Page 61 of 166 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 4143
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Without the nevegal we would all be on XC tires. Know your roots.
    I dunno...I was running 2.5 tires back in 87’.
    Edit: now that I think about it, I don’t think the 2.5 came out until 91’, but you get the point.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

We got an early adopter here!!! Here is your prize.

Talking about the masses here. Not Joe Dirt the OG internet expert.

Without the nevegal we would all be on XC tires. Know your roots.
    Nevegals aren't the root of fucking anything. Except maybe all evil.

IRC Missiles were like 15 years before the Nevegal.

Hell, the DHF existed for like 7 years before the Nevegal.

Update on Rimpact, comparing with Huck. It's getting chewed up, but appears to be handling it better. Doesn't slide around in the tire. Coverage seems a little better. The tire seems a bit more compliant at similar PSI, maybe. Rimpact comes with some really nice valve steps, nice little bonus.

Nevegals were okay if you didn't have to corner.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post

Hell, the DHF existed for like 7 years before the Nevegal.
    Wire bead for life yo

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    How much air were you running ^^ and have you considered going on a diet?
    This is a fair question - and I have no idea what PSI - it was a long time ago... and I'm no clydesdale - I was probably 185 at the time all geared up.

i was a real asshole i would claim you are a hack
    Well, this goes without saying - but just because I'm a hack does NOT mean I have to live with flats every time I ride. The tires were at fault in this case - Nevegals suck/sucked/will always suck.

If theyd try a rockr2 we wouldnt have to have these discussions

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

We got an early adopter here!!! Here is your prize.

Talking about the masses here. Not Joe Dirt the OG internet expert.

Thanks... now I'm hungry
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    If theyd try a rockr2 we wouldnt have to have these discussions
    "You can lead a horse to water" and all that...

10 of us rode Moab/Zion last week, different brands but we were all told to use a setup tubeless with 4 oz of stans/carry a couple of spare tubes/patch kit and not one flat in fact no breakdowns

I think tires and the tubeless thing have got a lot better
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    10 of us rode Moab/Zion last week, different brands but we were all told to use a setup tubeless with 4 oz of stans/carry a couple of spare tubes/patch kit and not one flat in fact no breakdowns

I think tires and the tubeless thing have got a lot better
    I believe you are correct. I tried tubeless back in 2002-ish and abandoned it a short time later due to flats. Was on tubes until 2015 when I got crabon rims and returned to tubeless. Much less drama than the previous go-'round.

Definitely noticed weeping on my many months-old DHRIIs yesterday evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

If you guys want to seal the sidewall on your exo dhr's maybe do this. Glue the excess part of the tube to the sidewall , instead of trimming it off, to stop the weeping and add protection. My bike held air all winter in a cold af shed with the ghetto 2bliss method in the vid. Latest new tire/rim combo with nukeproof liner was a pita so just did normal tape tubeless. I got tired of adding air after a couple weeks and did this video method with no problem. Everything had stretched on the tire so no problems after a couple weeks use

I bought a Tubolito to carry since I haven’t flatted in 2 years and got sick of carrying around a pound of rubber that I’ll never use.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I carry Tubolito’s for all my bikes. Really easy to stash and wicked lite.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I carry Tubolito’s for all my bikes. Really easy to stash and wicked lite.
    bunch a monocle wearing top-hatters in here with your fancy latex.

i'm one of them but stopped with the tube-insurance and run cushcore all the time. DHR II and CushCore for the win. even put it in my 2.8 exo+s on the mid-fatty HT. might ditch the pike now and go rigid. i've only had to ride out on a gash once and the CushCore held up surprisingly well over the 4 miles of rocky slow-poking.

still looking forward to the new Spesh gridtrail Butcher 2.6 and 2.3. hoping they have remedied their errors with the grid evolution.

stop talking about wild rock'r2s, please...
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    If you guys want to seal the sidewall on your exo dhr's maybe do this. Glue the excess part of the tube to the sidewall , instead of trimming it off, to stop the weeping and add protection. My bike held air all winter in a cold af shed with the ghetto 2bliss method in the vid. Latest new tire/rim combo with nukeproof liner was a pita so just did normal tape tubeless. I got tired of adding air after a couple weeks and did this video method with no problem. Everything had stretched on the tire so no problems after a couple weeks use

Might as well be titled “Something I’ll Never Do”

Points for failing with first tire (presumably the one he WANTED to run.
    Points for stating up from that this is useless if you ever intend to change tires.

