Page 60 of 162 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 4048
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    That's usually what I do too, but can't seem to find a master chart with all the mtb weights.
    Just scroll down the page for the individual tires. Looks like they have the weights on each page now. Wish they had one page with all widths , size and weights. Thatd be easiest

https://bike.michelin.com/en/product...rock-r2-enduro

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Thanks for input everyone - I’m not beholden to maxxis but its hard enough to understand differences in their line up that throwing in all the multitude of other brands and tire options quickly becomes a bit overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    You angling for a divorce?
    Nope - but realizing putting an Ardent front might lead in that direction - that idea is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Have you actually asked the lady in question whether she would prefer something predictable and grippy, vs. something easier to pedal?
    Yep - when she moved to the trance she immediately commented on the perceived “sluggishness”. Conversation lead to tires and tradeoffs. Predictable is good but she just doesn’t ride at a speed or with enough bike angulation to require or even engage the side knobs on more aggressive tire profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    EXO+ seems like overkill for a not so aggressive female. I've been riding EXO tires for years (145 lb) and have never had an issue. I'd do a Dissector front (when you can find one) and Rekon rear.
    She doesn’t seem to have issue with flats or ripping sidewalls like I do so regular EXO is probably going to be fine - but EXO+ is only 50grams extra so might be whatever is available.

Even though I’ve never actually ridden either I’m liking the Dissector/Rekon suggestion. Seems like a compromise that could work well for her - keep the grip up front, bit faster rolling in the rear, not so different as to unbalance traction, both more designed for our dry conditions, both save weight and roll faster than current tire.

Based on what you're saying, another combo (non-Maxxis) could be something like a Hans Dampf / Nobby Nic (or Rock Razor). Their tires are fucking light, usually like 50-100g lighter than similar Maxxis. If she used a lot of body position, I'd never recommend a HD up front (it drifts very easily, but very predictably). Ditto for their rear tires. Order from ze Germans to get them cheap.

+1 on hans dampf Nobby nic combo. I put that on my wife's bike for many years. Fast, grip, and good damping. Expensive but it's only money

My new bike came with a DHR II 3C EXO that appears to be leaking like a sieve. I had assumed that I had torn this light tire, but soapy water reveals that there are small leaks all over the sidewalls and near the beads.

I'm currently running regular Stan's in there. Is it worth trying a different sealant (like Stan's Race) that might do better at sealing things up, or is this tire defective?

On another note, I picked up some Continental tires for cheap (Der Baron/Trail King) that I'm running on my hardtail. My past experience with Continental was that they were quite leaky when tubeless, but I followed their instructional video (https://youtu.be/1HfULR0PnZE) this time, which suggests rubbing the entire inside of the tire with sealant prior to mounting. They are now holding air better than any other tubeless tire I've tried.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    I'm currently running regular Stan's in there. Is it worth trying a different sealant (like Stan's Race) that might do better at sealing things up, or is this tire defective?
    I would like to hear peep's experiences with Stan's Race as well.

I've heard Stan's Race is strong stuff, overkill and making tire changes (breaking the seal) extremely difficult. However I'm hearing on road tubeless Stan's Race may be more of a thing due to the high pressures. My experience with Road tubeless shows that regular Stan's works ok up to about 80PSI (I like about 90 on 28s) but anything over (I suppose depending on the size of the hole) blows through.

I suppose for both mtb and road, different mixes of Regular and Race may be the solution...or adding glitter?

Continental sealant for many years - no complaints. Even sealed up my wife's shitty stock Nobby Nics which wept sealant through the casing like mad.

Put me in the anti-stan's camp as well. Too ammonia-y. I've had good luck with orange seal.

My new bike came with a DHR II 3C EXO that appears to be leaking like a sieve. I had assumed that I had torn this light tire, but soapy water reveals that there are small leaks all over the sidewalls and near the beads.

On another note, I picked up some Continental tires for cheap (Der Baron/Trail King) that I'm running on my hardtail. My past experience with Continental was that they were quite leaky when tubeless, but I followed their instructional video (https://youtu.be/1HfULR0PnZE) this time, which suggests rubbing the entire inside of the tire with sealant prior to mounting. They are now holding air better than any other tubeless tire I've tried.
    I have usedd orange which IME worked pretty much the same as stan's

the rubbing fluid inside the tire ^^ sounds interesting

my aggressor leaked fluid thru the sidewalls and lost a little air, so I got a new DHRII for Moab, it seems to hold air better but I still see a little fluid bleeding out and after a week at Moab all the fluid leaks attract the red dust ... something new for me

all 10 of us were setup tubeless, nobody got a flat or had any breakdowns which suprised me
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post

