Page 65 of 165 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 4107
    Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    I don't ride 2.6 anythings, but WTB's latest in 2.4 or 2.5 are significantly bigger than the same nominal size Maxxis.
    Ok thanks. I thought that might be the case. Measure similar to scwalbe's i guess. I was 2.5 for most everything with a 2.4 on the back sometimes. 2.6 ewild on a 35mm inner rim has me considering a wider tire. Rim is giving the sidewall good support. Not crazy big so i can experiment in baby steps and i like the looks of a few wtb knob patterns. Burley tires with dh sidewalls are hard to find in that width of tire

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I need to replace my commuter tires. 700c 32ish. They are mostly on pavement but they do a some unmaintained forest trails. In the winter they are icy, dark and sketchy. Fortunately I have exceptionally good downhill skills so I can survive even on slicks, but I rather not do that again.

Right now I am running vittoria cross xn pro. I like them a lot, they are damp, roll fast and do reasonably well of forest trails. If I could I would get them again but they are discontinued.

Last winter I was running Schwalbe CX Pro. Amazing on trails, and they last a very long time. They don't roll that fast. I'm not interested to go back to them.

There's lots of options out there, but I want a tire that's around 32 wide.

- Continental 4 season. They seem to be great all around, roll fast, last a long time. They are slicks in the middle so they might not work on the trails with snow on.

- Panaracel gravel king. Supposedly fast but they wear out quickly.

- Panaracel gravel king SK. Should be good on the trails but is it too much of a compromise on the road?

Any other suggestions? Minions?

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Cool. We dont hear enough on those . They look good. Was considering some 2.6's. Wonder how wide a wtb 2.6 is compared to a maxxis 2.6?

Wtb's are roughly 4mm wider

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Wtb's are roughly 4mm wider
    Great, thats not too bad. Similar to my 2.6 ewild , maybe a smidge wider. Might run a 38mm inner up front with the 35mm rear

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Is it normal for Michelins to loose a ton of pressure the first night? I mounted up the Enduros (very snug, required a tire lever), put in 2 oz of fresh Orange Seal Endurance, and left them at 30 psi. The next day I gave them a squeeze and they were really soft, like around 5 psi. No sidewall seeping, and the tape was fine before they went on. I did the old Stan's trick of bouncing them while rotating to get sealant all over the inside, then leaving them on both sides over a bucket for 5 min, so I'm pretty sure I coated the insides well enough.
    Air them up and go ride them. The sealant needs bouncy bouncy

WTB 2.4 are significantly smaller then the 2.5 or 2.6 casings, in volume and tread size. don't be fooled into thinking you're getting a lighter version of the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    I need to replace my commuter tires. 700c 32ish. They are mostly on pavement but they do a some unmaintained forest trails. In the winter they are icy, dark and sketchy. Fortunately I have exceptionally good downhill skills so I can survive even on slicks, but I rather not do that again.
    Vittoria's replacement for that is the terreno dry, there's also a terreno zero that is pretty much a slick. You could do zero on the rear, dry up front. I've been thinking about trying their mtb tires and am going with some corsa controls on the road bike next season (I really liked my open paves).

I have a pair of clement strada 32mm slicks for my cx bike that I like but last year decided to try some bigger tires for the not racing part of the year. 40mm wtb nano front, 38mm specialzed tracer rear. Still rolls alright and is so much better on gravel, forest roads, and trails. Not sure why I took so long to do that because it was almost like getting a whole new bike.

And those gravel kings do get pretty good reviews, I'd expect 32 sks to still roll pretty well.

Ya, I've progressed from the file treads to nanos and now I run resolute 42c everywhere. you'd probably be okay with a Byway 34 or 40, as they have good shoulder knobs. I just got some Venture 40c I have not mounted yet that looks super interesting.

I got a bike that came with minions. TGR has a bunch of fads like skis over 100mm, rocker, din over 10, but damn the minions are legit.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I got a bike that came with minions. TGR has a bunch of fads like skis over 100mm, rocker, din over 10, but damn the minions are legit.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    There's a reason that pretty much every trail bike that isn't a trek or specialized comes with minions.

2 rides on the Wild Enduros now. Still trying to get them to hold air long term (added 1 more oz of sealant to each). Holy shit, these side knobs are incredible. When you really lean over, they provide an incredible sensation of support and grip. The wide spacing of the center knobs seems to really dig down through loose over hard too. In terms of comparison so far, they feel like a Magic Mary with less squirm. They feel like they pedal a bit better than MM too, at least on hard pack.

