Page 66 of 166 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 4148
    So who’s ridden both the Wild Enduro and Assegai Maxx Grip?

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    The Michelin Wild Enduros are growing on me more and more each ride.
    Remind me, are you running Wild Enduro Front or Rear...on your rear?

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Remind me, are you running Wild Enduro Front or Rear...on your rear?
    Running WE Fronts, both front and rear. Rationale was the tread looked taller on the Front, and I don't need the heavier casing layup that comes in the Rear. It's still dry and loose as fuck in NorCal, and I've found that deep tread tires (almost mud spikes) work best for my conditions. I haven't seen a WER in person, but on their webpage the photos of the tread made it look a tad shallower.

DC, I've only ridden both WE Gum-X and Assegai EXO MT (although Assegai only in front). I don't notice a difference in rolling resistance. Shoulder knobs on the WE feel like they bite harder. For 29 version, the EXO Assegai is 100g heavier than WEF. I think based on some discussion a few pages back the consensus was that Magi-X is more similar to MaxxGrip.

I got some new wheels and am going to upgrade the wife's bike with my old ones. I also have tendency to be lazy, so rather than un-mount and re-mount four tires I'm just going to leave the DHF/DHR combo on my old wheels and buy myself some new tires.

I'm thinking abut jumping on the Michelin bandwagon, most likely Rock R2 F/R. These are bigger than the listed 2.35 width suggests, right? My new rims are 34 mm internal and want to be sure these will work on a rim that size. Also, Magi/Gum F/R as Michelin suggests, or go Gum F/R for UT riding?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I got some new wheels and am going to upgrade the wife's bike with my old ones. I also have tendency to be lazy, so rather than un-mount and re-mount four tires I'm just going to leave the DHF/DHR combo on my old wheels and buy myself some new tires.

I'm thinking abut jumping on the Michelin bandwagon, most likely Rock R2 F/R. These are bigger than the listed 2.35 width suggests, right? My new rims are 34 mm internal and want to be sure these will work on a rim that size. Also, Magi/Gum F/R as Michelin suggests, or go Gum F/R for UT riding?
    I’m building 35mm rim based new wheel-set for my hard tail XC ride this year. Decided to go with teravail as I’ve never ridden them and they look interesting, went with the Coronado 29 x 2.8, have to admit part of my decision was based on the gum wall option.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

Haven't ridden the Rock'rs but the Wild Enduro 2.35s were pretty squared off on a 30mm rim. I'd imagine the Rock'rs are similar, and will be even more squared off on a 34mm rim. But you'll honestly run into that issue on most 2.4-2.5 tires with those rims. You may or may not like that. I assume you don't mind if you bought wider than normal rims.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    I assume you don't mind if you bought wider than normal rims.
    Acquisition of the rims would be better described as having them fall out of the sky into my lap. I guess a better way to phrase the question would be is the true width of a 2.35 Rock'R2 comparable to a 2.5WT DHF and/or 2.4WT DHR2?

It sure would be nice if Michelin had recommended rim widths on their website.

Rockr2 2.35 is the same width as a 2.5 dhf. Havent tried a dhf on a 35mm inner but i prefered the rockr2 on a 35mm inner. I have a 29er rockr2 on a 30mm inner and its still fine. Splitting hairs but by a small but noticeable margin i prefer the added sidewall support with it on the 35mm inner. The mich rubber still has major grip and great dampening. That was one of the major differences i noticed between one of my bikes with a 2.5 dhf dd and the other with the rockr2 2.35. Same air pressure but the minion got pinged around more, more rim dings(no flats on either that year), less edge grip but it did roll a touch faster.
    My eeb is a yt decoy . Its a mullet bike. I have that 9r rockr2 on the front with the 27.5 ewild 2.6 rear(basically a wild enduro front in a 2.6). Its been quite good with the rubber and sidewall but i think the 2.35 rockr has better traction and more supportive edge knobs. It probably has 50% more sideknobs(tighter spacing) and more aggressive center knobs. I have a fresh 27.5 rockr waiting to go on tis summer.
    Maybe if they were dh casing tires i wouldnt want the 35mm inner rim. Idk. Maybe i should try one of michelins new dh tires on the front before i lace up another 35mm inner rim

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Anyone ride, or even see and touch, the new e13 tires? New AT 2.4 looks like a nice DHF knockoff and the semislick looks great. My experience with the Slaughter tells me I like little square knobs better than the tightly packed ramped knobs of the SS, but Specialized always needs to go and ruin their tire designs (Butcher, and all their casings. Gotta get blkdmnd because not having vowels is cl!)
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Anyone ride, or even see and touch, the new e13 tires? New AT 2.4 looks like a nice DHF knockoff and the semislick looks great. My experience with the Slaughter tells me I like little square knobs better than the tightly packed ramped knobs of the SS, but Specialized always needs to go and ruin their tire designs (Butcher, and all their casings. Gotta get blkdmnd because not having vowels is cl!)
    Yep. Got a bunch of time on the AT 2.4 in both Race and MoPo rubber, and trail and enduro casings. Tread pattern seems really good, rubber is interesting. The top layer is quite tacky, especially in the MoPo, but the base rubber underneath it is very, very firm, making the knobs quite stiff overall. The Race compound knobs actually feel softer overall, I guess because the base rubber isn't quite as hard, even though the top stuff is tackier. Compared to a DHF, they roll a little better (which I'd attribute to stiffer and slightly shorter center knobs), brake better (wider center knobs), shed mud and dig into soft soil worse. They're great in drier conditions, but the wetter things are the more I'd look elsewhere.

