Thread: Mcl instability

Mcl instability

Hello just wanted to ask is it common to get knee instability after mcl injury but without sweeling and much pain.

I injured my mcl it was a sharp pain for few seconds but it was ok in a few minutes i just felt knee instability after. Next morning there was some pain no swelling but what bothers me most is bucling knee. After 3 days there is basicly no pain no swelling but knee is unstable when i move it laterali from inside up or like kicking football with inside of the foot. Is it possible to get this kind of instability with grade 1 tear or its mostly grade 3. Dr.google says instability presists in grade 2 and 3. But i wanted to know other people experiences. Cant get to doc now so the only thing left to calm down my anxiety is to post here

Might not be your MCL at all. Could be meniscus or ACL. Typically a low grade MCL sprain is not unstable.

the doctors thought i tore mine completely based on the mri but after the swelling finally went down and the surgeon could look at it, she decided there was a little strand connected and they prefer to let mcls heal themselves.

obviously, this was more than a minor sprain, but the inflammation made it feel ike an unstable bag of mush. once the swelling went down, it was still not completely stable and the condition of the tear hadn't changed but it felt a lot less unstable. it never felt as unstable as when i tore my acl and meniscus in the other knee.

years down the road, no surgery, and the mcl doesn't bother me much. i've given up soccer, and pretty much everything but asi es la vida.

when i tore my ACL on other leg swelling and pain was massive and instability was forward and this time it's only buckels in to the side... btw did lachman test and it holds ok so i think it's not ACL

Pain on the inside, correct? My buddy had an MCL tear about two months ago and he had some stability issues...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

so little update:

so i visited doc and he said if there is no swelling and fluid in knee and no bruising it can't be full rupture and instability is normal even in 1 grade tears.
    it's 12 days after my injury and there is allmost no instability problem and mostly no pain so after 1-2 week i can be back to full training again..