I had some great performance from new tires this weekend. Turns out fresh rubber really helps on the uber-steep shit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Anyone need a new Magic Mary, 27.5 x 2.35, addix, soft, for $45 shipped?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I had some great performance from new tires this weekend. Turns out fresh rubber really helps on the uber-steep shit.
    In other breaking news: Water is wet.

Anyone want some Maxxis Assegai's? 29x2.5. I pulled them off my Rimpo AF after the initial ride, probably 12 miles of dirt on them.

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    Anyone want some Maxxis Assegai's? 29x2.5. I pulled them off my Rimpo AF after the initial ride, probably 12 miles of dirt on them.
    Id list the casing too. Almost as important as the tread

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Id list the casing too. Almost as important as the tread

Exo+, MaxxTerra, assuming they're the stock ones.

Anybody mounted the e13 Gen 3 tires (newest ones)? I've got a few in hand, and holy mother of god are these the tightest beads I've dealt with in a long, long time.

Exo+, MaxxTerra, assuming they're the stock ones..
    Yep, you're right.

3CT/EXO+/TR

Anybody mounted the e13 Gen 3 tires (newest ones)? I've got a few in hand, and holy mother of god are these the tightest beads I've dealt with in a long, long time.
    Yup. Buddy of mine who runs Minions was commenting the same when he helped me mount them tubeless after I pulled my CushCores (long story). When I reinstalled the CushCores and remounted the tires I kept getting mad watching a youtube video of a guy mounting Minions on CushCores with his bare hands. I ruined a brand new Pedro's lever getting the tires on even following all the tips.

Really dig their performance though...
    "Just send it you pussy."

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    winter setup ... wet PNW clay mud / decomposing organics / loam ... Butcher Grid 29 x 2.6F and Trail King 29 x 2.4R ... lowest cost combo that gives me high volume, good grip, mud shedding and not egregious weight and not egregious drag.
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Magic Mary.
    And stop suggesting that someone will find you a tire that gets good traction AND rolls like a semi-slick. MTBing is compromise. You can have traction a have fun or you can have fast and boring/sketchy. Time to pick.
    Got two messy rides over the weekend on a mix of decomposing wet leaves and other organic bog, clayey surface mud, and armored rock / clay mix ... glad to report I didn’t die. The Butcher 2.6 Grid is working about as well as expected up front, very consistent and predictable handling even on the slime and grease clay, which is wayyy better than you can get out of a Minion in these conditions, and also reasonably decent mud shedding. The TK2.4 in back is not as good as hoped - Center knobs don’t bite all that well in the wet clay, but then the side knobs do, so I get a lot of the rear wheel sliding around until it’s tilted over (whether I wanted to lean, or not) and the side knobs bite and traction suddenly appears - but the transition doesn’t feel anything like the dead zone of a DHF or HR2, it’s more reminiscent of the old Panracer Fire. The TK2.4’s are also less sheddy and more draggy than hoped, especially after I aired down from 21 psi to 19 to get more traction on slimy rocks, but hey it’s winter so it’s either fast and sketch or slow and boring, right?

When the “Conti sidewall Magic” appears (I’ve actually never experienced that on multiple MK2.4s owned btw, but I’m lucky, and light) I’ll probably try a Butcher 2.4 or MM 2.4 for the rear, whatever I can find for less $$.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Blowout on some good shoes. The aquila and citius arecworth considering. Really liked the citius. Havent tried the aquila(Aaron Gwinns sig tire)

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...208:00:51%20AM

Thanks, needed some cheap tires. Got an Aquila and a Citius.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

How are the sidewalls on those things? Looks like, from the weight... they might be sufficiently beefy for hack-applications?

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Thanks, needed some cheap tires. Got an Aquila and a Citius.
    No problem. Citius is sold out now. Aquila looks nice. Theyre cheng shen tires(maxxis,bontrager,spesh) and atleast as good as others. My citius was fr/en casing which is like a maxxis double down casing. These weigh about the same as exo+ so should be similar. My 2.4 was the same width as a dhr2 2.4

The Michelin Wild Enduros are growing on me more and more each ride. It seems like they constantly are finding new ways to claw and grip when I wouldn't expect it. The shoulder knobs are hands down the best I've ridden... you get these suckers laid over in a corner and as soon as they bite, any vagueness disappears. The wide tread pattern with deep blocks is so money for loose over hard. I was riding some stuff last night that had ~1" of loose over hardpack. The feeling of them digging down through all that to grab hold, and the resulting spray of duff was so satisfying. They just go where you point and hold the line.