However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Might as well be titled “Something I’ll Never Do”

Points for failing with first tire (presumably the one he WANTED to run.
    Points for stating up from that this is useless if you ever intend to change tires.

Thats a lot of assumptions. It works the best out of anything. I have changed tires. You do need a new tube though. Couple bucks is well worth having the air stay in forever . I want to experiment with putting new tires in the sun for a while and the dish soap. Dish soap alone didnt cut it and it was an overcast day. One thing though, it did work best with the huck norris. The vittoria liner would probably be good. It has an open channel in the middle of the liner on the rim side. With this nukeproof liner because i use the tube valve to add air, it has sealed against the liner so couldnt take air out at the top of a steep dh today. Ill take the valve core out and see if i can make some space for air. The nukeproof valves come with a eavrstrough type thing on the end of the valve to let air escape/enter to the sides. I just put this together a few days ago so ill figure it out. Literally took me 15 minutes. Ez pz. You can suffer, all good here

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I bought a Tubolito to carry since I haven’t flatted in 2 years and got sick of carrying around a pound of rubber that I’ll never use.

Never heard of these and now I must have one. Kinda wonder what makes them “disc brake specific?” Maybe rims heat up with rim brakes and these tubes don’t cope well with that?

edit: fortunately I have upgraded to disc brakes on my mountain bicycle.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    My new bike came with a DHR II 3C EXO that appears to be leaking like a sieve. I had assumed that I had torn this light tire, but soapy water reveals that there are small leaks all over the sidewalls and near the beads.

I'm currently running regular Stan's in there. Is it worth trying a different sealant (like Stan's Race) that might do better at sealing things up, or is this tire defective?

On another note, I picked up some Continental tires for cheap (Der Baron/Trail King) that I'm running on my hardtail. My past experience with Continental was that they were quite leaky when tubeless, but I followed their instructional video (https://youtu.be/1HfULR0PnZE) this time, which suggests rubbing the entire inside of the tire with sealant prior to mounting. They are now holding air better than any other tubeless tire I've tried.
    I took the tire off last night and saw many small Stan’s boogers along the sidewalls, so I definitely ended up with a tire on the more porous end of the spectrum. I did these things:

- removed CushCore, which may have helped the Stan’s get to the sidewalls and beads (maybe)
    - rubbed Stan’s along the entire inside surface of the tire
    - added more new Stan’s

So far, I have lost less than 1 psi overnight. So I may have solved the problem. I am guessing adding more new Stan’s, which has more particles to plug the little holes, is what did it.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Never heard of these and now I must have one. Kinda wonder what makes them “disc brake specific?” Maybe rims heat up with rim brakes and these tubes don’t cope well with that?

edit: fortunately I have upgraded to disc brakes on my mountain bicycle.
    Yep, I think they might melt or something. That’s very exciting you’ve upgraded to disk breaks. Do you have them on your front forks as well as your suspension beam?

Whenever I get a new tire I set the wheel sideways on a bucket and go periodically swish it around and flip it over for like a day to try and get an even coating of sealant all over the inside of the tire. Probably unnecessary most of the time and I've never had one seep much sealant or have trouble holding air.

Yesterday I went to fix a tiny hole in one of my xc race tires. It didn't seal fully when I punctured but was small enough that I rode home on it with a few stops to add air. Tiny cut on the outside, could not even find a hole on the inside of the tire. But there was basically no sealant in there, so I guess that was the problem. I've put regular tube patches on the inside of tires before but this didn't even seem to warrant that so I just gave it a little dab of patch glue. Probably didn't even need to do that
    Last edited by jamal; 10-05-2019 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Yep, I think they might melt or something. That’s very exciting you’ve upgraded to disk breaks. Do you have them on your front forks as well as your suspension beam?

Yes, I was dealing with a real hustler at my LBS when I decided to upgrade. To me it made sense to just do the disc on the front wheel and keep the V Brake out back, but she convinced me to do both wheels. Needless to say, I was less than psyched when I was told I would then need to buy TWO disc hubs and pay for TWO wheel builds. YMMV...

you mean you didnt look at the bike and see that you needed all this shit and/or they didn't give you a quote to read ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Ahh hes just shovelling it . An actual lbs elitist swindler himself