Page 51 of 165 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 4107
    Are wire bead tires foldable these days? I'm looking at a stack of maxxis tires at a friends house that say "DH Casing" but are folded.

Im pretty sure that not all DH tires are wire bead now from Maxxis. I think they have foldable DH without the wire bead. Its interesting that there is only 100 odd grams between DH and DD.

Maxxis DH casing is definitely more durable and the sidewalls are palpably more supportive than the equivalent DD.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

What’s a heavy duty case that rolls fast but lasts longer than slaughter DH casing?
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Slaughter DD with CushCore .....

Wild enduro rear with cush core

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Are wire bead tires foldable these days? I'm looking at a stack of maxxis tires at a friends house that say "DH Casing" but are folded.
    I think the new tr(tubeless ready) are foldable. Could be the dif

Last Fall I had Michelin Wild AM 2.6 installed front/rear on my Diamondback Release 5c (Arc 30s). Very tight fit in the rear, overall pretty happy with performance.

This June I got a small stick lodged into the center knob section of the rear. It sealed with a plug fine but I was nervous about the casing toughness on rockier descents. That, and it was too damn wide for my rear triangle with any mud or snow (yeah that happened).

Had a CushCore and e13 Semi Slick LG1 Race installed on the rear early June. Love that tire, perfect for riding buff XC and Snowmass Bike Park. After 2 months of coaching and riding the SS center knobs are just about done.

Just ordered:

Front: 3rd gen e13 AT LG1 Enduro casing MoPo (super sticky)

https://bythehive.com/products/lg1-tire-en

Rear: e13 Semi Slick LG1 Enduro Race

Backup Rear: e13 3rd gen AT LG1 Enduro casing Race (mid sticky)

I know the e13 website is beat and their tire labeling is confusing as shit. The tires are quality and perform though. They only come in one width too despite some having the label "Plus".

Contemplating a front CushCore as well.
    "Just send it you pussy."

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Im pretty sure that not all DH tires are wire bead now from Maxxis. I think they have foldable DH without the wire bead. Its interesting that there is only 100 odd grams between DH and DD.
    Yeah, my DHR II DH casing has folding bead.

Assegai DH and DD are only 40 g apart, though the Assegai DD seems burlier than the DHR II DD I had, so maybe there are different executions of the casing.

Id pick one of yhe tores that was on the box at the wc. Preferably the top step
    #winning

Anyone know if a Maxxis Aggressor 2.5 will fit a Bronson 1? Website says 2.4 max but not too sure if this is a high volume tire? Running Minion DHR but looking for something a little faster rolling and less aggressive for the rear on some less aggressive trails

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Anyone know if a Maxxis Aggressor 2.5 will fit a Bronson 1? Website says 2.4 max but not too sure if this is a high volume tire? Running Minion DHR but looking for something a little faster rolling and less aggressive for the rear on some less aggressive trails
    Yes. I am running it. Plenty of room.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Yes. I am running it. Plenty of room.

How you liking it?

How you liking it?
    I'm guessing that the spacing may be similar to the hightower lt as they say 2.4 max on that as well... I'm running the aggressor, it's different. Huge channel except for every fifth row of center knobs. It will drift until it doesn't, and for me, who uses that to steer, it's actually a pretty noticeable difference coming from the DHR II.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

New Season, New Tires, New Thread

How you liking it?
    I came from the opposite direction. My
    previous rear was a Minion SS, which is the perfect rear for SoCal hardpack. I am in the PNW now so I wanted something to hook in better on loamy climbs. The aggressor does that, but it’s definitely a lot slower than the SS.

It’s been a while since I’ve been on a DHR but I’d guess the aggressor is pretty close to it. I think you only gain a little speed and only loose a little traction.

I might go with a Rekon in the rear next time... trying to split the difference between the Aggressor and SS....

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    It’s been a while since I’ve been on a DHR but I’d guess the aggressor is pretty close to it. I think you only gain a little speed and only loose a little traction.
    The aggressor had been my dry conditions go-to rear tire for the past couple of seasons but I recently decided to try a dhr2. The cornering and braking traction is much better with the dhr2 and I don't think it's that much slower rolling. With the aggressor I used to always feel like the back end was sliding around and never holding a line in corners, I don't get that with the dhr2 at all. Longevity is better with the aggressor.

I've got 1 slightly used and 1 brand new 29" aggressor double down if anyone is interested.

All good info.... debating throwing one on the rear after my last Bike park/ downhill run at the end of August.

Dfinn i would grab those if i didn't need 27.5!

I'd argue that the dhr2 is the slowest rolling tire maxxis makes, excepting the super soft / mud oriented tires (shorty and wet scream).

Aggressor is the fastest in the maxxis lineup that still has real knobs. Faster than dhr2, dhf, or hr2. But it gives up a ton in terms of braking traction. Gives up some cornering traction too, but still pairs nicely with a dhf.

I really like the dhf / aggressor combo for a trail bike. Hits a good combo of the desirable traits.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I'd argue that the dhr2 is the slowest rolling tire maxxis makes, excepting the super soft / mud oriented tires (shorty and wet scream).

Aggressor is the fastest in the maxxis lineup that still has real knobs. Faster than dhr2, dhf, or hr2. But it gives up a ton in terms of braking traction. Gives up some cornering traction too, but still pairs nicely with a dhf.

I really like the dhf / aggressor combo for a trail bike. Hits a good combo of the desirable traits.
    Thats my theory as well but just wanted to know what people thought around here, you guys is SMRT!

And now what say you all, Exo or DD? Think i'll go with the 2.5 as well

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post

I went from DHF / SS to Assguy / Aggressor. Maybe the incredibly slow assguy is making me think the aggressor is also super slow

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Rode at a bike park recently with a buddy that had Assguy front and rear. I had DHF/DHR2. He is usually faster than me everywhere. On flow trails I was easily rolling away from him. Our conclusion was the Assguy rolls slower than DHF/DHR2

The aggressor had been my dry conditions go-to rear tire for the past couple of seasons but I recently decided to try a dhr2. The cornering and braking traction is much better with the dhr2 and I don't think it's that much slower rolling. With the aggressor I used to always feel like the back end was sliding around and never holding a line in corners, I don't get that with the dhr2 at all. Longevity is better with the aggressor.

I've got 1 slightly used and 1 brand new 29" aggressor double down if anyone is interested.
    This is my experience as well. DHR2 has a ton of grip. The braking traction is silly.

The aggressor had been my dry conditions go-to rear tire for the past couple of seasons but I recently decided to try a dhr2. The cornering and braking traction is much better with the dhr2 and I don't think it's that much slower rolling. With the aggressor I used to always feel like the back end was sliding around and never holding a line in corners, I don't get that with the dhr2 at all. Longevity is better with the aggressor..
    thats cuz it was sliding which IME is handy for getting around tight corners on an enduro bike with 29" wheels but I'm used to it now, them aggressors ain't so aggressive and that new DHRII is probably at the post office right now sitting in my box ... i can 't wait !
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Rode at a bike park recently with a buddy that had Assguy front and rear. I had DHF/DHR2. He is usually faster than me everywhere. On flow trails I was easily rolling away from him. Our conclusion was the Assguy rolls slower than DHF/DHR2
    I'd forgotten about the assguy. Haven't tried that one yet. But that makes sense - those knobs are big.

And now what say you all, Exo or DD? Think i'll go with the 2.5 as well
    In my limited experience, the aggressor seems very sensitive to rim size. Too narrow an you can’t get the cornering knobs consistent bite. Too wide and you’re rolling on the cornering knobs when straight-lining.