Bottom bracket question from a press fit noob

I've got a new frame on the way. It has a shimano press fit 92 bottom bracket. I'm moving parts from a frame with a gxp press fit 92 bb. Is there any reason that (with the right tools) I can't just swap the bb so I can still use the crankset on the new frame?

Alternately, will the Chris King gxp adapter work for this situation? (And not push the chainline out)?

How mfgs decided press fit was a good idea is beyond me...

I have successfully removed and reused a press fit BB with this tool. You could use a punch but marring the plastic cups is likely.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TL265H00.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	180808
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by rludes025 View Post
    I have successfully removed and reused a press fit BB with this tool. You could use a punch but marring the plastic cups is likely.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TL265H00.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	180808
    Is this the same tool as the headset cup remover? Or is it larger? (i.e. can I use my headset cup remover on a press fit BB?)
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

For less than $30 it worth buying a brand new bb92 GXP and installing it. Even with the right tools in the shop it's hard to remove a pressfit BB without damaging the plastic cups.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Is this the same tool as the headset cup remover? Or is it larger? (i.e. can I use my headset cup remover on a press fit BB?)
    Its smaller actually
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Its smaller actually
    Thanks. One more tool to buy...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

Are the presses that come with this designed to press in the bearings into the plastic cups for a PF92 setup? Or the plastic cups into the frame? (same question for removal). I've tried searching park tool's site and their instructions for the tool and it's not clear to me.

I'm not really interested in having to buy a removal tool, installation tool AND a bottom bracket. I will just buy a shimano crankset before I do all that.

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    Are the presses that come with this designed to press in the bearings into the plastic cups for a PF92 setup? Or the plastic cups into the frame? (same question for removal). I've tried searching park tool's site and their instructions for the tool and it's not clear to me.

I'm not really interested in having to buy a removal tool, installation tool AND a bottom bracket. I will just buy a shimano crankset before I do all that.
    Its not really worth replacing the bearings in the cups. This tool has what you need to remove the cups w/bearings and reinstall them. You will need a headset press or a homemade press with some all thread, washers, and bolts.

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    For less than $30 it worth buying a brand new bb92 GXP and installing it. Even with the right tools in the shop it's hard to remove a pressfit BB without damaging the plastic cups.
    This. And pay a shop $25 bucks to face the BB then install it for you.
    Do this once every couple years and it's a lot less money and hassle than buying $300 bucks worth of tools and fucking around with it yourself.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Its not really worth replacing the bearings in the cups. This tool has what you need to remove the cups w/bearings and reinstall them. You will need a headset press or a homemade press with some all thread, washers, and bolts.
    Thats what I was looking for actually. I was worried that the tool was for pressing bearings into cups and that I'd have to buy another damn tool to actually press the cups into the frame. The instructions for the tool only referencing installing bearings, so I wasn't sure.