up to the aggressor or maybe a more aggressive scwalbe rock razor. Rockr2 is similar to tye minion, probably a better east of the divide tire than a wild enduro front or atleast the bulk of tge summer. Wild enduro front might suit spring and fall better.
    The exo fanbois probably want to look at the wild am performance(another mich that sells out a fair bit)

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I have very fond memories of the Smoke (and some front tire wash-out memories with darts). I put Smokes back on my bike once in 2005?, and I was so happy to find them.

They sucked balls, compared to tires these days, I'm afraid.
    I too liked the smoke, and didn't really care for the dart.

While we're cruising memory lane: lumpy gravy.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Ok Michelin fanboys. I think I am gonna try a set of the wild enduros front and rear 2.4. Any of you guys running these on rims as wide as 35mm internal?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Ok Michelin fanboys. I think I am gonna try a set of the wild enduros front and rear 2.4. Any of you guys running these on rims as wide as 35mm internal?
    Seriously, get the rockr 2 magicX for the front. Best front tire made. Same width equal to 2.5 maxxis. Also i really liked it on 35mm inner width rim. Striving to get back on a 35 mm inner when i can. Perfect edging in the front with the 35mm inner and that width tire. Pressure at will. I prefer a little smaller width inner on the rear to allow the tire to flex more and follow the ruts and seams between rocks and roots because your weight is always on the back. You can pressure the front at will more so i like the wider inner and straighter sidewall for confidence edging

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Seriously, get the rockr 2 magicX for the front. Best front tire made. Same width equal to 2.5 maxxis. Also i really liked it on 35mm inner width rim. Striving to get back on a 35 mm inner when i can. Perfect edging in the front with the 35mm inner and that width tire. Pressure at will. I prefer a little smaller width inner on the rear to allow the tire to flex more and follow the ruts and seems between rocks and roots because your weight is always on the back. You can pressure the front at will more so i like the wider inner and straighter sidewall for confidense edging

Rocker2 front and enduro rear? So michelin 2.35 is the same as a maxxis 2.5?

I started on Farmer John’s, and then Farmer John’s cousin.
    Anyone wanna buy a lightly used aggressor?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I started on Farmer John’s, and then Farmer John’s cousin.
    Anyone wanna buy a lightly used aggressor?
    Trade for a Tioga Psycho? That has to have been one of the worst tires I ever had.

WTB Weirwolf is a close second.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

The Onza Porcupines had incredible cool factor, but indeed sucked.
    The Ritchey Z max red compound were much better, and came in a 2.5 WAAAY back in a day.
    So did specialized Ground Control.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Rocker2 front and enduro rear? So michelin 2.35 is the same as a maxxis 2.5?
    Yes on both. Wild enduro rear is a faster rolling wild enduro front more inline with say an aggressor. If you want donething more for steep, loose or semi mud the wild enduro front is the call on the rear. Wild enduro front will shed more mud then the rockr2(like an assguy vs minion) but id only consider a enduro front if i was going to be in more muddy conditions. The assguy has a similar intention as the wild enduro front and the minion dhf lines up with the rockr2. For me 99% of tge time the rockr2 is the best front tire so i stay with those. They dont roll quite as fast as a minion but better edging, more damp and more durable both in length and pinching. Could be good to have a wild enduro front in the shed/van when the course or season calls for more than the wild enduro rear.

Wow we're going old school here. I bought everything Johnny T back in the day. Bell helmets , pearl izumi , and tioga tires. They were all bad tires. Uggh. Same with ritchey, round with flimsy edge knobs. I liked square edged smokes wgen they came out. We're just spoiled now. Crazy how much better we have it now

Yes on both. Wild enduro rear is a faster rolling wild enduro front more inline with say an aggressor. If you want donething more for steep, loose or semi mud the wild enduro front is the call on the rear. Wild enduro front will shed more mud then the rockr2(like an assguy vs minion) but id only consider a enduro front if i was going to be in more muddy conditions. The assguy has a similar intention as the wild enduro front and the minion dhf lines up with the rockr2. For me 99% of tge time the rockr2 is the best front tire so i stay with those. They dont roll quite as fast as a minion but better edging, more damp and more durable both in length and pinching. Could be good to have a wild enduro front in the shed/van when the course or season calls for more than the wild enduro rear.

Much obliged. Better edging/cornering and better casing is what I am after.