Even though I’ve never actually ridden either I’m liking the Dissector/Rekon suggestion. Seems like a compromise that could work well for her - keep the grip up front, bit faster rolling in the rear, not so different as to unbalance traction, both more designed for our dry conditions, both save weight and roll faster than current tire.
    I just went from Dissector/Dissector to Dissector/Rekon back to Dissector/Dissector. Ignore my previous suggestion and stick with Dissectors on both ends. The Rekon just don't have enough grip and the Dissector actually rolls pretty well for being a grippy 3C tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Put me in the anti-stan's camp as well. Too ammonia-y. I've had good luck with orange seal.
    X2 or 3, or whatever we're on.

Interesting. I had noticed this on mine too. Same tire.

I may try Conti sealant. Just ordered some Mountain Kings for wife's new (to her) bike and have to mount them up. Conti obviously recommends their own sealant, but if people think it's better than Stans, maybe I'll just switch mine over too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

IMO the big question is how much air do you lose ?

I used stans in Nevegals back in the day and that tire would lose 10lbs over night every night

I'm getting the weeping but I'm not losing much if any air,

I didnt really have to add air in a week of hard riding

if you don't really lose much air I wouldn't worry so much

Good Q. I'll do an overnight test. But I want to say I'll lose 4-5 PSI in the garage if I go a couple days between rides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

A little weeping through the sidewalls is OK when the tire is new but should stop after they set up. Weeping near the bead (or losing air through the valve hole) is usually a sign that the tire/rim fit isn't tight enough and you may need another wrap of rim tape. I stick with regular Stan's.

...On another note, I picked up some Continental tires for cheap (Der Baron/Trail King) that I'm running on my hardtail. My past experience with Continental was that they were quite leaky when tubeless, but I followed their instructional video (https://youtu.be/1HfULR0PnZE) this time, which suggests rubbing the entire inside of the tire with sealant prior to mounting. They are now holding air better than any other tubeless tire I've tried.
    I had the same experience with a Conti. It's on my spare/loaner bike now. I'm going to try that. Getting tired of pumping it up and injecting stans.

I don't lose any pressure on my Maxxis. I ran Panaracer's on my old bike for years and never had any sidewall seepage. I don't think for any tire meant to be tubeless should sidewall seepage to be considered normal.

Wild Rock'R2's don't lose much air over time.

Just sayin'...

tubeless tires used to weigh 200-ish grams more than the same tire in a non-tubeless versions because there was more rubber in the sidewalls so there is a weight cost to a tubeless tire

but i don't know if there are even many non-tubeless tires out there ?

my leaky Nevegals were non tubeless, very fast very light but man they leaked

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    IMO the big question is how much air do you lose ?
    10 psi in about 8 hours (pumped it up to 30 in the morning, was at 20 went I went to ride after work).

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    <snip>
    my leaky Nevegals were non tubeless, very fast very light but man they leaked
    GTFO with this "Nevegal" talk - those tires are fucking USELESS.

Without the nevegal we would all be on XC tires. Know your roots.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Without the nevegal we would all be on XC tires. Know your roots.
    I would pinch-flat those fuckers just by looking at them askance. Thought originally it was me... but no, it was the Nevegals.

[QUOTE=skaredshtles;5770398]GTFO with this "Nevegal" talk - those tires are fucking USELESS.

Yabut 12 years ago nevegals were the shit, light fast rolling good traction, Nevegals won an MBA shoot out, i rode them against buddies bikes and i would be rolling up on them hitting the brakes or hitting my buddy

Tires have got a lot better and now Nevegals suck

context eh

[QUOTE=XXX-er;5770433]
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    GTFO with this "Nevegal" talk - those tires are fucking USELESS.

Yabut 12 years ago nevegals were the shit, light fast rolling good traction, Nevegals won an MBA shoot out, i rode them against buddies bikes and i would be rolling up on them hitting the brakes or hitting my buddy

Tires have got a lot better and now Nevegals suck

context eh
    Nope. They sucked in 2010 when they came stock on my Giant Reign. I demo'd a Reign in Moab and took it down Porc Rim - I got THREE FUCKING SNAKEBITES within the 1st mile of the "lunch rock" overlook. WTF. I got a flat almost every time I rode when I got my Reign here in town, and that promptly ended when I ditched those worthless pieces of shit.

As always, though, YMMV.

How much air were you running ^^ and have you considered going on a diet?

i was a real asshole i would claim you are a hack

yes I did porcupine last week and i was amazed nobody got hurt and no flats