Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    The receiver screwed the pooch by holding out for top tier resort money when Jay is maybe a 2nd tier resort at best.
    Live Free or Die

It's not just a ski hill, it's a year round destination resort. And that industry won't come back for years.

In a way, maybe it's good they're in recievership limbo, because they really don't have to show a profit. For a while. Wonder how long that can last.

Who has the latest gossip on the sale? Only name that's been mentioned to me lately is Alterra/Ikon....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

You tell us. Sooner or later, it will happen.

I’ve heard private equity will pounce when fed induced recession hits this summer. I’d name names but no one would know them. Not even buns. Three different possubrillities

how long till your 4th post?

Any day now

^^golf clap

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Energy View Post
    I’ve heard private equity will pounce when fed induced recession hits this summer. I’d name names but no one would know them. Not even buns. Three different possubrillities
    CrossHarbor Capital?

How much are we talking here?

Quote Originally Posted by puhisurfer View Post
    How much are we talking here?
    $37

Plus free citizenship.
    . . .

Sounds like something will be announced soon.

There's no timeline for a sale but Wright said they're getting close with two or three potential buyers from out of state.

"It would not surprise me to have a sale finalize by the end of our fiscal year here which ends at the end of April, but it would also not surprise me to begin a new fiscal year which starts on May 1," Wright said.

https://vtdigger.org/2022/03/01/jay-...hase-jay-peak/

Doesn't sound like Vail thank god... “Both of them are buyers that are going to continue to let us do our thing with respect to how we run the business, things that we value.”

When the Mount Saint Sauveur people ran the hill, was it well run? I wouldn't mind seeing them scoop it up again due to geographical self interest. They do a pretty good job here and it would make the Bromont / MSS combo a real value. On the plus side for people on the other side of the moose, it probably wouldn't change the hill much. Already plenty of quebs getting those par tickets, whereas if they go Epikonic it'll be fubar.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

When MMS owned it the mountain was really well run. Of course Stenger was the GM.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    When MMS owned it the mountain was really well run. Of course Stenger was the GM.
    Maybe they can get a cheap contract with him through VT corrections then? You don't usually get C level talent for minimum wage.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Daily work release program. Jailed gang members would force him into smuggling.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    CrossHarbor Capital?

I hope you're kidding. Very few on this planet possess the ability to ruin a town more effectively than those cunts.

If Byrne gets his soft mits on Jay, Belfry will get a heli pad and Grunts will be turned into J1 housing before anyone knows what happened.

I was chatting with Steve Wright at the bar a few weeks ago and he mentioned he was trying to direct it towards one of the two interested buyers but wouldn't name names, I tried to lure it out of him with some shots of Jamo but he wouldn't budge.

I saw a good list of the original interested parties from the end of 2019 I think and CrossHarbor wasn't on the list, but obviously things could change. He said the two companies do have plans for more development (obviously), I guess it remains to be seen how far down the hill they move but if they go after Grunts I'll stage a protest, that place is legendary
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

So what private jets have been popping in round Jay?

https://vtdigger.org/2022/08/19/new-...y-peak-resort/

Hard to believe it is going to sell for the current offer

I mean in all honesty what the fuck is wrong with alterra. Pay the $85 mil it’s assessed at and make bank off a Vt resort that actually gets snow. This seems like another story of a big corp missing the honey hole on a company in Vermont.

^ Too close to Sugarbush?

Vermont is one of the least business-friendly states in the country, something I'm sure Alterra has learned the hard way. I'm actually happy that Pacific is probably going to win. They are likely going to let Steve W continue to run things which is good IMO. Ragged is a completely different place (all for the better) since they took it over.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    ^ Too close to Sugarbush?

Vermont is one of the least business-friendly states in the country, something I'm sure Alterra has learned the hard way. I'm actually happy that Pacific is probably going to win. They are likely going to let Steve W continue to run things which is good IMO. Ragged is a completely different place (all for the better) since they took it over.

gotta be, or the numbers are too up and down depending on whether the border is open or not.

regardless of what happens, if day tickets explode in price, they are going to really limit the number of locals.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    regardless of what happens, if day tickets explode in price, they are going to really limit the number of locals.
    That seems unlikely...you could by an unrestricted pass at Ragged for $379 if you bought early season. That pass gives access to all PRG resorts (although not unlimited). I had vouchers when I skied there last winter but I think day tix were something like $75 and they offer 50% off for veterans on weekdays. Unless the local management wants to do something out of character; the corporate overlords seem to have a very hands off approach.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Hard to believe it is going to sell for the current offer
    Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I mean in all honesty what the fuck is wrong with Vail. Pay the $85 mil it’s assessed at and make bank off a Vt resort that actually gets snow. This seems like another story of a big corp missing the honey hole on a company in Vermont.
    This makes sense as Vail could use an eastern resort that draws a shitton of Canadiens to counter Alterras' ownership of Tremblant and Blue, the second and third busiest resorts in Canada.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime