Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    I guess if I'm gonna complain I should provide some alternatives. This was not a slam on 4FRNT....I'ved owned 2013 and 2015 Renegades, 2013 and 2014 Hojis, 2016 Kye 110s, 2015 and 2016 Devs, 2019 Inthaynes, 2018 and 2019 MSP 99s....for whatever reason I've sold all my 4FRNTs (Inthaynes and Rens went to my sons). My 10 year old daughter is still on pink 4FRNT Blondies and 4FRNT Coyotes. And my wife has some 2019 179cm 4FRNT Hoji Ws.

Favs that I owned re graphics were probably the 2016 Kye 110s and 2013 Pilsner Hojis (see below).

I don't mind the new MSP graphics. Or the Rens, Hojis and Ravens of the last 2 years.

My thoughts for the Dev for next year...

Thinking is that the Dev is a sort of bad ass ski....so make it understated?...eg like a Cochise or Faction CT 5.0.
    Plain graphics would work better than this year's graphics, which are just too kid-like....eg the Devastator Jr?

Or just bring back the 2013 Pilsner graphic we all want....
    Hell ya! Thanks for the feedback. TBH we've worked so hard to get away from the plain graphics that you see on 95% of the rest of the industry because we're sick of everything looking the same. We can put whatever we want on these sticks now because everything doesn't have to look exactly the same like it does in a shop. But, here is the downfall of graphic focused skis, much easier to not like when skis are totally different; like we see with you and Devastator this year. This is the gamble. Hopefully next years will be more your style!

Pilsner graphic.....stay tuned is all I can say

I don't have a horse in this race but I personally would never buy or choose not to buy a ski based on the topsheet.

I get that this is probably not the norm in the industry but I'm way more concerned about how a ski performs than anything else.

Hell... this thread is based on the Rossi Sickle... which I loved but it looked like a horrible couch from the 80s. So ugly but such a good ski I didn't care.

My goggles don't go with my helmet either... I'm a freaking mess!

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    I don't have a horse in this race but I personally would never buy or choose not to buy a ski based on the topsheet.

I get that this is probably not the norm in the industry but I'm way more concerned about how a ski performs than anything else.

Hell... this thread is based on the Rossi Sickle... which I loved but it looked like a horrible couch from the 80s. So ugly but such a good ski I didn't care.

My goggles don't go with my helmet either... I'm a freaking mess!

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    I think in reality there is enough uncertainty in most ski purchase decisions that getting down to a short list of skis and choosing your favorite top sheet is not obviously dumber than other approaches.

Plus, and I know Iím guilty of this, there is a bit of fetishization for cool top sheets on the Moment/ON3P/Praxis semi-customs.

To be fair, the Devastator is/was a unique enough ski Iím not exactly sure what else is on the short list my hypothetical consumer is coin flipping between by choosing their favorite graphic.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbIdeasOnly View Post
    I think in reality there is enough uncertainty in most ski purchase decisions that getting down to a short list of skis and choosing your favorite top sheet is not obviously dumber than other approaches.

Plus, and I know I’m guilty of this, there is a bit of fetishization for cool top sheets on the Moment/ON3P/Praxis semi-customs.

To be fair, the Devastator is/was a unique enough ski I’m not exactly sure what else is on the short list my hypothetical consumer is coin flipping between by choosing their favorite graphic.
    Name checks out
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

For what itís worth, I like the art on the Devís. Assume it is a Watchmen reference and would look good with my orange jacket. Would be fun for my kids to look at on the chairlift. Iím interested to see Blisterís review later this year and comparisons to the handful of other skis Iím thinking about buying. Iím not making decisions on top sheets alone but worth pointing out that it is one factor in evaluating some fairly similar looking skis. Also still thinking about weight, length, and stiffness differences but:
    Devastators: love the topsheet, worry it is too light, too short; unsure about reverse camber
    Wildcat 108: Was likely to buy this year but hate the topsheets. Wish I had bought last year.
    Woodsman 108: top sheet is fine but boring
    J Skis Hotshot: love the topsheets, waiting for Blister review. Worry it will be too soft, but intrigued by the heavy weight.

Sure sounds like you are making your decision based on the top sheets...

Fwiw, I like the new dev topsheets too, and especially the bases. Cant abide by that weight though - a ski called the devastator cant be a lightweight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New design with the old weight would be more ideal.

I understand lightening up the ski to appeal to a larger market and since the company is based on the east coast I feel like the skis have gradually been shifting to be more suitable there with lighter weight and smaller turn radii to suit the slower speeds and tighter terrain.

But unless you came up with some kind of new material no one else has your 2000 gram ski wonít ski like the old ones, I donít care what your marketing copy says.

Also the new top sheet is like the old vcts which were rad.

Quote Originally Posted by madriverfreeride View Post
    New design with the old weight would be more ideal.

I understand lightening up the ski to appeal to a larger market and since the company is based on the east coast I feel like the skis have gradually been shifting to be more suitable there with lighter weight and smaller turn radii to suit the slower speeds and tighter terrain.

But unless you came up with some kind of new material no one else has your 2000 gram ski wonít ski like the old ones, I donít care what your marketing copy says.
    The move from SLC to the east coast has made me worried about the future of the brand since day one. At least 4frnt is lurking this forum and they still have the white room in SLC.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Was there a 194 dev that was the same design just a little lighter built in last years lineup? Could be a cool ski. Feels like they should have changed the name for this iteration.

Yes, I think so - the topsheet with the viking ship. Dont recall what the weight was, maybe 2250ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk