Page 63 of 162 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 4048
    Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I've seen some in 24".....

Still looking for more options.
    We used a Kenda Small Block when our kids were on 20" wheels.

20” Maxxis Creepy Crawlers

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    We used a Kenda Small Block when our kids were on 20" wheels.
    The 20" SB8's make a great street/DJ tire, but don't offer up great traction for trail riding.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    20” Maxxis Creepy Crawlers
    Implied winky?

Those things weigh >1,000 g, and the 2.5 uses a 67-387 casing that doesn't fit a standard 20" wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

Implied winky?

Those things weigh >1,000 g, and the 2.5 uses a 67-387 casing that doesn't fit a standard 20" wheel.
    Oh wow. I’ve only seen the 20”x2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The 20" SB8's make a great street/DJ tire, but don't offer up great traction for trail riding.
    Yeah, but they build character.

Which is important for small humans riding 20" wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Yes magicX front and gumX rear. Compared to exo theyll also be pigs though. The front wild enduro on the rear would be great for off season. It doesnt roll as fast as the wild enduro rear but it still rolls quite fast. Faster than the rockr2. Id put a rockr2 on the front with that w endoro f on the rear. I guess the w enduro f might be similar wieght to assguy exo 9er. I think the assguy's are heavier than other exo's and the w enduro f is lighter than the r and lighter than rockr2. Id call tgat a good combo with a hucknorris/vittoria/or nukeproof liner but maybe you dont need it

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Thanks. Price on 'em looks good ($50 from WWC). The weight on the Enduro Fronts looks tolerable (spec'd 1,030g for 29er), vs. 1,160 for the Rear. They must make the Rear tougher since that's where most flats occur. My 29er Assegai EXO weighs like 1,150, 2.4 DHR ~1,000, and my 2 Magic Marys weigh 930-970. Like I said, I never flat so don't need the tougher layup or an insert. The Wild Enduro Front block pattern looks similar to the Assegai, so I'm sure I'll love it.

In the comments on the Pinkbike review, they try to describe the different rubber compounds. From what I can understand: Magi-X has a very soft outer layer over a harder core, Gum-X has a soft (but not as soft as Magi-X) outer layer over a medium core. Magi-X is very slow rebound speed, Gum-X is slow rebound. One guy said: "The Magi-X needs a lot more commitment to really shine, you will find the Gum-X to be more forgiving if you don‘t go all out. The Gum-X has more grip on wet roots, the Magi-X is better on wet rocks. In the dry, see above." I might do Gum-X in both F/R based on this.

Wow, I was leaning toward trying some Michelin’s until I read that exchange.
    I guess I’m i simpleton, to me there’s real appeal to Maxxis : 3C EXO. DD if you’re hard on tires. DH if you’re riding ..... DH.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Weight isnt the only factor in a tire

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Wow, I was leaning toward trying some Michelin’s until I read that exchange.
    I guess I’m i simpleton, to me there’s real appeal to Maxxis : 3C EXO. DD if you’re hard on tires. DH if you’re riding ..... DH.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I agree. That is confusing. Hard to know which to go with.

Just give me an Assguy EXO in Maxx Grip so I don’t have to lug around a 1300 g tire on my trail bike.

I put two gumx rockr2s on my bike this weekend.

heeheheeeeee......I keep saying it but I forgot how fucking good those tires are
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post

heeheheeeeee......I keep saying it but I forgot how fucking good those tires are
    Srsly. Michelin is missing a GOLDEN opportunity with that tread pattern...

Fucking Michelin.

If you lived in the land of slow, awkward trails with wet roots and janky moves, would you go Magi-X or Gum-X?

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    If you lived in the land of slow, awkward trails with wet roots and janky moves, would you go Magi-X or Gum-X?
    I've been trying to put my finger on what the difference is but that post above does a better job than I would just sitting around guessing. Straight up the knobs on the gumx are more compliant. As in you can deform them by hand a lot easier. But having ridden the magix on a bunch of greasy stuff those do work well on slickery rocks. The base knobs are stiffer but the outer rubber layer is softer for sure. I fiddled around with them a bit this weekend before deciding what to put on the front. It's definitely not as straightforward as "this tire is just overall softer than this other one"

I think magi. The real problem with those tires in the wet is all the little ridges on and inbetween the knobs. That stuff grabs certain kinds of mud and packs up like crazy. I'd just buy one of each and try them. Chain reaction had some cheap ones that someone here brought to my attention.

Or you could just buy something else for the winter and not worry about those until april/may
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Are the rockr2s the discontinued ones? And the Enduros are the new ones? And they're inferior?
    My pea brain has low tolerance for new information right now.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Are the rockr2s the discontinued ones? And the Enduros are the new ones? And they're inferior?
    My pea brain has low tolerance for new information right now.
    The Wild Rock'R2 has been renamed: Rock'R2 Enduro
    The Wild Enduro Front/Rear are completely different tires

If they discontinue the Rock'R2 tread pattern, Michelin is officially fucking retarded.

