Thread: Ben Beta?

Ben Beta?

hi.

Taking a trip scotland last week of april, first week of may. was wondering if anyone had any current info, or good links for the conditions and routes around Ben Nevis, or other scotland skiing/snowboarding. trying to decide if its worth bringing gear. ive herd there can be riding to be had into may.

w are stopping in iceland a for a few days on the return. should be good there, but not sure i want to carry a full setup for a day or two of riding.

Join the British Backcountry group on Facebook - lots of beta on there
    Look like snow is falling at the moment so your timing may be good
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

Hey Scott
    How the hell you doing ? go over to splitboard .com. There is a splitter from Scotland over there. He got pics and trip reports. He also has a bad ass van conversion he blogs about. I think he is pretty well vested in the whole island

Hey Ray!

Thanks! Long time buddy. Doing very good. Not much has changed, except I finally went back to work after my 7 year vacation. Hope you are doing as well or better. Have to catch up sometime. I haven't been able to log on to split board since they did the password change thing a couple years ago. I tried contacting admin a few times, then gave up. It doesn't really seem like the spot for conversation anymore anyways. I went back and read about the Scottish splitfest, but didn't see the others. Thanks for the tip! ( I also got a Chevy shorty van I'm converting, so double score!)

Oh yeah.. They also opened up a legal weed store a couple blocks from my house. Heh, Country living.. No stops lights or fast food for ten miles, but all the convenience you need. have to get together again some day.

And thanks Arno, I'll check out the fb group. Glad to hear it's snowing, you got me excited to bring my gear now.

https://kahtiryan.wordpress.com

Pretty good blog. Needed snow and van stoke provided! Thanks again! I sent him a message via there.

Glad to help you out Man. You guys stole all our snow once again
    Good to hear your heading on an adventure.
    Good luck and have a blast

well... leaving for Edinburgh again in a few days.
    Last trip the guys at the backcountry sports store in Aviemore where great! snow was ok at cairngorm, but a little low on vis. oddly found an sd card from the last trip.

Here is a very poor edit of a failed attempt of tower gulley on ben nevis. riding @ 2 minutes in. lots of cool looking gulleys on the north face. would love to spend a good winter week up there sometime.

https://youtu.be/F-oJwbjR3I4