Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

The Quest for Lord Stanley's Cup 2016

Goddamn I love the 2nd season. This Wings/Lightning game is fun as hell.

Let's go caps!
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Let's go caps!
    HELLZ yeah!

...but that's tomorrow night. Here's hoping the Rags put a hurting on the Pens.

That was about as close of an offside call as possible against TB = and it had resulted in the go ahead goal.

I love how every play from now on actually matters.

fuck me

Who cares. Hockey's stupid.

Fucking americans.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Wings didn't move their feet all night. They're toast, and i'm saying that as a long-time fan.

It absolutely sucks that there are no Canukistanian teams in the playoffs. We can [un]thank Bettman for fucking up that awesome tradition of supporting the roots of the sport.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

The Quest for Lord Stanley's Cup 2016

fuck the rags

and the B's

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Here's hoping the Rags put a hurting on the Pens.

Uhhh, not tonight. Hopefully, Lundqvist is OK, or this might get ugly.

Red Wings-Lightning did not disappoint for the first game of the 2nd season. Great game

nor has the Blackhawks-Blues which could be the best series of the opening round..

I'm a Bruins fan but I'm jumping on the Caps bandwagon this playoffs. They deserve a Cup win and OV is maybe the most exciting player in the game right now (apologies to Kane, Stamkos, Malkin, Toews, Crosby, Getzlaf, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Wings didn't move their feet all night. They're toast, and i'm saying that as a long-time fan.

It absolutely sucks that there are no Canukistanian teams in the playoffs. We can [un]thank Bettman for fucking up that awesome tradition of supporting the roots of the sport.
    While I agree and always root for a Canuck team to make it far into the playoffs -- come on. Bettman didn't make the those teams suck this year. They did that all on their own. (insert unnecessary u's, aboots, and other Canadianisms as necessary.)

The fact that Toronto Maple Leafs have sucked for a very long time should be an national shame North of the border.

He didn't, but the deck on salary currency and stadium subsidizing is so stacked against CAN, it would be good if he at least recognized that...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

It's Canada's National Sport (well, it's really Lacrosse but ... yeah) Toronto is the richest city in Canada - they could make as much money as they need to be competitive, plus they have the NHL lawmakers in their back yard. Pretty sure there's no cabal working against Canadian Hockey in the NHL, since without the farmboys from Saskatoon or Wawa the league is shit.

Are you suggesting some kind of preferential treatment for Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver vis-a-vis the Caps or Penguins?

no answers just questions

LGRW!!
    Caps #2...

I say, FUCK Canada I'm glad no Canadian teams made it

Habs fans are among the most obnoxious and annoying in all of sports, and thats coming from a Boston fan

And Maple Leaf fans are even worse, if thats possible, considering their sense of entiltlement and swagger stems from absolutely NOTHING. and remember the reaction of Vancouver fans when the Bs beat them for the Cup??? Fuck em I say

that being said, Sens fans are OK in my experience

If the hawks keep up their playoff OT tradition then I'm gonna have a rough time at work. Loved having full penalty boxes in Detroit game.

sure does

While I agree and always root for a Canuck team to make it far into the playoffs -- come on. Bettman didn't make the those teams suck this year. They did that all on their own. (insert unnecessary u's, aboots, and other Canadianisms as necessary.)

The fact that Toronto Maple Leafs have sucked for a very long time should be an national shame North of the border.
    yes but Bettman is no fan of new teams in Canada. he rather keep suck ass franchises alive in place people give 2 shits about Hockey

and yes total shame

He didn't, but the deck on salary currency and stadium subsidizing is so stacked against CAN, it would be good if he at least recognized that...
    this is unavoidable with the Cnd dollar being what it is

It's Canada's National Sport (well, it's really Lacrosse but ... yeah) Toronto is the richest city in Canada - they could make as much money as they need to be competitive, plus they have the NHL lawmakers in their back yard. Pretty sure there's no cabal working against Canadian Hockey in the NHL, since without the farmboys from Saskatoon or Wawa the league is shit.

Are you suggesting some kind of preferential treatment for Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver vis-a-vis the Caps or Penguins?
    Lacrosse ? nay Beer drinking is 1st

Toronto Maple Leafs owners never needed a winning team because the fans still buy tickets to every game (corporate boxes are a big factor as well) so win or lose they make huge profits. As a disfranchised fan I'm starting to believe that the organization is going to get better in our "rebuilding years". hopefully..maybe...maybe not?
    Even if we win the Cup (ok stop laughing) eventually we'll go back to how it was/is.

btw Montreal used to get the pick of the litter in Quebec players. Imagine if Toronto had that for Ontario the Habs would have a lot less Cups in their glory years.
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I say, FUCK Canada I'm glad no Canadian teams made it

... and remember the reaction of Vancouver fans when the Bs beat them for the Cup??? Fuck em I say
    I will find you, track you down and kill you. Slowly.

And P fucking S. What are you supposed to do when your team gets beat in a Stanley Cup final - NOT RIOT???

God you're an idiot. And I bet you can't ski. C'mon Diamond Joe - ski off???

Oh, and if you want to blame someone for the disaster that is canadian hockey player's salary - sure blame Bettman, I certainly do for keeping money losing franchises going down south when there would be great fan support in Quebec City or Hamilton, however the real culprit behind the shitty Canadian dollar is the Saudis. Hopefully them and the russkies get together and cap their oil exports - that will get the price of oil up, re-invigorate the canadian (and the Albertan) economy and get us back in the playoffs!

It also wouldn't hurt my workload. And, a larger paycheck would allow me to find Diamond Joe quicker in order to track him down, and kill him. Right after the ski off.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

touched a nerve, huh?

i'd like to see the caps win once

i used to go watch in the 80s and, as a kid, helmets were required so, seeing langway skate around helmetless, i'd wonder how many cracks to the noggin he took over the years

Go Wild! Underdogs again. It's worked the last two years for us in round 1. Dallas his year... Sucks not having Parasie. If it's not the Wild, I hope to see OV hoist the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    i'd like to see the caps win once
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    I hope to see OV hoist the cup.
    for OV I'd love to see him hoist the Cup.
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Absolutely the #1 hope for me is to get one of the greatest players in NHL history to hoist the cup.

yes!
    watch out for snakes

Goaltending is suspect, which drives playoff hopes but I'm all in on the Stars!