Page 80 of 165 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 4109
    Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I just got a pinch flat reading 21 psi. I don't know how you guys get away with such low pressure. I'm a little envious.
    Wait, pinch flat as in burped your sealant gone, or tore your casing, or as in pinched and tore your tube?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Pinch flat, aka snakebite, like a tube but on the tire.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I just got a pinch flat reading 21 psi. I don't know how you guys get away with such low pressure. I'm a little envious.
    I'm with you. If I even *attempt* to run my rear tire less than 30psi I'm fucked. And I'm not running some wimpy-assed EXO sidewall'd tire.

Oof that blows. If I had to run those kind of pressures on my hardtail... I’d probably sell my hardtail lol.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Oof that blows. If I had to run those kind of pressures on my hardtail... I’d probably sell my hardtail lol.
    Well, I'm about 185# full-kit, so that's probably equivalent-ish to your 27psi. And I ride a lot of chunder. And I'm a complete fucking hack.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm with you. If I even *attempt* to run my rear tire less than 30psi I'm fucked. And I'm not running some wimpy-assed EXO sidewall'd tire.
    Your anti EXO campaign has been extremely successful. I’m running all Michelin now except for an EXO+ on the front of my hardtail which I recently pinch flatted despite running an insert.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

If you're just going by the gauge on your pump that's a big variable as well. Between that, weight, tire width, casing construction, wheel width, terrain, etc, comparing tire pressures on the internet is pretty pointless.

I have found topeak's D2 to be consistent across like 3 different gauges. But my floor pump reads way higher so I just use the pump to get in the right ballpark and then adjust with the digital gauge. Whether the number it tells me is accurate is not really relevant. I like how it feels there and can set them consistantly.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    None of the above.

Usually 21 psi on a 30mm wide rim with 28mm bead hooks, 27.5 x 2.3 DHF. It’s low, but not unusually so, especially for my weight right? I only weigh 133 lbs naked, probably shy of 150 geared up. I think that maybe my speeds relative to my weight lead to less braking wear than other riders?

I do a lot of rear wheel braking to dump high speeds, and feather my front wheel braking to trim mid-speeds and adjust weight shifting. Part of that is to manage fork dive and I don’t want to run a super high LSC on my A1 Pike.

I’m definitely *not* a badass rider though!

Maybe my hooked rims pull way harder on side knobs than unhooked rims?
    21 psi is low, but not outrageous, depending on the casing. I'll certainly go down to 20ish psi with a DH casing. Of course, if you're running 21 psi in an exo casing, then that's completely ludicrous.

So I guess I don't know what your undercutting problem is from. Maybe just a lot of sharp rocks at funny angles?

Your anti EXO campaign has been extremely successful. I’m running all Michelin now except for an EXO+ on the front of my hardtail which I recently pinch flatted despite running an insert.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    If you're just going by the gauge on your pump that's a big variable as well.
    Yeah - I had a buddy that would set his tire to "30psi" according to his pump... which was apparently completely fucked, 'cause I put my digi gauge on and it read 15psi. Sidewall was really stout, though, so the old "howzit feel" method was misleading.

My digital chuck gauge compares pretty well to auto tire shop gauges ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I am pretty certain this saved my ass from a very very long walk. Found it 2 days after a ride still at full pressure, I could peel the cut back and see threads. Been running this back tire since last November.

But the knobs are peeling off and fall is coming so back to 3C EXO

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2.35 on the back with huck norris and Exo+ tubless... I'm easily 185 with bike park armor/helmet/pack. I run 23psi. I have never pinch flatted this setup despite casing a gajillion drops and tables tail heavy.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    2.35 on the back with huck norris and Exo+ tubless... I'm easily 185 with bike park armor/helmet/pack. I run 23psi. I have never pinch flatted this setup despite casing a gajillion drops and tables tail heavy.
    I've ridden with Summit, I can vouch for the cases
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I’m a hack. And not casing my tiny 2” airs. Still have tubes, but set up to make a change. Been running 24-26psi up front and 26-28psi in the rear of an XCaliber and have had not flats. Measures psi with a pretty reliable gauge. 180# naked and dry.

Lucky? Super smooth?

My first set of tires were XR2 Comps. So not a burly side wall by any means. Michelin Wild Enduro front and Forte Pishgah rear.

Loving the Michelin and might Be ordering some more as back up for when they wear more.

I'm 200 kitted and run 18/21 with 2.5/2.4 (Maxxis EXO, not even the +s). But I mostly ride lower speed tech and don't jump, cuz they don't make parts for my model anymore.

Bike Closet has a great deal on Dissectors at $39.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I’m a hack. And not casing my tiny 2” airs. Still have tubes, but set up to make a change. Been running 24-26psi up front and 26-28psi in the rear of an XCaliber and have had not flats. Measures psi with a pretty reliable gauge. 180# naked and dry.

Lucky? Super smooth?
    Probably slow.

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    I'm 200 kitted and run 18/21 with 2.5/2.4 (Maxxis EXO, not even the +s).

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Probably slow.

^^^pic not working

Probably. No idea what fast is. Average about 10mph on my rides, top speeds of about 30 on downhills.

I'm going for silky smooth.

^^^pic not working

Probably. No idea what fast is. Average about 10mph on my rides, top speeds of about 30 on downhills.

I'm going for silky smooth.
    Seems to be working for you!

What tires/casings are you running? Maybe you already specified?

Michelin Wild Endure front and Forte Pishgah rear. Plan to replace the Pishgah I think. It’s sidewall is a bit thinner. Also plan to convert to tubeless a lower pressure a bit. So need a thicker sidewall I think.

Not sure on casing off top of my head but the front is 1050g and rear 960g, so not light weights.

Next set is like a Rock’r 2 front and Wild Enduro rear. I like the feel of the Michelin

<snip>

Next set is like a Rock’r 2 front
    Smart man. You'll love the traction. Just beware muddy conditions.

That should be a good combo. Was running pretty similar recently. Ewild on the back but thats basically a 2.6 wild enduro. Now i have 2.4 dh34 bike park casing f/r on the full 9er setup. Bike park casing has those tires at 1200g compared to 1400ish g with the full dh casing(on my emtb). My 27.5 rear wheel for mullet setup now has a rockr2 with a nukeproof tire liner thats replaced the ewild. Ewild/wild enduro rolls waay faster than the rockr2. Put the fresh rockr2 on for some more sporty trails before a couple keener buds visited. Glad i did. I think i would prefer the rockr2 2.35(1160g)on the front and the 2.4 dh34 bike park(1200g) on the rear because the rockr2 is actually a touch wider and the dh34 rolls faster. Both great front or rear though. Deeper tighter tread on rocker2 and more space between knobs on the dh34 so the dh34 is probably less likely to clog in mud. Not a problem here

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

New EXO Dissector lasted all of 6 rides. 1st day in Bentonville I put a 1cm cut right between the center knobs, running 28psi in back on my hardtail. Made for a pretty good sealant roost as I slowed down.

Replaced with a Double Down DHR2.