The wildrocker2 that everyone raves about (including me) are the same tires as what they're calling the rockr2 now on their website.

the endurpo is new. I haven't ridden them but I've seen them in person. They look less good in fast drier stuff than the rockr2 but better in mud probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    I have a set of Magic Mary that I was planning on running (ran last winter also and liked just fine), but you guys are such evangelists it's wearing me down.
    Is there anything you don’t like about how they handled the winter, or just trying something new?

Just curious because it seems like the on the British forums the folks who ride in UK wet mud really like the MM’s for the combo of grip and mud shedding.

Re: your MM weights, you must have the 29 x 2.35s?

The 29 x 2.6 SG/Soft is listed at 1350g while the 29 x 2.6 SS/Soft is 1050g.

I didn’t realize the 29 x 2.35 SS/Soft is only listed at 885g. 29 x 2.35 SG/Soft at 1165g.

For my uses it seems like MM 29 x 2.6F and 29 x 2.35R, both Snakeskin Soft, could be an good combo if my Butcher 2.6F / TK2.4R experiment goes poorly.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    If they discontinue the Rock'R2 tread pattern, Michelin is officially fucking retarded.
    they've already verified suspicions by only making these in 1 size, 1 casing.

they've already verified suspicions by only making these in 1 size, 1 casing.
    That, combined with their website, is pretty solid grounds for calling it.

If they didn't make the Rock'R2, there would be ABSOLUTELY no question.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Is there anything you don’t like about how they handled the winter, or just trying something new?

Just curious because it seems like the on the British forums the folks who ride in UK wet mud really like the MM’s for the combo of grip and mud shedding.

Re: your MM weights, you must have the 29 x 2.35s?
    I will mount and ride my MM's as soon as we get the first good rain, and use them until I wear the tread down. It could be all winter; it could be a couple months. I loved them in the tail end of last winter, but took them off when things got dry because they felt pretty draggy as things dried out. Depends on how off/on the rain we get is - Schwalbe's soft rubber wears out SUPER fast here when things are dry. I was asking about the Wild Enduros for once I inevitably wear these out, curious to try something new since there are so many Michelin fanboys here.

Correct, I have the 29x2.35 SS/Soft. One of them weighs like 910-920g, the other was like 970-980g. It was a lot more than whatever their website listed. To be fair, my Assegai is like 75g more than the listed weight too.

New Season, New Tires, New Thread

If it keeps the Schwalbe trend of seriously understating weight, the 2.6 Supergravity would be well over 3 pounds actual weight! (Listed weight is 2.97 lbs) Yikes.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I've been trying to put my finger on what the difference is but that post above does a better job than I would just sitting around guessing. Straight up the knobs on the gumx are more compliant. As in you can deform them by hand a lot easier. But having ridden the magix on a bunch of greasy stuff those do work well on slickery rocks. The base knobs are stiffer but the outer rubber layer is softer for sure. I fiddled around with them a bit this weekend before deciding what to put on the front. It's definitely not as straightforward as "this tire is just overall softer than this other one"

I think magi. The real problem with those tires in the wet is all the little ridges on and inbetween the knobs. That stuff grabs certain kinds of mud and packs up like crazy. I'd just buy one of each and try them. Chain reaction had some cheap ones that someone here brought to my attention.

Or you could just buy something else for the winter and not worry about those until april/may
    It's been a while since I tried a GumX on the front, but the MagiX ones kind of suck on wet roots (and I love those things in the dry). I think the knobs just don't deform enough. And like you said, they suck at clearing mud. Those stupid ribs need to go, they don't do anything useful.

Skip the Wild Enduro Rear guys. The side knobs suck balls.

A friend is running the Fronts front & rear now, likes it. I have a few spare Rock'R2s myself so I'll probably stick with that on the rear for now.

Got a CushCore to borrow so might put that in the rear on a rainy day this week with my current Rock'R2 to get a good comparison between midweight vs midweight + Cushcore vs EXO + CushCore.

I need rubber. Michelin wild somethings on a Reign. I tend to rip out sidewalls on the rocky trails I like. Present tires have too many sidewall rips to go on. I like the way the Michelin's ride but far too wimpy sidewall. I guess my question is, which Maxis EXO tire is awsomest? ... or other suggestion.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    I need rubber. Michelin wild somethings on a Reign. I tend to rip out sidewalls on the rocky trails I like. Present tires have too many sidewall rips to go on. I like the way the Michelin's ride but far too wimpy sidewall. I guess my question is, which Maxis EXO tire is awsomest? ... or other suggestion.
    Be advised: Michelin's Wild <somethings> are NOT created equal. Find out what you have.

On second thought - don't bother. Just order Wild Rock'R2s.

For the record: EXO sidewalls are gonna suck for you. They are Maxxis' wimpy sidewalls. YMMV.