For me 99% of tge time the rockr2 is the best front tire so i stay with those. They dont roll quite as fast as a minion but better edging, more damp and more durable both in length and pinching. Could be good to have a wild enduro front in the shed/van when the course or season calls for more than the wild enduro rear.
    TGR Forums mobile app
    Must be a Revy local’s thing

Much obliged. Better edging/cornering and better casing is what I am after.
    No problem. Ez to recommend. Im sure youll like them , especially the rockr2

It ought to be a Rocky Mountains local thing.

One issue around here is that NOBODY AFAIK sells them locally. Then again, who the f**k buys tires from a shop any more?

No problem. Ez to recommend. Im sure youll like them , especially the rockr2
    This. Unless you get into sticky mud, these tires are the BEST. The BEST, Jerry... the BEST.

Haa, im still surprised when i see the occasional one around. I see skookum had stock of wild enduro's. Last batch of michelins they had mustve been rockr2's but there was just enduros when i was in last
    Surprised B Long's pick isnt taken looking through a hole in a stump with a hint of setting sun glinting off the michelin logo and tread with sparkling mineral infused revy b. pow with the shadow of a wolverine in the background

Last edited by grinch; 08-19-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This. Unless you get into sticky mud, these tires are the BEST. The BEST, Jerry... the BEST.
    Yes man. Just put a freshy on. First corner was like "fuck ya" out loud

Yes man. Just put a freshy on. First corner was like "fuck ya" out loud
    Srsly. The only fault that people *might* be able to complain about is that the are TOO turny. First time I had one out front was at Buffalo Creek outside Denver, which is notorious for its loose-over-hard ball-bearing decomposed granite. NOTHING grips on that shit.

I kept blowing corners on the INSIDE because I was anticipating the inevitable drift... which simply didn't happen... good "problem" to have, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Srsly. The only fault that people *might* be able to complain about is that the are TOO turny. First time I had one out front was at Buffalo Creek outside Denver, which is notorious for its loose-over-hard ball-bearing decomposed granite. NOTHING grips on that shit.

I kept blowing corners on the INSIDE because I was anticipating the inevitable drift... which simply didn't happen... good "problem" to have, IMO.
    I could see that happening. Theyve saved my bacon countless times. Go into a cirner too hot lean into it too much and get ready to lose the front and then they just dig in and pull me out. No other tire has done that. Paid their way in bandaids in every case

I shredded my rear Forekaster yesterday getting loose in a rock garden and dove into this thread to try and find some agreement on a good option for Wasatch moon dust. What a rabbit hole it's been...

The Forekaster came with the bike, guess it doesn't have the best breaking and cornering performance but without anything to compare it with I thought it worked well enough. Traction was good, they are super light (running 29 x 2.35 EXO, limited clearance in the back), and rolling resistance is reportedly very low (they're billed as an aggressive XC tire). They do feel a bit flimsy though and performance seemed to degrade a bit as things dried and got looser after a wet spring and early summer.
    I decided to pick up an Aggressor to get something a bit more aggressive until the dust settles. 2.3 EXO since 2.5 most likely wouldn't fit my frame and the DD is almost a full pound heavier than what I'm currently running. Going back through the thread though there is A LOT of hate for the Aggressor and I'm wondering if a DHR2 (2.4 would work) would be a better option. Then I look at it on my wife's bike and I can feel it drag on the endless climbs to Crest and start thinking a Minion SS would be better. Then I go round and round and round while looking at my road bike thinking things are much simpler in that world.

Thoughts? Am I gonna die with the Aggressor?
    I ride an Intense Primer, pretty standard trail bike (140/130) used for pretty standard trail rides on the longish side (25ish miles, 3+ hours). I'm not an aggro downhiller (read: I go as fast as possible but don't wear pads cause I'm stupid) and never ride lifts. I'm a complete beater in corners and it's not because of the tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post

Thoughts? Am I gonna die with the Aggressor?
    You'll be fine. Aggressor isn't a bad tire as long as you're not expecting it to be something it's not. It rolls decently fast. For a fast rolling tire, it has relatively good braking edges, and it corners predictably. No, it doesn't hook up in corners or while braking like a dhr2, but a dhr2 is also not a fast rolling tire.

If you're coming off a forekaster, I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's like a forekaster with a less vague cornering feel.