Lunada Bay Boys and gang leader Peter McCollum

Class actions lawsuit against both Luanda Bay Boys and the city of Palos Verdes Estates

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...329-story.html

These douche rags are back in the news again. I guess they are getting too old and cannot keep up their territory......it is all over you retarded fucks. Gang laws have certainly evolved and now code enforcement is treating you like a development nuisance....you're fucked.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Damn, those idiots are still at it? I thought the time the guy got the Harbor Patrol to go out and call the dude out for threating to kill Him would have stopped this shit.
    I hope they shut these thugs down and take the Estates to the cleaners. This has gone on way too long
    I hope the good people of San Diego are keeping an eye in this The WindanSea surf club is the same type

Have a friend who raised his family in PV. Asked his son awhile ago about the Local issues. He can surf that area because he knows them but chooses not too. The police will make you leave your car and drive you home if you are caught drunk driving. No arrest. That area plays by different rules because of the old money.
    HB has the same local issue at the oil wells. They let you drift by their peak but will not let you in the rotation. Same old shit.

Lunada Bay Boys and gang leader Peter McCollum

The Bay Boys have nothing on Whitey and his band of goons in the early 90's @ Hazard Canyon on the CC. I buy that they haze people they don't recognize as a safety thing - it can be pretty big water and if you don't know what you are doing you can get hurt.
    Edit to add:
    I don't think that the Bay Boys really have anyone's safety in mind though. Chucking rocks at people who haven't even suited up and trashing cars is just asinine.

That said...

I was one of those guys who would surf a lot of secret reef breaks on the CC when I was in college. All white board, all black suit, you come alone and you sure as fuck don't tell ANYONE where you surfed. It could be big, cold and scary, and the lot of us made sure it was intimidating.

It was such an important code to live by...or at least I thought it was. I go back up there and surf every once in a while and I really don't see it anymore. The spots are remote, and break maybe a couple of times a year if you are lucky. There's really no chance of a crowd heading there because someone blabbed about it. It all seems really silly now.
    Last edited by boarddad; 04-22-2016 at 04:48 PM.

So, do the Bay Boys hassle people at the other PV breaks - the Cove, Haggarty's, Indicator, or Rat? The reason I ask is I grew up in PV in the 60s, pretty committed surfer, and I just about never surfed Lunada Bay. Nobody there did much unless it was a big north swell, otherwise it was pretty much a crappy wave. Did things change there?

I never hassled anyone, no one ever hassled me.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I never hassled anyone, no one ever hassled me.
    This.

They need to get the camera back. Years ago they installed one that Surfline could monitor, then took it down and put one up that only the police could monitor, which did nothing. With the spot being videoed it would give evidence to those who say they have been harassed there.

We will see what happens. These lawsuits are difficult to prove.

Is McCollum one of the people they are going after? He was arrested around 20 years ago, so if he is still at it after getting caught once that is pretty stupid. A news crew filmed him and the judge fined him 15,000.

It has been suggested that they need officers who surf to go undercover out there. That would be interesting
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    It has been suggested that they need officers who surf to go undercover out there. That would be interesting
    I thought I read that one of the plaintiffs in the civil suit is an El Segundo PD officer. Seems like PV cops are so well compromised/in bed with these dudes that shit ain't gonna work.

See: http://www.dailybreeze.com/lifestyle...verdes-estates

(HT to Meadow Skipper for that link.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

To answer my own question from a couple posts upthread, I found a reference today in a Surfer Magazine guide that said the the PV localism was mostly occurring at the breaks below the cliffs between Indicator (just south of the Cove) and Lunada Bay. Dicks, and the cops too.

