Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
    Fuck

Fuck you for giving it to Crosby. He didn't do shit this whole playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Yep, totally undeserved.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

LeTang, Kessel, and Hagelin had more impact on their win than Sidney, as did Malkin.

Garbage. I knew they were gonna give it to him. fucking NHL poster boy... Bettman can gargle his balls later on tonight at the after party

ah well

Stick a fork in the 2015-2016 NHL season. who gets last post in the thread??

Maguire looked like he wanted to kiss Crosby in the post-game interview. Good God this is getting dumb. Ah well, bring on the World Cup of Hockey circle jerk in September. I'll watch.

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    Hard for the Sharks to win only having a couple of shots in the 3rd...better team definitely won.
    Right? Shoot the fucking puck. Yeesh. Oh well.

Fuck Cindy and Bettman.

Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Should probably go in the gifs thread.
    Fuck Crosby and his 4 fucking assists.

I'm not a particular Penguins fan (I'm a Wings fan) or a particular Crosby fan, but Crosby dominated play whenever he was on the ice. The Sharks obviously thought he was an MVP candidate since they oriented their defense towards stopping him, which made space for other lines. The Penguins obviously thought so given he's on first line, his ice time-espeically at crucial moments, and his captaincy. MVP's are stupid -- these are after all team sports (although if Sharks took the series Jones would have been the obvious choice--and where were the Sharks stars Pavelski and Thornton) but Crosby certainly deserved to be one of the candidates. Anyone who doesn't appreciate what he was doing doesn't understand the sport. Seems like a lot of sour grapes here.

Crosby is a bitch!

While I'm in agreement with Old Goat, where's the fun in that!
    always a classic!:
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm not a particular Penguins fan (I'm a Wings fan) or a particular Crosby fan, but Crosby dominated play whenever he was on the ice. The Sharks obviously thought he was an MVP candidate since they oriented their defense towards stopping him, which made space for other lines. The Penguins obviously thought so given he's on first line, his ice time-espeically at crucial moments, and his captaincy. MVP's are stupid -- these are after all team sports (although if Sharks took the series Jones would have been the obvious choice--and where were the Sharks stars Pavelski and Thornton) but Crosby certainly deserved to be one of the candidates. Anyone who doesn't appreciate what he was doing doesn't understand the sport. Seems like a lot of sour grapes here.
    QFT

I was rooting for the Sharks to win it too. But there is no denying that he was a governing factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    Crosby is a bitch
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    Crosby is a bitch!
    I didn't say he wasn't. It's possible for a bitch to be MVP. (After the Wings went out I was rooting for the Caps and Ovechkin. He's no bitch. Son of a bitch maybe. And overdue.)

One cool thing about hockey is that an assist is the same point as a goal. Hockey understands that the pass is often a better play than the shot that follows. Unlike soccer where someone can put the ball on a shooters foot on the doorstep of an open goal and get no credit. I saw a game where the announcers were saying that Messi was having a bad game because he hadn't scored, despite setting up both goals.

Malkin...I hate him. Happy to see Cullen get another cup. Class act all the way.

LeTang, Kessel, and Hagelin had more impact on their win than Sidney, as did Malkin.
    . 19 points is a little better than shit. 3 game winners against Tampa. Set up 2 goals last night. The best defensive forward in the series, the best possession player in the series. I wouldn't have voted for him, but I can't fault those that did. I'd have gone with Kessel myself, but as Phil is an American, and persona non grata in Toronto, the Canadian media was never going to vote for him. Murray was great for a rookie, but not great enough for a Conn Smythe. The Pens shot blocking, puck retrieval, and possession were just as important as Murray in most games. Malkin did squat until the final. I love him but he was just finding his game when the playoffs ended. Can't argue with Letang. That guy is money. Totally outclassed Burns.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    This.

Malkin...I hate him.
    today he's trolling Kennywood, stealing candy from preschoolers!

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    today he's trolling Kennywood, stealing candy from preschoolers!
    If it's like 2009, he and some teammates are on Carson Street, 2nd floor of Marios, holding the cup out of the window, pouring Champagne onto the crowd gathered on the street below.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Malkin...I hate him.
    If you need another reason to hate him there's this, courtesy of Wikipedia. Malkin owns a restaurant in Magnitogorsk which is designed to look like the inside of a prison.
    He's still a great player but not the player he was in 08 imo. Probably needs to lose some weight. Crosby is better than he was--at least in the playoffs.

Bump to remind Flyers and Caps fans that the Penguins have won the cup! How's summer going ?

That was an exciting 20 minutes of trades and signings yesterday. Edmonton and Montreal fans are outraged.