The elephant in the room though is the bead. They are STUPID hard to get on rims. I literally could not mount them on We Are One Agents, and I can put Maxxis DH casing tires on those without levers. Broke a bunch of tire levers trying. I got them on some DT aluminum rims with a fight, but it sucked.

PSA: Universal Cycles has 27.5 GumX Wild Rock'R2s for $31 right now.

I had a ordered a MagiX/GumX set from CRC, but they ran out of the GumX flavor before they could fulfill the order and canceled it. With the supply chain disruptions happening in China who knows when those might be back in stock. Ended up being a blessing, saved over $30. No MagiX, but wookid says he runs GumX F/R so fuck it.

Thatd be cheaper than crc even with cad but then shipping tax and duties might make it a wash. Good deal though. Does there rubber come from china? Was thinking they were made in france? Been deleting my crc emails so i dont go shopping. They do go in and out of stock on michelin quite regularly. They seem to reorder quite a bit. Wonder if theyve stocked the new dh tires yet. Must resist
    Also i havent swapped from recommended gumx magicx wheel placements so i havent tried both on compounds on the front or rear. Ill have to try the gumx f/r now. I havent noticed any crazy wear on either

I assumed they were made in China like everyone else's tires, but I have not tried to confirm that assumption. UC shipping was $7, probably more to Canukistan.

It might be ok. Under 100cad i usually can escape duty. Crc has been good that way with the cheapest post option

Out Of Stock
    However many are in a shit ton.

Just got a Dissector 29 x 2.6, curious how it will compare to an aggressor.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Thats the tire Buchanan has on his druid ews race bike. Sounds like they have them in dh casing. He has it paired with a vittoria tire insert and a dhf dh front with a huck norris.. i havent seen it or heard about it until then

Druid, dissector, 223 rotors and coil. Ran 200 saints on my scout with 150front. Recommend the big rotors. Power is there when you need it at will. 220 f/r codes on my yt decoy. Only thing i wonder is if the druid is enough travel for everything?

Yeah, bummed that they don’t have the exo+ or DD yet, but I want to try them.
    I think with my new knee I won’t be pushing any tire to it’s limits until August...

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Yep. Got a bunch of time on the AT 2.4 in both Race and MoPo rubber, and trail and enduro casings. Tread pattern seems really good, rubber is interesting. The top layer is quite tacky, especially in the MoPo, but the base rubber underneath it is very, very firm, making the knobs quite stiff overall. The Race compound knobs actually feel softer overall, I guess because the base rubber isn't quite as hard, even though the top stuff is tackier. Compared to a DHF, they roll a little better (which I'd attribute to stiffer and slightly shorter center knobs), brake better (wider center knobs), shed mud and dig into soft soil worse. They're great in drier conditions, but the wetter things are the more I'd look elsewhere.

The elephant in the room though is the bead. They are STUPID hard to get on rims. I literally could not mount them on We Are One Agents, and I can put Maxxis DH casing tires on those without levers. Broke a bunch of tire levers trying. I got them on some DT aluminum rims with a fight, but it sucked.
    Interesting.
    Usually pretty dry around me but some loose over hard stuff I need confidence on. How wide are they really? I have pretty narrow rims and a qr fork. And I still have a front derailleur but Specialized 2.3 fits.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Interesting.
    Usually pretty dry around me but some loose over hard stuff I need confidence on. How wide are they really? I have pretty narrow rims and a qr fork. And I still have a front derailleur but Specialized 2.3 fits.
    Both of the ones I measured are 2.34" across the tread on a 30mm rim.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Out Of Stock
    I wonder if I got the last pair they had.

Git'm while theyre hot! Gitcha rockr's!

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Yeah, bummed that they don’t have the exo+ or DD yet, but I want to try them.
    I think with my new knee I won’t be pushing any tire to it’s limits until August...
    You made it back this quick and its not even summer. Few dusty summer weeks of non stop fun and you'll forget that.
    Just clued in that its Brosnans tire , originally the "g'day" . Looks like a good design for what its meant to be. I think he used it f/r on a couple tracks, possibly leogang

I had a bad setback, tore my quad muscle in a fall.
    Bummer.