Actually an easy fix ... undercover cops from a different area that surf and start making arrest.. watched the dude punch the older guy several times that's when you pull a glock out and shoot the fuck stick in the head....what laws are like in cali I don't know but where I live I carry and so do others....punks like that deserve to have there legs broken or shot in the face....
    always forward but never straight

I find this kind of thing disgusting and a total perversion of the outdoor ethic. Those aren't surfers. Those are thugs in neoprene.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    Actually an easy fix ... undercover cops from a different area that surf and start making arrest.. watched the dude punch the older guy several times that's when you pull a glock out and shoot the fuck stick in the head....what laws are like in cali I don't know but where I live I carry and so do others....punks like that deserve to have there legs broken or shot in the face....
    Vigilante justice only brings the sharks.

California is so fucked up.

Nothing really to do with Lunada Bay, but there's a guy here in Michigan who goes back and forth between here and California quite a bit and brings that bullshit attitude back here. Threw a big fit and tried to fight me 2 years ago over surfing...over his claim to a spot that's walking distance from my childhood home and a few minutes drive from my current home. Turns out he didn't even really grow up here, his grandparents lived here, I went to school with his uncle. He lived in another landlocked town and now carries a weird chip on his shoulder.

Same guy is trying to start giving beginner surf lessons here...which is just what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Vigilante justice only brings the sharks.
    very true but this really could be curbed rather easily
    always forward but never straight

At least Mitt Romney had the decency to not throw dirt clods and slash tires.

I was rather shocked are the brashness of angry surfers here is CA when I moved out two decades ago. Coming from riding trains in NYC to get to the surf, where no one knows if you are a crazy fuck, so no ones talks too much shit, it was a surprise.

It was also surprisingly easy to talk some of these folks down. Once when I was told to "fuckinng wake up," I apologized, mentioned somethin about Valium and promised to get a coffee when I got out. He then said, "well, yeah, you better," and paddled away. Never had a problem with him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I was rather shocked are the brashness of angry surfers here is CA when I moved out two decades ago. Coming from riding trains in NYC to get to the surf, where no one knows if you are a crazy fuck, so no ones talks too much shit, it was a surprise.

It was also surprisingly easy to talk some of these folks down. Once when I was told to "fuckinng wake up," I apologized, mentioned somethin about Valium and promised to get a coffee when I got out. He then said, "well, yeah, you better," and paddled away. Never had a problem with him again.
    More often than not those guys are all bark no bite. I'm not saying fights don't happen, they happen often in some places, but most of the guys in California who yell are just going to do that.

Here is a generalization: In California surfers yell, in Australia they are over it, and in Hawaii they just punch. No warning. It is a pretty broad generalization of course, but there is some truth to it.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Trying to remember a show, maybe 60 mins. or 20/20 type show, that featured a pro surfer, maybe Brock?, about being pro, blah, blah, blah, but talked about localism. I'll have to try to dig up the video if it's out there. I just remember him going up to some guy on the beach, accusing him of checking out his girlfriend and then just punching the dude in the face. I remember liking this guy back in the day and when I saw that I thought, what a giant asshole. I would have sued the fuck out him for assault.

I can see how if you live close to a certain break, you kind of feel like it's yours when "outsiders" come in but like the other ass said "you better wake up". Sorry, you don't own the ocean fuck nut.

Never surfed Lunada, but have surfed Indicators and quite frequently the Cove. No issues at the Cove. Super friendly crowd, but longboarders generally are a little more mellow. Never had any real problems at Indicators, but sensed a bit of a vibe, but if you didn't F'up and hassle anyone then it seemed fine. I also grew up in PV, but didn't surf as a kid so I probably knew the punks growing up, but that was a few decades ago now... This problem has been there forever and ultimately is likely the biggest reason I will always be a skier before surfer.

Now gotta say, chicas in booty bikinis, post surf Marg's, and overhead point break waves will make ya want to become a surfer full time. Not much better than that combo.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Plenty of booty bikini at the beach today. Just hanging with my son. Not surfing. He is like a booty magnet.

It's all cool until your wife starts asking who you "friends" are.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Naw. She's my boys friend. I just chaperone.

Heh heh right
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.