Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Hits from the bong...detoxing

I will start by saying that weed is awesome! I have smoked on and off since I was 20 with breaks here and there. Sometimes months, occasionally for a year. As time has passed my tolerance and dependence have increased to the point I'm not loving it right now.

So I decided last month to take a break from consuming THC. I fell off the wagon a couple weeks ago and am now trying again.

Today is day 2. I am hurting from the withdrawal. Fever, chills, nausea, and I have terrible night sweats. Anybody have any remedies other than cranberry juice and well, weed? I'm hoping to make it a while this time, possibly maybe even permanently. I'm still wrapping my mind around it.
    Last edited by NW_SKIER; 08-12-2016 at 05:52 PM.

I find that narcotics like oxy and hydrocodone are very useful for pot withdrawal. Dilaudid if you can get it.
    And I guess that I just don't know

Kratom

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

I have no access to hydros or oxy unfortunately. What is Kratom?
    Quitting used to be easy. Concentrates have changed the game.

Drink a lot.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Bath salts should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Fever, chills, nausea, and I have terrible night sweats.
    Are you sure it's not AIDS?

Seriously though, I would start with mellow edibles to taper off, not quit cold turkey from a heavy concentrate habit. Like get some Zoot Rocks and take one every 4-6 hours and then taper off for a few days.

Im on the same program. Quit a couple days ago. Not feeling the withdrawal effects. Are you sure you don't have the flu?
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Weed seems to help my weed-withdrawal problems a lot.

I've been smoking pretty much daily probably longer than you've been alive and when I haven't been able to do so like on the 10-day trip overseas last year, I was completely fine. No issues. I second the thought that you might have the flu.

Ice, go edibles for international travel. Easy, neat, no telltale odors.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Definitely not the flu. I encountered these symptoms last summer when I took a break from heavy concentrate use.

I'm not sure that edible route is good for me. I struggle with moderation so cold turkey is about the only way I can get it done I'm afraid.

@Benny: Yeah I took some with me on a trip to Japan but it was too weird and paranoia-inducing (maybe because it was Japan) so when I went on another trip later in the year I just bagged it and drank wine.

how long can it last?

For fuck sake this isn't heroin

suck it up princess
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Ice, I love it. Don't smoke anymore. God bless Colorado.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

I'm just mad about bong hits......

i find that if i don't make it a win/lose proposition it's easier to deal with. you have perfectly reasonable reasons for wanting to take a break. you've smoked plenty so it's not like you don't know what you're getting and haven't enjoyed it. you may smoke again down the road, probably will, no big deal. but for now you're committing to doing something else.

if i make it absolute "i'm quitting" and i HAVE to quit the psychological strain of the setup pretty much guarantees i will slip. if i focus on the change i'm trying to make -- improving my pulmonary function to lose weight -- rather than the thing i'm trying to stop -- evil weed -- i find it easier to focus on the rational choice and just keep working harder on that.

i'm not saying it's not hard. i've had to leave places to get out of the grip of things because i knew it would kill me if i didn't. you're capable of change. you have changed before in innumerable ways. free will is great if you accept it.
    Last edited by wyeaster; 04-14-2016 at 09:48 AM.

Lay off the concentrates man. Go back to vaping flower. Sounds like you need to ween instead of cold turkey. Exercise and eat clean, no sugars. Good luck bro, that sux.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    I struggle with moderation so cold turkey is about the only way I can get it done I'm afraid.
    Rehab? I hear Sundown is good.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i find that if i don't make it a win/lose proposition it's easier to deal with. you have perfectly reasonable reasons for wanting to take a break. you've smoked plenty so it's like you don't know what you're getting and haven't enjoyed it. you may smoke again down the road, probably will, no big deal. but for now you're committing to doing something else.

if i make it absolute "i'm quitting" and i HAVE to quit the psychological strain of the setup pretty much guarantees i will slip. if i focus on the change i'm trying to make -- improving my pulmonary function to lose weight -- rather than the thing i'm trying to stop -- evil weed -- i find it easier to focus on the rational choice and just keep working harder on that.

i'm not saying it's not hard. i've had to leave places to get out of the grip of things because i knew it would kill me if i didn't. you're capable of change. you have changed before in innumerable ways. free will is great if accept it.
    this^^

Its probably good to stop even if just for awhile for a new perspective but you likley ain't gona quit so don'
    t set yourslef up for failure
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I have recently cut way back- just find some schwag or even nice sugar leaf. You still go thru the motions and it's enough to take the edge off

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    how long can it last?

For fuck sake this isn't heroin

suck it up princess
    Haha. It's not heroin, but it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i find that if i don't make it a win/lose proposition it's easier to deal with. you have perfectly reasonable reasons for wanting to take a break. you've smoked plenty so it's not like you don't know what you're getting and haven't enjoyed it. you may smoke again down the road, probably will, no big deal. but for now you're committing to doing something else.

i'm not saying it's not hard. i've had to leave places to get out of the grip of things because i knew it would kill me if i didn't. you're capable of change. you have changed before in innumerable ways. free will is great if you accept it.
    Thank you for this

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Rehab? I hear Sundown is good.
    I've heard that as well.

Definitely not a one size fits all thing. Years ago I read a study re the wide range of effects that daily pot smoking can have on individual's respective serotonin levels. Of course, it's no surprise that daily or near daily pot use affects different people differently. Here's a link to a related study concluding that THC in low doses can help depression but in high doses can worsen depression, and what constitutes a "high" or "low" does varies greatly among individuals. Again, no surprise there.

NW_SKIER, if your withdraw symptoms persist, consider seeing a shrink re getting a happy pill scrip. I once hung out with a chronic waker & baker who had big time withdrawal symptoms when he tried to wean off pot until he was put on a low dose of Wellbutrin, which, he said, made it easy to stop smoking pot. And he seemed to gain 20 IQ points. Last I heard he weaned off the Wellbutrin and was still straight, which is good because he seems to be wired no pot vs. pot every day and often with no in-between ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    NW_SKIER, if your withdraw symptoms persist, consider seeing a shrink re getting a happy pill scrip. I once hung out with a chronic waker & baker who had big time withdrawal symptoms when he tried to wean off pot until he was put on a low dose of Wellbutrin… And he seemed to gain 20 IQ points.
    I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I find that narcotics like oxy and hydrocodone are very useful for pot withdrawal. Dilaudid if you can get it.
    Yea, replace one drug for another pain killer type that probably is more addictive if taken regularly and harder to get off.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Yea, replace one drug for another pain killer type that probably is more addictive if taken regularly and harder to get off.
    Whoops, did I forget the little winky thing again? Apologies.